Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Turf 2020 and Beyond

11 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Just looked up Case Arena.. beautiful venue. Incredible place for the young people of Frankfort to work/sweat/sacrifice in to help become successful in life. 

That's true. And it's true for every high school gym in Indiana.

I'm aware of the benefits of turf and it's probably here to stay more-or-less.  However, I absolutely loved playing on grass in the rain/snow and resulting mud!  Loved to practice in it, too.  Don't get me wrong, playing in nice conditions had it's benefits as well, but the grass in bad weather was a nice change of pace here and there.  The managers probably felt different.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Bump 

EVSC (our local public school corp.) announced this week that the turf at Reitz Bowl and Central Stadium will be replaced this summer.  Sprinturf was originally installed in 2009.  Enlow Field is also 12 years old but is not being replaced this summer.  

• Like 1

I drove by Michigan City's stadium the other day and it looked like they are getting an update on their turf as the old turf was rolled up in the parking lot. I'm sure someone will set me straight if I'm wrong. lol

On 4/30/2021 at 11:45 AM, Jbk2 said:

Is there a list of schools that have/will have turf and schools with grass?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W2hHUwEK6mtKuIJ_ikB3hEMyePnZV9KwgUCXUByf-E4/edit#gid=893241732

Sectionals aren't updated. But I'm pretty sure I've updated everyone that's getting turf this coming year. 

On 4/28/2021 at 10:42 AM, tango said:

EVSC (our local public school corp.) announced this week that the turf at Reitz Bowl and Central Stadium will be replaced this summer.  Sprinturf was originally installed in 2009.  Enlow Field is also 12 years old but is not being replaced this summer.  

Was a little worn the last time we played at Enlow. I loved the stadium though. I would have loved it more if Lindauer would have gotten the flu. Shew.. he could play. And both Combs, obviously. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 5:54 PM, oldunclemark said:

Here's the problem with that south-man.

If you start a freshman QB, he wasnt even on the team last year, right? But you had a backup QB on the varsity and junior varsity QB and a freshman team QB.  

You have to tell them all, they arent good enough. And if its the JV or the backup, then you have to tell them that even though they may have waited their entire life to play QB for the hometown team,  that they got beat out by a kid who isnt even in high school yet.

You have to tell the entire senior class that their final shot at their football goals will be led by a kid who cant even drive. And if they dont like that, they can learn a new position or they can go run cross country. 

See what I mean?

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Thanks man!!!

Any pics to post of it? Would love to see it 

I don't have any pictures, but we were on it on Friday, very soft. Well done by whomever put it in. Its also two different shades of green every five yards which makes for a unique appearance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moshiner1345 said:

I don't have any pictures, but we were on it on Friday, very soft. Well done by whomever put it in. Its also two different shades of green every five yards which makes for a unique appearance.

Here's a video on Twitter I just found.

https://twitter.com/WIBCKurtDarling/status/1444075504164737026?s=19