Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Kevin Wright Resigns from IMG

53 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

I had a recruiter from a DIII school in Indiana tell me, pretty adamantly, that Noblesville is a better job than Fishers.  I was quick to dispute him, but he was not about to back down.  He is familiar with both scenarios, and talked about the fact that, at Fishers, you are competing for players with HSE and Carmel.  While at Noblesville you may not have history on your side, but your kids are your kids (for the most part like any one horse town).  His biggest point was that there are some 8-900 youth in the feeder system.  If that is the case, that is incredible.  Someone set me straight!

I think Noblesville has the potential to be a better job than Fishers because of the reasons you stated. Plus community support is pretty solid even for a program that has been downtrodden for so long. Facilities are on Noblesville's side too with a beautiful weight room and plenty of practice space. Their stadium lacks in comparison though to most, if not all, 5A/6A programs. 3000+ students, a good feeder program, great community involvement, and high socioeconomic value should have Noblesville's program better than what they have been lately. 

However, with Fishers and HSE, you literally have to convince your middle school players to go to your high school. 

• Like 2

I won't pretend to know Kevin personally but I just have a hard time seeing him make the jump back to high school coaching in Indiana.  I could be wrong as family trumps everything but professionally, he has reached the mountain top of high school coaching (if you want to refer to it as that, which is a whole separate thread) by leading IMG.  I could definitely see him at the collegiate level next.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

I won't pretend to know Kevin personally but I just have a hard time seeing him make the jump back to high school coaching in Indiana.  I could be wrong as family trumps everything but professionally, he has reached the mountain top of high school coaching (if you want to refer to it as that, which is a whole separate thread) by leading IMG.  I could definitely see him at the collegiate level next.

Franklin College?

1 hour ago, Coach P said:

image.jpeg.16d448d55ffec7d4e736e31d1bb4938e.jpeg

The Big Kahuna! Larry "Bud" Wright

Noblesville Job is almost filled.   Kevin would be a good fit at Fishers.  If he was there, the competition for athletes would hurt HSE, not Fishers. 

Whats the update on Noblesville?  Thanks for the tease!   

15 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Franklin College?

Good call

I could see that.  Or something like UIndy.  

On the flip side, Wright has been working with 4 and 5 star athletes for the past 5 years.

Franklin and UIndy are 1 star and 2 star.

Is there a 1 star ranking?

21 minutes ago, DT said:

I could see that.  Or something like UIndy.  

On the flip side, Wright has been working with 4 and 5 star athletes for the past 5 years.

Franklin and UIndy are 1 star and 2 star.

Is there a 1 star ranking?

Is there a better coaching challenge out there? Taking no star athletes, coaching them up, and winning championships?? 

Other than the challenge, I have no idea why else he would want to coach at Franklin or UIndy because he is DEFINITELY overly qualified for both of those jobs.

• Like 1

Just now, MICFan34 said:

IU's offensive coordinator just became the HC at Fresno State. Is the IU offensive coordinator position a potential landing spot? 👀

Interesting is that Coach Kevin Wright was actually Defensive Cordinator while at Western Kentucky:    Not saying he cannot be an offensive or defensive only coach.   

https://www.imgacademy.com/boarding-school/athletics/football

FOOTBALL PROGRAM TUITION

For academic year 2018-2019, tuition ranges from $59,900 to $79,900 per year depending on age, boarding and grade of student-athlete. Go to our tuition page for the full sport-by-sport cost breakdown.

52 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

update on Noblesville will be announced when Noblesville announces it. and not before

(or any other credentialed media service, which to my knowledge is no one on here) 

Sounds like a major coup for the Millers.  They appear to be serious about making a run in The HCC

I like the choice.

Edited by DT

58 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

update on Noblesville will be announced when Noblesville announces it. and not before

(or any other credentialed media service, which to my knowledge is no one on here) 

Thank gosh i follow whme 46 on Facebook. 

Noblesville with a good hire!

Sad they had to send this out at 4:06 a.m. this morning instead of letting the Sharpe family and Noblesville do its thing.    Oh well.  They win the NOTHING BURGER for being 1st to "report" 

20840860_1311385238960653_61944359588043

When the Noblesville school board meets tonight, I fully expect them to hire former John Glenn and LaPorte coach David Sharpe as the Millers’ new head football coach.

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Too bad for Portage.  

Coach Sharpe has relocated to central Indiana, that was not going to change: 

Coach Sharpe and his wife are very much involved with Riley Hospital in memory of their son, Jacob, the move to Central Indianapolis area 2 years ago was motivated by this.  

Great way to donate to a tremendous cause, tis the season

https://jacobsharpefoundation.org/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

IU's offensive coordinator just became the HC at Fresno State. Is the IU offensive coordinator position a potential landing spot? 👀

Wright and Allen have crossed paths. Allen was DC at Ben Davis while Wright was the head coach at WC. It would be an interesting move for IU. Wright does have a connection now to a number of top recruits at IMG, as well as players he had recruited who ended up not going to IMG. Allen has recruited well in Florida, this could elevate that. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Any film on the offense he plans to run?  I love that Noblesville is trying to be different with their offense

This is Coach Sharpe's offense at Laporte in 2017 against Valpo.   This could be interesting in The HCC if he can find some linemen.  This Laporte team had a big, tough offensive line.  

Edited by DT

Note the perfect alignment of the Laporte offensive line.  Flat backs.  Even splits.  Very precise.  Reminds me of Moore's Wing T at CG.  Everything working in unison.  Every player always doing their job.  Very few missed assignments.  

Edited by DT

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Note the perfect alignment of the Laporte offensive line.  Flat backs.  Even splits.  Very precise.  Reminds me of Moore's Wing T at CG.  Everything working in unison.  Every player always doing their job.  Very few missed assignments.  

Coach James is a good one at the OL group, that is for sure.

47 minutes ago, DT said:

45 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Coach James is a good one at the OL group, that is for sure.

As stated,  Coach Bob James is a LaPorte institution and absolutely one of the state's top OL coaches.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DT said:

Looks to me like 1 OL and 6 guys lining up in ‘no man’s land.’ 

To each his own, I guess. Glad I don’t have to scheme to stop it.