Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Turf 2020 and Beyond

2 minutes ago, GoodKn19ht said:

#FACTSSSS yeah it is rough, even a rail would be nice! 

Seems odd though, administration over there is young, hungry, and seem to be all about building something. I don't know much about the local demographics, is that an issue? Assuming older more farm based type people in Aurora vs. what Lawrenceburg has attracted with the boat?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

I just want facts. You want to start a discussion on turf vs. grass... or turf and who should get it and who should pay for it. Yoda yoda, go do it in another thread. 

I want to know... who is getting turf in 2020 and beyond, other than that, I really do not care. 

This one,

image.jpeg.1adef6d2c194895ed4fe6e2fe40c031c.jpeg

or this one,

image.jpeg.561c417437061a54dae350febc78e3d7.jpeg

🙂

33 minutes ago, GoodKn19ht said:

So if the taxpayers don't want to improve anything for students who attend schools, what is their responsibility exactly? 

That taxpayers responsibility?  To find educational opportunities for their children that best matches their values, morals, and beliefs.  And that could be the geographically based government school,  a charter school, a private school,  home school, etc.

35 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

This one,

image.jpeg.1adef6d2c194895ed4fe6e2fe40c031c.jpeg

or this one,

image.jpeg.561c417437061a54dae350febc78e3d7.jpeg

🙂

The first isn't Yoda, just an immature member of the same race as Yoda.

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

That taxpayers responsibility?  To find educational opportunities for their children that best matches their values, morals, and beliefs.  And that could be the geographically based government school,  a charter school, a private school,  home school, etc.

The first isn't Yoda, just an immature member of the same race as Yoda.

I honestly have no clue.  Thank you for the information.  I am not a SW fan.

5 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

It is even more beneficial for smaller schools (in smaller areas) than it would be for a school in Indy to have turf. What I mean by that... My gf is an AT at Noblesville (obviously a huge school) but this applies for a school like Sheridan, as well. When their softball field is too wet, they can go and still have a turf practice just indoors at Finch Creek or Grand Park. Where we are at we don't really have that kind of an opportunity, thus making the turf football field that much more valuable. 

I bet if you and Salem both went in on turf there would be some sort of a discount. 

I know BNL is looking into doing the football field, softball, and baseball. 

My son's 14U baseball team recently held practice outside right after that bout of snow/rain that we had.  Baseball field was still soft, so they used the turf football field at Harrison.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 2:12 PM, btownqbcoach said:

I did!

Thank you for checking up!

Carroll (FW) has announced officially that they are upgrading their facilities.  

$23 M.  Adding turf, and relocating the FB field.

On my phone, so can't paste.

WPTA.COM. then scroll to the story 

Edited by Yuccaguy
More info

47 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

With our current health situation and past history of infections supposedly cause by turf,  what do schools need to do to get their turf in shape for next season (I would assume there is someone here who is an expert on turf management).

We haven't had any infections. Bacteria is different than a virus. 

• 2 months later...

We have added FW Concordia, FW Carroll, Madison, Charlestown, Jeffersonville, TW, Chatard, Norwell, Columbia City to turf Yorktown and Attucks to grass this offseason. 

9 schools getting turf. Roughly 2-3% more schools will have turf this season compared to last season. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, btownqbcoach said:

We have added FW Concordia, FW Carroll, Madison, Charlestown, Jeffersonville, TW, Chatard, Norwell, Columbia City to turf Yorktown and Attucks to grass this offseason. 

9 schools getting turf. Roughly 2-3% more schools will have turf this season compared to last season. 

All of these changes along with SD, Lapel, and Lebanon all getting turf, as well. 

I will post the updated numbers soon. The state is sitting at 41.6% of schools with turf. 

• 3 weeks later...

Frankton-Lapel Schools getting Turf.

Lapel will be playing on the Turf in 2020.  they  are about done.

Frankton will be moving there field back to the HS and building a new complex.  Turf, Locker rooms, concessions, RR and Ticket booth all in one building. Schedule to play on it in 2021.  Moving dirt now.

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 12:32 PM, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Frankton-Lapel Schools getting Turf.

Lapel will be playing on the Turf in 2020.  they  are about done.

Frankton will be moving there field back to the HS and building a new complex.  Turf, Locker rooms, concessions, RR and Ticket booth all in one building. Schedule to play on it in 2021.  Moving dirt now.

Yep. My gf lives in Lapel.. looks nice. I will add Frankton for 2021. Thanks man. 

On 7/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, Reddevil07 said:

Pike just updated their turf. Will be one of the only fields with cork infill and new shockpad technology. Looks great! 

New Pike Turf 2.jpg

New Pike Turf 3.jpg

New Pike Turf.jpg

Looks great. Sprint Turf is a great company. They are the only company where 100% of materials are made in USA and have the latest tech relative to infill, drainage, etc..

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

And expensive.

Over a 10-year period on more expensive than maintaining a grass field from everything I've heard. And the fact smaller schools can now justify continues to prove that point. The up front cost is much more so you have to be able to do that, but the long term savings offsets it. The replacement cost when the first turf wears out (seems to be 9-10 years) is less while the ongoing cost of maintaining a grass field doesn't change so the ROI is probably even better for future iterations.

• Thanks 1