Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Noblesville HC

Now that this is official, I can comment.  This announcement coincides with the entire process.  I've seen all kinds of things leaked about the hiring and interview process, and I feel bad for Coach Sharpe because he's already starting behind the 8 ball.  I am hoping he can go in right away and win.  I was not a huge fan of this hire, but the circumstances surrounding it make me a huge Sharpe fan and hope he succeeds right away and proves the doubters wrong.

2 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Now that this is official, I can comment.  This announcement coincides with the entire process.  I've seen all kinds of things leaked about the hiring and interview process, and I feel bad for Coach Sharpe because he's already starting behind the 8 ball.  I am hoping he can go in right away and win.  I was not a huge fan of this hire, but the circumstances surrounding it make me a huge Sharpe fan and hope he succeeds right away and proves the doubters wrong.

Just curious

What issues do the doubters have with this hire?

Interesting.  Not much buzz around this job unfortunately.  Might have been a bit tainted after the previous guy quit after just one season.  

Would be interested in hearing who these other candidates were.  Can you share?

and their lies the problem with high school coaching openings

And why we at the GID, really try very hard to NOT be the place where rumors can run rampant for not good reason.   

a great football family, qualified coach already attracting naysayers before the announcement is even live.   SMH

Just now, DT said:

Would be interested in hearing who these other candidates were.  Can you share?

Not in our open forum they cannot 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

Just now, Coach Nowlin said:

and their lies the problem with high school coaching openings

And why we at the GID, really try very hard to NOT be the place where rumors can run rampant for not good reason.   

a great football family, qualified coach already attracting naysayers before the announcement is even live.   SMH

It is what it is Coach.  You need to get with the times.  Everybody honored the rules on this hire.  

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Just curious

What issues do the doubters have with this hire?

Petitions were circulating on Twitter and Facebook (both cesspools of football communities) that Noblesville interview some of the, in their opinion, more qualified candidates that applied for the job. 

For a community that hasn't had much football success since Kevin Wright was there, you would think that they would support the candidate the HS hired and throw all of their abundant resources at Coach Sharpe to become successful. To be successful at Noblesville, you need to be unique, and Coach Sharpe's offense is definitely unique and will be a different prep than what you see in the HCC (All 11 personnel teams).

Good luck to Coach Sharpe though!! He seems like a fantastic individual but hopefully the community's underbelly does not show even more than it already has. 

Edited by MICFan34

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Interesting.  Not much buzz around this job unfortunately.  Might have been a bit tainted after the previous guy quit after just one season.  

Coach Roden was there 2 years, not 1

Just now, DT said:

It is what it is Coach.  You need to get with the times.  Everybody honored the rules on this hire.  

Absolutely NOT the case.  

Coaches will continue to have privacy on here when it comes to job interviews.   

You have no idea any circumstances of reasons why any coach would interview for any job.   

Scenario:   (made up for any Bombers out there)  

Coach Nowlin interviews for Noblesville, Coach Nowlin doesn't get the job but was a finalist, random internet posters on a message board find out that Coach Nowlin has interviewed for another job and now because someone wanted to leak this information without Coach Nowlin's permission, Coach Nowlin has to get bombarded with questions from his current job.   THAT IS INCREDIBLY UNFAIR PRACTICE for HIGH SCHOOL COACHES.  

END OF STORY, been that way FOREVER and that will not change.   

• Like 10

@DT   your participation to our forum is not a "right"   

simple as that.  

don't care 

you and others do not have a "RIGHT" to know about anything when it comes to HIGH SCHOOL jobs and their process of hiring, including those who interviewed and those who didn't and those who turned down and everything in between.   Simple s that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Coach Roden was there 2 years, not 1

Absolutely NOT the case.  

Coaches will continue to have privacy on here when it comes to job interviews.   

You have no idea any circumstances of reasons why any coach would interview for any job.   

Scenario:   (made up for any Bombers out there)  

Coach Nowlin interviews for Noblesville, Coach Nowlin doesn't get the job but was a finalist, random internet posters on a message board find out that Coach Nowlin has interviewed for another job and now because someone wanted to leak this information without Coach Nowlin's permission, Coach Nowlin has to get bombarded with questions from his current job.   THAT IS INCREDIBLY UNFAIR PRACTICE for HIGH SCHOOL COACHES.  

END OF STORY, been that way FOREVER and that will not change.   

simple as that.  

don't care 

you and others do not have a "RIGHT" to know about anything when it comes to HIGH SCHOOL jobs and their process of hiring, including those who interviewed and those who didn't and those who turned down and everything in between.   Simple s that. 

I'm a paying customer here

Maybe I do have a right

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

simple as that.  

don't care 

AMEN! 

Just now, Coach P said:

AMEN! 

As taxpayers who fund everything that goes on at these schools, we absolutely do have a right to know who is involved in these critical positions.  Perhaps your coaching fraternity needs to be more discreet when looking for new opportunities

1 minute ago, DT said:

I'm a paying customer here

Maybe I do have a right

again, that is a volunteer payment, which we thank you for that, many times over, however that does NOT mean you have any sort of leadership decision making privileges.   

That was a good giggle though, thanks.  

And no we do not offer refunds...... 

Just now, DT said:

As taxpayers who fund everything that goes on at these schools, we absolutely do have a right to know who is involved in these critical positions.  Perhaps your coaching fraternity needs to be more discreet when looking for new opportunities

show me the last time you paid taxes in Noblesville community schools.   I will hang up and listen 

• Haha 1

again, that is a volunteer payment, which we thank you for that, many times over, however that does NOT mean you have any sort of leadership decision making privileges.   

You need the money more than I do.  

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

show me the last time you paid taxes in Noblesville community schools.   I will hang up and listen 

Thats not the point and you know it.  Ive paid my fair share of taxes in many municipalities to support schools.  

I know I know, you used pronouns WE, forgot you were grandstanding for the great tax payers of Noblesville.   My bad.   

Funny, you knew NOTHING about any of this until just now.   

Why is that funny?  Do I amuse you?

2 minutes ago, DT said:

If the schools told everyone who had applied, how would you suggest the coaching fraternity be more discreet?  That makes no sense.

• Like 1

Id like to know who were the other candidates who did not get an interview.  Somebody please PM me.  

Dont want to upset the Snowflake admin here too much.  

4 minutes ago, Coach P said:

If the schools told everyone who had applied, how would you suggest the coaching fraternity be more discreet?  That makes no sense.

I'm not suggesting that the schools publicize the candidate names.  I'm suggesting that if someone has a scoop, they should be allowed to post it without penalty.  

Seriously, these are high school football jobs.  Whats the big deal?  Is this forum for the fans or for the coaches?  I thought the coaches already had a private forum.  Maybe we should ban all coaches from public forum.  Can we get that done Coach Snowflake?

Edited by DT

5 minutes ago, DT said:

Id like to know who were the other candidates who did not get an interview.  Somebody please PM me.  

Nobody but the Athletic administration at Noblesville will know everyone that applied. Perhaps you could call them and ask. Why is it snowflake to protect guys from undo questions and perhaps causing problems at their current jobs.  I am sure, you would not like that in  your world.  I would suggest it is an honorable thing to protect these guys from scrutiny simply because they applied. Once they get the job, have at it.

Edited by Coach P
  • Like 5

Just now, DT said:

You need the money more than I do.  

We appreciate your support, but last I checked, we have $3737,  you made 1 donation of $25, maybe it was $50, I forget.  

So lets say it was 50.   that is 50/3737, which comes to your donation was part of, if my math is correct:   Up, 1.3%.    Thanks 

5 minutes ago, DT said:

I'm not suggesting that the schools publicize the candidate names.  I'm suggesting that if someone has a scoop, they should be allowed to post it without penalty.  

Seriously, these are high school football jobs.  Whats the big deal?  Is this forum for the fans or for the coaches?  I thought the coaches already had a private forum.  Maybe we should ban all coaches from public forum.  Can we get that done Coach Snowflake?

curious

Why do you feel you have the right to gain this knowledge?  What makes you so special?    

Signed, Coach Snowflake 

:classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Coach P said:

Nobody but the Athletic administration at Noblesville will know everyone that applied. Perhaps you could call them and ask. Why is it snowflake to protect guys from undo questions and perhaps causing problems at their current jobs.  I am sure, you would not like that in  your world.

Stop making sense.  HE NEEDS TO KNOW NOW!!!!   JUSTICE I TELL YOU JUSTICE!!! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

We appreciate your support, but last I checked, we have $3737,  you made 1 donation of $25, maybe it was $50, I forget.  

So lets say it was 50.   that is 50/3737, which comes to your donation was part of, if my math is correct:   Up, 1.3%.    Thanks 

curious

Why do you feel you have the right to gain this knowledge?  What makes you so special?    

Signed, Coach Snowflake 

:classic_biggrin:

Stop making sense.  HE NEEDS TO KNOW NOW!!!!   JUSTICE I TELL YOU JUSTICE!!! 

We are not even allowed to speculate on here.  I think this cult of protecting coaches has gone too far.  They don't do that on Yappi or other high school boards.  We need more administrative balance on this site.  Someone with some marketing savvy who understands how to drive forum traffic.

We have great threads sitting untouched in the Next Level Forum.  Why hasn't someone identified that and moved them to the main forum so all user can have access and participate?

That's what happens when you run a not for profit operation.

lack of creativity and accountability.

My status as a state and federal taxpaying citizen gives me the right to inquire about the staffing of government school entities.