Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen - 12 Possible Destinations for Kevin Wright

Guest DT

Given the shocking news coming out of beautiful Bradenton , Florida, lets wasts no time in considering potential landing spots for former IMG Head Honcho Kevin Wright :

1. Recruiting Coordinator -/Roncalli High School - Wright has been honing his craft and sharpening his recruiting skills at IMG for the past 5 years.  Given all the recent hoopla at Roncalli, a new top notch recruiter might be needed to bring in some fresh talent and reinvigorate the Rebel Dynasty.

2. Head Coach - New Palestine HS - The IMG people have likely already reached out to Kyle Ralph, so the Dragon job will be open soon.  Wright can slide right in and keep this machine purring.

3. Director of Quality Control /Indianapolis Colts - this is a do nothing job that is given to washed up coaches at the end of their careers.  

4. Truancy Officer / Warren Central HS - This is really a recruiting position, looking for new untapped football talent roaming the halls at WC.  There are probably a few D1 prospects that have not yet been discovered on the east side.  Wright is just the man to tap that talent.

5. Offensive Coordinator / Jenks High School , Tulsa OK - The Union people will be besides themselves when they see Coach Wright once again roaming the sidelines in the Sooner State.  Wright left an awful mess at Union, and arch rival  Jenks will be happy to rub it right back in their face.  

Given the shocking news coming out of beautiful Bradenton , Florida, lets wasts no time in considering potential landing spots for former IMG Head Honcho Kevin Wright :

1. Recruiting Coordinator -/Roncalli High School - Wright has been honing his craft and sharpening his recruiting skills at IMG for the past 5 years.  Given all the recent hoopla at Roncalli, a new top notch recruiter might be needed to bring in some fresh talent and reinvigorate the Rebel Dynasty.

2. Head Coach - New Palestine HS - The IMG people have likely already reached out to Kyle Ralph, so the Dragon job will be open soon.  Wright can slide right in and keep this machine purring.

3. Director of Quality Control /Indianapolis Colts - this is a do nothing job that is given to washed up coaches at the end of their careers.  

4. Truancy Officer / Warren Central HS - This is really a recruiting position, looking for new untapped football talent roaming the halls at WC.  There are probably a few D1 prospects that have not yet been discovered on the east side.  Wright is just the man to tap that talent.

5. Offensive Coordinator / Jenks High School , Tulsa OK - The Union people will be besides themselves when they see Coach Wright once again roaming the sidelines in the Sooner State.  Wright left an awful mess at Union, and arch rival  Jenks will be happy to rub it right back in their face.  

6. Assistant Head Coach - Sheridan High School - Coach in Waiting as the legend prepares to retire.

7. IHSAA Football Commissioner - Wright would be in great position to implement IMG type practice and recruiting philosophies in an effort to continue to elevate Indiana HS football.

8. Head Coach Fishers High School - Wright will take direct aim at Carmel in an attempt to show the Hounds that there is a new sheriff in town in Hamilton County.  And its NOT Reggie Hammond!

9. Bantam League Coordinator / Center Grove Bantam League - Wright has always admired the CG Wing T offense.  This will be a great way to become totally indoctrinated and immersed in the Trojan Way of doing things.

10. Rivals Recruiting Analyst - Great new gig for a guy who has been overrun by 4 and 5 star talent for the past half decade.  Wright can travel the country and opine on the skills and potential of up and coming young football players from across the land.

11. NFL Agent - move over Jimmy Sexton, here comes KW to negotiate some mega deals for Indiana's top level NFL talent.

12. Defensive Backs Coach - Purdue University / Wright has his sights set on the Purdue HC job, immediately after Jeff Brohm leaves to become HC of the Cincinnati Bengals.  

9 minutes ago, DT said:

That's only 5.  I'm disappointed in the content.

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

Kyle Ralph is going nowhere. He would take a big dump on Florida before he ever moved down there. 

Now that I realize that DT fancies himself as the Howard Stern of the GID, and nothing is based on real world data and is for shock value, I kinda enjoy it.  Roncalli Recruiter made me laugh out loud.  Only thing that would have been funnier would be  Roncalli Director of Public Relations and Marketing.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Now that I realize that DT fancies himself as the Howard Stern of the GID, and nothing is based on real world data and is for shock value, I kinda enjoy it.  Roncalli Recruiter made me laugh out loud.  Only thing that would have been funnier would be  Roncalli Director of Public Relations and Marketing.

Can’t wait for all of the snowflakes on here to act offended, critique DT and call him names.

And then this thread will hit 7 pages by 2020.

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

I hope DT has you on his payroll.......

7BE9C8DC-8D55-4267-98DC-B816C7D5B53B.jpeg

Have a strong feeling they are one in the same.

Back in the late 2000s when DT was pushing to take over the GID and making it a membership forum, he used to post under the name DrivenTemptation. 

I don't think it's a coincidence that this new one rides the coattails. 

13 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Version of Howard Stern that is currently been on the radio last 5/6 years is FAR from the version you are referring to in that post.   Very mellowed out and really gotten very good with sprinkled in shenanigans along the way.  

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

👏 👏 👏👏👏👏👏👏 

DT, this very well may be the most entertaining post of yours on here. Well done. 

I giggled too 

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

hhhhmmmmmm.......interesting theory............

I remember very vividly a few months ago a frantic @Temptation emailing me and  then reporting his own post because he screen shot something from his laptop and posted it.   There was info on there that would 100% make your inquiry that 2 accounts 1 person patently false 

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Version of Howard Stern that is currently been on the radio last 5/6 years is FAR from the version you are referring to in that post.   Very mellowed out and really gotten very good with sprinkled in shenanigans along the way.  

I giggled too 

I remember very vividly a few months ago a frantic @Temptation emailing me and  then reporting his own post because he screen shot something from his laptop and posted it.   There was info on there that would 100% make your inquiry that 2 accounts 1 person patently false 

^^^This.

Was quite funny at the time.  I remember briefly seeing it and texting/calling Coach Nowlin about it, thinking someone may want to take it down.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

IU or Purdue need to get this guy on staff somehow. Has not only deep recruiting ties to the state of Indiana, but ties to one of the best high school football programs in the country. 

Just so happens Purdue has a Assistant Coach opening for LINEBACKERS right now.  

I believe since their has been no announcement yet, that Coach Poindexter will get promoted to full time DC after sharing duties last few years.   

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I believe since their has been no announcement yet, that Coach Poindexter will get promoted to full time DC after sharing duties last few years.   

Wasn't he the DB's coach last year? Seems like a pretty underwhelming for a DC considering the secondary has been a major concern. 

14 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Wasn't he the DB's coach last year? Seems like a pretty underwhelming for a DC considering the secondary has been a major concern. 

Purdue brought in Greg Brown, long time DB coach, who was at Auburn in 2018, though when you look at resume, doesn't spend a lot of time at one place

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1981 UTEP (GA)
1982 Green Mountain HS (CO) (DC)
1983–1984 Denver Gold (DB)
1984–1986 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (assistant)
1987–1988 Wyoming (DB)
1989–1990 Purdue (DB)
1991–1993 Colorado (DB)
1994 Atlanta Falcons (DB)
1995–1996 San Diego Chargers (DB)
1997–1998 Tennessee Oilers (DB)
1999 San Francisco 49ers (DB)
2000–2001 Atlanta Falcons (DB)
2002–2005 New Orleans Saints (assistant)
2005–2010 Colorado (DB)
2010 Arizona (co-DC)
2011–2012 Colorado (DC)
2013 Alabama (DB)
2014–2015 Louisville (DB)
2016 Missouri (CB)
2017–2018 Auburn (DB)
2019–present Purdue (CB)

He coaches CORNERS, while Coach Pointdexter coaches Safeties 

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Purdue brought in Greg Brown, long time DB coach, who was at Auburn in 2018, though when you look at resume, doesn't spend a lot of time at one place

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1981 UTEP (GA)
1982 Green Mountain HS (CO) (DC)
1983–1984 Denver Gold (DB)
1984–1986 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (assistant)
1987–1988 Wyoming (DB)
1989–1990 Purdue (DB)
1991–1993 Colorado (DB)
1994 Atlanta Falcons (DB)
1995–1996 San Diego Chargers (DB)
1997–1998 Tennessee Oilers (DB)
1999 San Francisco 49ers (DB)
2000–2001 Atlanta Falcons (DB)
2002–2005 New Orleans Saints (assistant)
2005–2010 Colorado (DB)
2010 Arizona (co-DC)
2011–2012 Colorado (DC)
2013 Alabama (DB)
2014–2015 Louisville (DB)
2016 Missouri (CB)
2017–2018 Auburn (DB)
2019–present Purdue (CB)

He coaches CORNERS, while Coach Pointdexter coaches Safeties 

Gotcha.

Figured Brohm would have brought somebody in a little more seasoned and decorated. Schematically Purdue's approach last year was terrible and unless Holt got his way, is there much difference from having a co-coordinator step in?

Saw Purdue has had 2 DB's de-commit in the last couple weeks and maybe a third one on the horizon?

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Gotcha.

Figured Brohm would have brought somebody in a little more seasoned and decorated. Schematically Purdue's approach last year was terrible and unless Holt got his way, is there much difference from having a co-coordinator step in?

Saw Purdue has had 2 DB's de-commit in the last couple weeks and maybe a third one on the horizon?

yea the Stinson kid sounds like is flipping to Duke it sounds like

however, word is they flipped a DB from Michigan who holds B10 offer

Wednesday could be exciting