Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Harrison and Bosse

Any news about potential hires? I read on here that both seem like tough jobs. I’m not sure I agree.  Every program Has good and bad things to deal with. Harrison has been a great program in the past.  They have the right mix of students and the right guy could turn that team around rather quickly. I saw Bosse play three times this year.  They should of won two of those games. They lost all three.  They looked to have the talent just not the discipline. Offense was always behind the chains due to penalties and the defense jumped off sides more than I could count.  Both require a strong personality who holds players accountable.  Also someone who can dedicate tons of time without always having the right support, but I could see both trending way up with the right guy. Just look what’s going on at North. I don’t believe that there are bad jobs, just bad fits . 

I haven’t heard anything.  But, honestly, I’d say Bosse might be a better job right now.  You’re right that Harrison has more history.  But they only had like 28 kids come out this year.  Maybe that had something to do with the coach, but who knows.  It would be hard to win with that.  Good luck to whoever they hire.

Need someone that knows the riggers of battling in the SIAC. There is talent at both schools. Harrison needs someone who can change the culture. Bosse needs numbers. Both need sucessful feeder programs. Coaches need about five years to get results but one of the problens with these two programs a coach will not stay that long and then a new coach comes in and has to start from scratch. Need a coach that has been involved in the reserection if a prigram as an assistant. A couple area programs come to mind but dont think any of their assistants want any oart if either job. I think given time Bosse could become relivant in the 3a sectional now with Memorial gone. Dont think they will ever contend for the SIAC but is all about playing football in November

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 4:22 PM, Evansville50 said:

Any news about potential hires? I read on here that both seem like tough jobs. I’m not sure I agree.  Every program Has good and bad things to deal with. Harrison has been a great program in the past.  They have the right mix of students and the right guy could turn that team around rather quickly. I saw Bosse play three times this year.  They should of won two of those games. They lost all three.  They looked to have the talent just not the discipline. Offense was always behind the chains due to penalties and the defense jumped off sides more than I could count.  Both require a strong personality who holds players accountable.  Also someone who can dedicate tons of time without always having the right support, but I could see both trending way up with the right guy. Just look what’s going on at North. I don’t believe that there are bad jobs, just bad fits . 

Current North coach is 6-14 in 2 years. Jury is still out.

16 hours ago, bruno_LA said:

Current North coach is 6-14 in 2 years. Jury is still out.

The North coach took over that team when they had not won more than 3 games going back to the 2012 season. In his first year they were 1-9. The 2nd year they were 5-5. The last time North had a better record than 5-5 was 2007. The 5 they lost were against Evansville Memorial who won the 4A state championship, Evansville Central who beat Evansville Memorial in the regular season, Evansville Mater Dei who won the 2A sectional, Bloomington South who won a 5A regional, and Henderson County KY who was 8-4. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sr1 said:

The North coach took over that team when they had not won more than 3 games going back to the 2012 season. In his first year they were 1-9. The 2nd year they were 5-5. The last time North had a better record than 5-5 was 2007. 

I want to start off by making it clear that I think Coach Paridaen has the program headed in the right direction. I'm not to try to take away from what he and his staff has done. He obviously did an outstanding job at Eastern Greene as well. However, you have to understand there was a transition period when North moved to the far north side. First, they lost a lot of their athletes. Students didn't want to have to ride the bus for an hour every day. Instead they could simply go to Central. Isn't it a strange coincidence that around the time North moved, North went from competitive to uncompetitive. Meanwhile, Central went from mediocre to one of the better programs in 4A. Second, they had to start a youth program (or restart I'm not sure how it was set-up before). I remember reading or watching something this past season that said this was the first group of seniors that had played with one another, from the beginning of youth football until their senior year. I think Coach Wilson (once the school moved) and Coach Szabo were in situations where they were not going to be able to have success quick enough. 

1 hour ago, vicvinegar said:

I want to start off by making it clear that I think Coach Paridaen has the program headed in the right direction. I'm not to try to take away from what he and his staff has done. He obviously did an outstanding job at Eastern Greene as well. However, you have to understand there was a transition period when North moved to the far north side. First, they lost a lot of their athletes. Students didn't want to have to ride the bus for an hour every day. Instead they could simply go to Central. Isn't it a strange coincidence that around the time North moved, North went from competitive to uncompetitive. Meanwhile, Central went from mediocre to one of the better programs in 4A. Second, they had to start a youth program (or restart I'm not sure how it was set-up before). I remember reading or watching something this past season that said this was the first group of seniors that had played with one another, from the beginning of youth football until their senior year. I think Coach Wilson (once the school moved) and Coach Szabo were in situations where they were not going to be able to have success quick enough. 

I can tell you over the past few years, the North youth league has severely cannibalized the Central youth league to the point it has about half the participation it did say 6-8 years ago.   Athletes or not...from a ground up perspective North is the program on the rise and Central is the one on the decline.  This will become more evident over the next 4 years.

4 hours ago, Screagle said:

When is Central’s decline starting? They will be top 3 again in 2020. With the sophomore kid at QB and the athletes they get Central is going to be a top tier team over the next 3 seasons. 

Read on Twitter where the Banks kid at Central is now enrolled at HH.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

I’ve heard new coaches for both schools will be announced tomorrow.  Bosse is very excited about new coach. Feeling is it’s a great fit for what that program needs. Good luck to both. 

Not sure on announcement but Bosse is getting a good one.  

I played ball with Demarcus at KWC, great guy and I feel going to be a great fit at Bosse. He is still going to face the same issues that every single Bosse coach has had. A population that moves around a lot and a basketball community. Good luck coach. 

Edited by SouthernFan
  • Thanks 1