Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Congratulations to Newtown HS

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

5 titles since 99. 

I did a major report on columbine. Watched a lot of vidoes. The 99 team was huge healing thing for the school. One of the kids that died was on the football team. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I seen this. Such a good story. 

the whole idea of taking a day of such tragedy and bringing an awesome memory to it is heart warming. 

if I’m not mistaken, the children who were at sandy hook on that terrible day are now somewhere between 7th and 11th grade 

Sandy Hook was 7 years ago so I'm sure alot of the kids on this title team were at Sandy Hook when the shooting occurred 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Sandy Hook was 7 years ago so I'm sure alot of the kids on this title team were at Sandy Hook when the shooting occurred 

From what I gathered the school is K-4th grade...so figuring in 7 years I figure they are 7th-11th based on the K-4 aspect. 

could be off though

with that said there are other schools in the area so good chance many of the kids could be from other schools.  Who knows how many left the area too and the children who lost their lives that day surely could have been a big part of this team today. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

From what I gathered the school is K-4th grade...so figuring in 7 years I figure they are 7th-11th based on the K-4 aspect. 

could be off though

with that said there are other schools in the area so good chance many of the kids could be from other schools.  Who knows how many left the area too and the children who lost their lives that day surely could have been a big part of this team today. 

I believe all the kids that died would be in 8th grade today...but i believe you are correct on some of those players were probably at that school... Some prob have siblings in that grade. 

The Newtown Public Schools district operates four elementary schools (Hawley Elementary School, Head O'Meadow Elementary School, Middle Gate Elementary School, and Sandy Hook Elementary School) that serve grades K-4, Reed Intermediate School serving grades 5–6, Newtown Middle School serving grades 7–8, and Newtown High School serving grades 9–12.[23]

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Like 1