Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Turf 2020 and Beyond

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 2:53 PM, btownqbcoach1 said:

Nope, no 6As without turf anymore! .. and there are 6 5As left. Both Terre Hautes, Castle, FW Northside, Mishawaka, Concord. 

I can share the updated document with you, if you would like! 

FW North Side and FW South SIde (4A) WILL have turf in the next few years!  That has been promised by the FWCS leadership, and I believe it will happen.  They are just going year to year with upgrades to the fields.  FW South SIde is slated to be up next.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jw33 said:

Add Franklin County to the list finally.

14 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

FW North Side and FW South SIde (4A) WILL have turf in the next few years!  That has been promised by the FWCS leadership, and I believe it will happen.  They are just going year to year with upgrades to the fields.  FW South SIde is slated to be up next.  

Thanks guys! I will update accordingly. Wonder if Batesville/Franklin Co getting turf will force Greensburg? Hmm

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Thanks guys! I will update accordingly. Wonder if Batesville/Franklin Co getting turf will force Greensburg? Hmm

As someone who coaches a few outdoor sports in the conference, I hope so! Maybe force Connersville's hand also.  

21 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I was at Greensburg for a meeting a couple of weeks ago, amazing to me with the facilities they have, they have that field. 

We are supposed to have turf next year. Not sure of the exact timeline, but thinking it will be started on after track season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gc75 said:

We are supposed to have turf next year. Not sure of the exact timeline, but thinking it will be started on after track 

Thought I had heard or read that somewhere. Also heard Connersville may be getting turf as well, if that is true that would leave Rushville as the only Eiac school without it

Going through the sectionals and making adjusts to my graph....

I need some help-- 

Where will Purdue Polytech play next year?

SB Clay do they have their own field? SB Riley? Sorry.. the South Bend schools are confusing in regards to where they play. 

Hammond Central will play where? 

FW Snider still play at someone elses field?

Where does Tindley play? 

Franklin County 

Franklin County School Board approves field turf at Wildcat Stadium

ehrmann-468.jpg

Franklin-County-School-logo-300x168.jpgBrookville, IN — Another area high school will soon have a synthetic playing surface.

The Franklin County School Board has approved the purchase and installation of field turf at Wildcat Stadium.

The school board voted 7-0 in favor of the plan.

Franklin County becomes the latest area high school to install the synthetic surface at its football stadium, following East Central, Batesville, Milan, Lawrenceburg, and South Dearborn.

Besides football, other school sports, marching band, and the community will be able to use the field when the turf goes in.

2 hours ago, Y2K Metal Storm said:

Franklin County 

Franklin County School Board approves field turf at Wildcat Stadium

ehrmann-468.jpg

Franklin-County-School-logo-300x168.jpgBrookville, IN — Another area high school will soon have a synthetic playing surface.

The Franklin County School Board has approved the purchase and installation of field turf at Wildcat Stadium.

The school board voted 7-0 in favor of the plan.

Franklin County becomes the latest area high school to install the synthetic surface at its football stadium, following East Central, Batesville, Milan, Lawrenceburg, and South Dearborn.

Besides football, other school sports, marching band, and the community will be able to use the field when the turf goes in.

Yep! I have them marked! 

4 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I need some help-- 

SB Clay do they have their own field? SB Riley? Sorry.. the South Bend schools are confusing in regards to where they play. 

Where does Tindley play? 

Snider shares a stadium with Northrop (at Northrop HS).     Spuller Stadium 

I don't know anything about the other schools.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, btownqbcoach1 said:

I need some help-- 

Where does Tindley play? 

Clay's varsity field is at their middle school, but I can't remember what they call it - Clay Field probably. Riley plays at Jackson Field, also at their middle school, and Adams and Washington play at School Field. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 5:19 AM, Impartial_Observer said:

I haven’t been to Washington in probably 8-10 years, but Washington always had a nice playing surface. I would think given their physical layout this is going to impact their track?

I feel like the guy said it would be located at a different location. Can't remember on that.