Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Lewis Cass Coach resigns

This could be a really good job for the right person. Community loves football. Return the Johnson kid (move in from Winimac not sure first name) and Meister plus the Moss kid on the line. Other than that I can't think of anyone else I saw play this year that is going to help the Kings win. Cass needs to look for a HC with some experience who has been through some lean times and knows how to handle them, because they are on the horizon. Also need someone who is going to teach at Cass and be invested in the community on a daily basis. Just my 2 centavos. 

30 minutes ago, LCKfan4life said:

This could be a really good job for the right person. Community loves football. Return the Johnson kid (move in from Winimac not sure first name) and Meister plus the Moss kid on the line. Other than that I can't think of anyone else I saw play this year that is going to help the Kings win. Cass needs to look for a HC with some experience who has been through some lean times and knows how to handle them, because they are on the horizon. Also need someone who is going to teach at Cass and be invested in the community on a daily basis. Just my 2 centavos. 

A Cass Guy so to speak

10 hours ago, LCKfan4life said:

Winamac. 

Tyson Johnson. I dont call Tyson a move in... He just switched schools. 

His two younger sisters and brother all 3 still attend here and they live in town. 

Coach Phillips has been retired from teaching for a long while.  He has done an exceptional job at Cass and I expect he is already headed to Florida.  Good for him.  With him leaving however it does not open up any positions in the school so I am not sure how quick this position will be filled. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

Coach Phillips has been retired from teaching for a long while.  He has done an exceptional job at Cass and I expect he is already headed to Florida.  Good for him.  With him leaving however it does not open up any positions in the school so I am not sure how quick this position will be filled. 

just saw it posted on the ihsaa website.

21 hours ago, LCKfan4life said:

Tyler Johnson was starting center and played some line backer when going to 3 man front.  He will be a good one.  The Lytle kid was good enough to play corner but had others in front of him.  He will be back as well.   What you won't have is 5 all state guys at skilled positions.

3 hours ago, dcjjones said:

3 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

just saw it posted on the ihsaa website.

From what I saw on the ihsaa website they don't seem to be in a super big hurry to fill the position. Posting is until February from what I saw.

Lewis Cass owes Coach Phillips a big thank you!  Cass may be waiting to February because of no teaching opening created by the resignation.  This will be an interesting hire.  All the old Cass football faithful will be watching closely.  Hopefully there will be some quality candidates.

On 12/13/2019 at 10:36 AM, dcjjones said:

Tyler Johnson was starting center and played some line backer when going to 3 man front.  He will be a good one.  The Lytle kid was good enough to play corner but had others in front of him.  He will be back as well.   What you won't have is 5 all state guys at skilled positions.

Did Cass have 5 All-State guys this season?

1 hour ago, Scat said:

Lewis Cass owes Coach Phillips a big thank you!  Cass may be waiting to February because of no teaching opening created by the resignation.  This will be an interesting hire.  All the old Cass football faithful will be watching closely.  Hopefully there will be some quality candidates.

You are correct sir on all levels of this statement. He was able to fill a massive void left by the departure of Mannering and he had success. Hopefully the next coach can keep the Cass tradition alive and well.