Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Turf 2020 and Beyond

17 hours ago, Muda69 said:

For those children over 16 and the long struggling teachers who have been complaining incessantly that they should be a the current front of the vaccine line.

There is no vaccine available that has been approved for children under 18.

Topic on turf football fields (legit topic) --> Student-athlete safety debate (legit topic) --> School funding debate (beginning to veer off-course) --> Covid/Vaccination debate (Why????) --> Political debate (Why again???)...

When did this forum become Twitter?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Topic on turf football fields (legit topic) --> Student-athlete safety debate (legit topic) --> School funding debate (beginning to veer off-course) --> Covid/Vaccination debate (Why????) --> Political debate (Why again???)...

When did this forum become Twitter?

I legitimately just wanted to keep a rolling total of who has and doesn't have turf. We are approaching 50% of the whole state that has turf. I didn't really see any need to have a debate on improving the lives of our youth.  

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 7:29 AM, Muda69 said:

A lot of kids could be covid-19 vaccinated for what it cost to build these extravagant high school turf fields.  It's just a game played by children.

@Muda69, I just want to make sure I understand your point clearly. Since the thread is about turf fields, does your objection that that these “extravagant” facilities represent a mis-allocation of resources extend to modern facilities that have natural grass, as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/coronavirus-when-can-teenagers-younger-children-be-vaccinated/MCUEJWIIDVBDXB5I2SMRS7XFC4/

Vaccine makers Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech along with others are testing their products on teens between 12 and 16. Currently, the Pfizer vaccine is accepted for use for ages 16 and older. Johnson & Johnson’s one-shot vaccine can currently be given to those 18 and older, as can Moderna’s vaccine.

• Kill me now 1

26 minutes ago, Bobref said:

@Muda69, I just want to make sure I understand your point clearly. Since the thread is about turf fields, does your objection that that these “extravagant” facilities represent a mis-allocation of resources extend to modern facilities that have natural grass, as well?

It could, yes.

The best high school field in the nation is Fleur De Lis field in Greenfield, Illinois:

FleurDeLisField.jpg

Not a shred of fake grass to be seen.  Simply perfect.

FleurDeLisField.2jpg.jpg

Edited by Muda69

Just now, btownqbcoach1 said:

Which.... is an opinion. Looks pretty crappy to me. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, is it not?  No fru fru amenities, just a quality grass field where a game played by children can be held.  Bring a folding chair and watch the game.

Just now, Muda69 said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, is it not?  No fru fru amenities, just a quality grass field where a game played by children can be held.  Bring a folding chair and watch the game.

Sure. That's awesome that you enjoy that. Looks like a bad elementary field to me. Can you just agree to disagree and move on? 

Just now, btownqbcoach1 said:

Sure. That's awesome that you enjoy that. Looks like a bad elementary field to me. Can you just agree to disagree and move on? 

Sure.  You elitist attitude towards a fellow high school football field is noted.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Sure.  You elitist attitude towards a fellow high school football field is noted.

Are you keeping that in a rolodex to use later or something? lol what in the world. Who cares about my attitude towards that field? That's awesome you enjoy that, sincerely, I mean that. I hope the people of that town enjoy it too. I don't. Plenty of other people don't. It's going to be ok. 

21 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Healthcare workers under the age of 18 are being denied the vaccine. 

12 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Sure. That's awesome that you enjoy that. Looks like a bad elementary field to me.

Understandable. He's also a fan of a gym that has poor visibility from every seat on the upper level.

Just now, gonzoron said:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Healthcare workers under the age of 18 are being denied the vaccine. 

Understandable. He's also a fan of a gym that has poor visibility from every seat on the upper level.

What gym is that? just curious. 

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Why yes gonzo, it's all lies!:

https://www.courierpress.com/story/news/local/2021/03/05/indiana-covid-19-vaccine-children-moderna-johnson-and-johnson-pfizer/4581679001/

Pfizer’s vaccine has been cleared for kids 16 and older, but the Federal Drug Administration hasn’t greenlit inoculations for anyone younger. That could change – and soon.

https://www.propublica.org/article/fauci-vaccines-kids

Pfizer has finished enrolling participants in its study of 12- to 15-year-olds and anticipates having data in “the early part of 2021,” according to a spokeswoman. “From there, we will plan to finalize our study in 5-11 year olds,” she added. As Pfizer completes its trials in adolescents, then 5- to 11-year-olds, it’ll need to submit the data to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for review and get authorization for the vaccine’s use in those age groups before it’s available; currently in the U.S., the vaccine is indicated only for those ages 16 and up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/12/health/covid-vaccine-teens-cdc.html

C.D.C. Panel Recommends Pfizer Vaccine for Patients as Young as 16

https://www.newson6.com/story/604aa4eb1333050bea71b1ab/osdh-says-16-17yearolds-eligible-for-pfizer-covid19-vaccine-

State health leaders said 16- and 17-year-olds can now get vaccinated for COVID-19, with a few guidelines.

They are only eligible under phase 3 of Oklahoma’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout. The state health department said they can only get the Pfizer vaccine and their parent has to either go with them or show documentation of consent.

The Pfizer vaccine has been tested for those ages in their trials and approved.

https://abc11.com/covid-vaccine-nc-eligibility-can-teenagers-get-age/10400530/

According to NCDHHS, essential workers, as young as 16, can be vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, but they must work in-person in one of the eight essential sectors that align with federal guidance.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/downloads/standing-orders.pdf

6 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

What gym is that? just curious. 

He's talking about Frankfort's Case Arena.  It appears that he has sat in every seat in the upper level, either that or he needs better glasses.  The seats I usually sit in the upper level have excellent visibility to the playing floor.

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Just looked up Case Arena.. beautiful venue. Incredible place for the young people of Frankfort to work/sweat/sacrifice in to help become successful in life. 

Just now, Muda69 said:

goal-posts-moving.jpg?w=300&h=200

lol, classic attempt at moving the goalposts by gonzo.  

Perhaps you need to complain to Mr. Holcomb about that.

It's not moving the goalposts at all. This is a thread on an Indiana High School Football Forum about Turf fields on Indiana High School football fields. You think Indiana students over 16 should be vaccinated instead of schools putting in Turf football fields. I believe YOU are the one dodging, deflecting and diving by bringing other states into the discussion. Is that a picture of you heading back to your playground?

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

It's not moving the goalposts at all. This is a thread on an Indiana High School Football Forum about Turf fields on Indiana High School football fields. You think Indiana students over 16 should be vaccinated instead of schools putting in Turf football fields. I believe YOU are the one dodging, deflecting and diving by bringing other states into the discussion. Is that a picture of you heading back to your playground?

stretch-armstrong-figure.jpg

Nice stretch, gonzo. 

YOUR original statement was:

Are you denying you typed this, gonzo?   I don't see the words "Indiana" in it.  And I unequivocally proved it a false statement, no matter how much your want to dive, dodge, and deflect around it.

The vaccine being approved for a certain age group and a state government prioritizing on when that age group should be given the vaccine are two different things.  You obviously don't understand that.

And no, that's a picture of you and your multiple spawn getting ready to play your favorite game.

Edited by Muda69