Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC 2020

Is just feels weird with the everything going on around us.  Will school start on time?  Will the season even start?  The trend in St Joe and Elkhart Co. is not very good currently.  I wonder how schools will be able to handle a potential outbreak among their team.

Sure I want football to be played but will it.  How will it feel to play a game with no fans in the stands?

On 7/27/2020 at 10:35 PM, SBFootballFan6 said:

With a week away from start of Fall camp how do things look in the North and South assuming we get to start?

North does Penn take back the Crown?

Does Elkhart show they can be a force as the big dog?

New coach keep NP running new the top?

Can Marian move to north and make some noice?

Any others ready to make a move and win more games?

In the south who will take over from NP and Marian winning almost every NIC South title?

Can a SB school rise to top?

Bremen rebound?

Jimtown finally out of shadow of Marian and NP?

Glenn ready to be a team to compete?

Lets see if we can get some talk on here. 

Football is finally here!! With that being said....

I don't see a South Bend School going .500 this year...

Adams- Ira was their entire offense last year. I really didn't see anyone that will fill his shoes in the passing game. Their Defense is suspect. 2-3? different D-Coordinator changes last year? They wont be able to compete with the likes of Elkhart and potentially 2-3 through the first 5 games. Riley wont be any competition for them this year and St. Joe could be their second win. Jones is going to have to do something he isn't use to doing and that's running the ball.

Riley- Old Marian JV coach at the helm now. Nothing exciting coming from last years younger kids. They still have a Luuga and Lee.  I don't see them winning more then 3 games. Maybe Washington, Bremen...Clay could potentially beat them this year.  I see them reaching deep in to Reggie Glon's old playbook and trying to run the rock. Hopefully they have more wins then the coach's Podcast does listeners.

Washington- loosing 22 seniors is going to hurt. Will see how this coach can develop players. It wont be as easy as getting handed a deep senior class. Will he use his inside edge and pull a few kids from Jefferson away from Jones/Adam's. Time will tell. Week1 determine if how their season will go playing a weak Hammond Team. Elkhart week 5? Who scheduled that match-up😨. Being one dimensional is going to cause them a bit of trouble. 

Jimtown- Solid team with a new coach at the helm.  QB is suppose to be a player. They might cause some trouble for the South Teams. Jimtown has a good shot at winning the South Crown.

Bremen- believe their QB is a Junior. He didn't look too bad last year. They're losing a solid TE who played both ways. Bremen won't be much of a threat this year but will find some success against the South Bend Schools. 3-4 win season.

Glenn- losing 15 seniors. They lose a solid DT and a SS. QB is a junior and a two year starter. Is this the year he puts it all together? Can the Tri-County school cause some fits for Jimtown...St. Joe? Glenn soars past Washington, Clay and Riley. Heard Glenn's freshmen JV team beat Riley's 56-0? last year. Glenn could be a big surprise. Time will tell.

St. Joe- a few question marks here. Whose going to fill in for their RB. Are they going to run 3x1 and flare the rb to the trips side for 25 plays? We will see how creative the playbook has gotten with all this time off.  .500 team.

NP- Radke's gone...Will they continue with their  one dimensional offense or start utilizing some more pass plays. They won't be able to compete with Elkhart and PENN if they continue with the heavy run game.

Marian- They won't have the success in the regular season as they did last year. Key loses Penn, Elkhart, Lima Central and NP. They should have no issues with Bremen but Whiting is a toss up.  They have a solid RB in #25 and the QB isn't too shabby. Their offensive line is questionable for the North conference. We will see if they pulled any talent from the surrounding area.

PENN- Did the pandemic help PENN in keeping some players from sneaking over to Edwardsburg? If Laporte is unable to play week 2. Penn could open up 0-3 again...Valpo, Cathedral and St. Xavier. Three tough match ups for a big school who lacks talent in the skill positions. 

Elkhart- Will this be the bigger and better Penn of the 90's? Talent at all the skill positions with decent size. This could be the team to finally put the North on the map down South. They could vary easily go undefeated into the sectionals. Again, South Bend Washington 3A with 700 students. Hopefully Elkhart puts in their JV team. No offense to Washington.

35 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

I don't see a South Bend School going .500 this year...

Adams- Ira was their entire offense last year. I really didn't see anyone that will fill his shoes in the passing game. Their Defense is suspect. 2-3? different D-Coordinator changes last year? They wont be able to compete with the likes of Elkhart and potentially 2-3 through the first 5 games. Riley wont be any competition for them this year and St. Joe could be their second win. Jones is going to have to do something he isn't use to doing and that's running the ball.

Riley- Old Marian JV coach at the helm now. Nothing exciting coming from last years younger kids. They still have a Luuga and Lee.  I don't see them winning more then 3 games. Maybe Washington, Bremen...Clay could potentially beat them this year.  I see them reaching deep in to Reggie Glon's old playbook and trying to run the rock. Hopefully they have more wins then the coach's Podcast does listeners.

Washington- loosing 22 seniors is going to hurt. Will see how this coach can develop players. It wont be as easy as getting handed a deep senior class. Will he use his inside edge and pull a few kids from Jefferson away from Jones/Adam's. Time will tell. Week1 determine if how their season will go playing a weak Hammond Team. Elkhart week 5? Who scheduled that match-up😨. Being one dimensional is going to cause them a bit of trouble. 

Jimtown- Solid team with a new coach at the helm.  QB is suppose to be a player. They might cause some trouble for the South Teams. Jimtown has a good shot at winning the South Crown.

Bremen- believe their QB is a Junior. He didn't look too bad last year. They're losing a solid TE who played both ways. Bremen won't be much of a threat this year but will find some success against the South Bend Schools. 3-4 win season.

Glenn- losing 15 seniors. They lose a solid DT and a SS. QB is a junior and a two year starter. Is this the year he puts it all together? Can the Tri-County school cause some fits for Jimtown...St. Joe? Glenn soars past Washington, Clay and Riley. Heard Glenn's freshmen JV team beat Riley's 56-0? last year. Glenn could be a big surprise. Time will tell.

St. Joe- a few question marks here. Whose going to fill in for their RB. Are they going to run 3x1 and flare the rb to the trips side for 25 plays? We will see how creative the playbook has gotten with all this time off.  .500 team.

NP- Radke's gone...Will they continue with their  one dimensional offense or start utilizing some more pass plays. They won't be able to compete with Elkhart and PENN if they continue with the heavy run game.

Marian- They won't have the success in the regular season as they did last year. Key loses Penn, Elkhart, Lima Central and NP. They should have no issues with Bremen but Whiting is a toss up.  They have a solid RB in #25 and the QB isn't too shabby. Their offensive line is questionable for the North conference. We will see if they pulled any talent from the surrounding area.

PENN- Did the pandemic help PENN in keeping some players from sneaking over to Edwardsburg? If Laporte is unable to play week 2. Penn could open up 0-3 again...Valpo, Cathedral and St. Xavier. Three tough match ups for a big school who lacks talent in the skill positions. 

Elkhart- Will this be the bigger and better Penn of the 90's? Talent at all the skill positions with decent size. This could be the team to finally put the North on the map down South. They could vary easily go undefeated into the sectionals. Again, South Bend Washington 3A with 700 students. Hopefully Elkhart puts in their JV team. No offense to Washington.

Well that’s quite the feedback on each team. Let’s hope our conference can play every week and we can see how it all shakes out. 

1 minute ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

Well that’s quite the feedback on each team. Let’s hope our conference can play every week and we can see how it all shakes out. 

NO comment on Clay?  Enough said.  Weird not seeing Mishawaka

9 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

NO comment on Clay?  Enough said.  Weird not seeing Mishawaka

Clay- If they can get all 11 players on the field consecutively and shy away from the Diamond formations with the NCAA 14 routes. They could possibly challenge Riley. 1-9...

Edited by TurfToe
correction

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I was going over the records of the South Bend School over the last 10 years.  The results surprised me.

Non SBCSC Record over the last 10 seasons (games played against non SBCSC rules)

Adams 21-55

Clay 12-57

Riley 21-51

Washington 31-48

Not surprised by those records

2 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Riley- Old Marian JV coach at the helm now. ...Hopefully they have more wins then the coach's Podcast does listeners.

LOL ouch.

So, I see SB has new corp AD.  I thought that position was eliminated to help save money?

I checked out Clay's workout last night a little after 6 p.m.

Total there could not have been more that 24 total people out on the field.

4 hours ago, Indian72 said:

So, I see SB has new corp AD.  I thought that position was eliminated to help save money?

I checked out Clay's workout last night a little after 6 p.m.

Total there could not have been more that 24 total people out on the field.

The IHSAA told SBCSC they needed a corp. AD.  His name is Howard Edwards.  Former Administrator and Cop (at the same time) in South Bend.

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

The IHSAA told SBCSC they needed a corp. AD.  His name is Howard Edwards.  Former Administrator and Cop (at the same time) in South Bend.

Very interesting to see the state get involved

I saw him on TV this morning and  thought the name sounded familiar in town

Has NP football been effected by the 20+ students who attended a party at the end of July and have not been permitted back into school?  It was on the news last night.

9 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I think it's awesome that Riley and Washington added Gary West to their schedule.

We need to support programs that others won't.

Here's to SBCSC

Games - close by - could be a win for both SBCSC since know little about West Side other then the only high school left in Gary

9 hours ago, Bartrum Trail said:

I think this is a situation that if Bremen Football wanted us to know we would know or more importantly it is none of our business. 

HAha   ya your probably right!   Keep it in closed doors cause if word gets out what happened or was happening maybe more parties would be  involved.