Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Noblesville HC

2 minutes ago, DT said:

We are not even allowed to speculate on here.  I think this cult of protecting coaches has gone too far.  They don't do that on Yappi or other high school boards.  We need more administrative balance on this site.  Someone with some marketing savvy who understands how to drive forum traffic.

We have great threads sitting untouched in the Next Level Forum.  Why hasn't someone identified that and moved them to the main forum so all user can have access and participate?

That's what happens when you run a not for profit operation.

lack of creativity and accountability.

Duly noted: 

However:   You can simply click the link that says NEXT LEVEL 

Just because "others" do something doesn't mean we have to do it. 

I have been approached over 10 times since 2010 about situations that has negatively hurt coaches in this state based on rumors from here.   So yes, I and others on the leadership team take this serious. 

Feel free to contact them:

@Irishman

@sr1

@DaveMosbey

@crimsonace1

@hhpatriot04

@DK_Barons

@77Jimmie

and others:  https://gridirondigest.net/staff/ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DT said:

We are not even allowed to speculate on here.  I think this cult of protecting coaches has gone too far.  They don't do that on Yappi or other high school boards.  We need more administrative balance on this site.  Someone with some marketing savvy who understands how to drive forum traffic.

We have great threads sitting untouched in the Next Level Forum.  Why hasn't someone identified that and moved them to the main forum so all user can have access and participate?

That's what happens when you run a not for profit operation.

lack of creativity and accountability.

My status as a state and federal taxpaying citizen gives me the right to inquire about the staffing of government school entities.  

Why don't you start your own site?

• Like 1

It is a great relief to come to these boards and not deal with all the rumors and garbage that takes place in so many other places on the internet. The Kentucky high school football message boards are like this. Tons of speculative threads. I can't imagine it helping any situation, particularly the person of note in the topics. It is more than likely damaging on some level. Unfortunately, rumors started online can have grave effects on people's jobs and careers. Kudos the the Gridiron team for keeping this forum clean. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, DT said:

Id like to know who were the other candidates who did not get an interview.  Somebody please PM me.  

Dont want to upset the Snowflake admin here too much.  

I'm not suggesting that the schools publicize the candidate names.  I'm suggesting that if someone has a scoop, they should be allowed to post it without penalty.  

Seriously, these are high school football jobs.  Whats the big deal?  Is this forum for the fans or for the coaches?  I thought the coaches already had a private forum.  Maybe we should ban all coaches from public forum.  Can we get that done Coach Snowflake?

"critical positions."

Your words.  No one elses.

8 minutes ago, Gipper said:

No way in hell you do, get over yourself.

Or just leave and go somewhere else  - a lot of postings and energy related to DT and that comment. Seriously, get over it and yourself. Not sure why you are so bent, but are there not better topics to cover? And, for your specific topic, then start your own forum with your own site. Is that direct enough? Jeez.

14 minutes ago, DT said:

Someone with some marketing savvy who understands how to drive forum traffic.

As an observer I think we have a few people who define "forum traffic" as trolls who like to stir up trouble simply for the sake of creating angry responses and conflict for conflict sake. Others like to have intelligent discussions and debate. The people in the latter group keep getting drug into conversations with people in the former group, but the people in the former group have no interest in being a part of the latter group so they try to bring every conversation back into the former group. They feel they are doing a service to the site by generating "forum traffic." This is not unique to GID. I see it on other forums as well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Or just leave and go somewhere else  - a lot of postings and energy related to DT and that comment. Seriously, get over it and yourself. Not sure why you are so bent, but are there not better topics to cover? And, for your specific topic, then start your own forum with your own site. Is that direct enough? Jeez.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a little upset with me.  You have that right, then again most of my commentary is on the Packers, Purdue football, and that little school on the southern end of their county that apparently is a candidate for contraction.   I float no conspiracy theories as I think it's an utter waste of time because I come to these forums to learn things as opposed to all of this bunk that is bandied about.   Sure, I post things there a little goofy at times, which is something I will never apologize for or go anywhere else.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Seriously, these are high school football jobs.  Whats the big deal?  

I get that you are curious, but Coach Bowling gave you an example of why we/the schools shouldn't release names of the coaches that did not get the job. They would then have to go back and answer questions on why they were trying to leave their current job. I guess I would flip the question on you... These are HS football jobs. Why is it so important that you know who DIDN'T get the job?

1 hour ago, vicvinegar said:

I get that you are curious, but Coach Bowling gave you an example of why we/the schools shouldn't release names of the coaches that did not get the job. They would then have to go back and answer questions on why they were trying to leave their current job. I guess I would flip the question on you... These are HS football jobs. Why is it so important that you know who DIDN'T get the job?

As I stated previously, I am not advocating that schools release names of passed over applicants.  I agree with you 100%.  That would be career damaging to those who were passed over.

I am in the speculation business.  It is here where General Snowflake comes down with an iron fist.  If I were to suggest that Coach B might be a good fit for School Z, just because i see some potential for success between the two,  do you think that this type of random speculation might put someones career in jeopardy?

I don't think so.

3 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

It is a great relief to come to these boards and not deal with all the rumors and garbage that takes place in so many other places on the internet. The Kentucky high school football message boards are like this. Tons of speculative threads. I can't imagine it helping any situation, particularly the person of note in the topics. It is more than likely damaging on some level. Unfortunately, rumors started online can have grave effects on people's jobs and careers. Kudos the the Gridiron team for keeping this forum clean. 

Thank You

3 hours ago, Trojan88 said:

I am not against the Driven One, he knows that, at least after all these years, he should know this, however, its clear that I am very passionate about this particular issue, again, I have been put in the spot of having to explain ourselves here on the GID on how issues that have arose over time around here and its impact on coaches all because someone posted something that was either false or not for public consumption. 

24 minutes ago, DT said:

As I stated previously, I am not advocating that schools release names of passed over applicants.  I agree with you 100%.  That would be career damaging to those who were passed over.

I am in the speculation business.  It is here where General Snowflake comes down with an iron fist.  If I were to suggest that Coach B might be a good fit for School Z, just because i see some potential for success between the two,  do you think that this type of random speculation might put someones career in jeopardy?

I don't think so.

Problem was you were not asking to speculate in this case, you were asking who the other finalists or who else applied.    

The "speculation" portion has been quite lenient recently, you yourself put a list of coaches you would like see at Fishers, no one said a word, you mentioned multiple coaches who currently are employed at jobs.   

I know you see the difference between that and flat out wanting to know who interviewed where and for what job.   

• Thanks 1

DT - I am currently an assistant coach at a school in Central Indiana that has had decent success in the last few seasons...enough success that our current head coach would likely have the resume to apply for other jobs if he happened to be motivated to coach at a bigger school and/or desired a more established program.  Our coach is 100% in the right to apply to any job in which he is motivated to go after.  I honestly have no idea if he has applied to other jobs this offseason or previous offseasons.  With complete certainty though, if it were to be publicized in our community that he was actively seeking another job, it would cripple his current program and impact his family's status within their small town community....and also impact relationship with staff he is leaving or could potentially leave.  Imagine if he actively sought another job and had to have it publicized for a couple offseasons in a row....that wouldn't be fair to anyone.  Keep as much as the decision making process in house.   It is up to the individual applicant to disclose information they feel others need to know whether it be family, current administration, coaching staff, etc...It is not up for any of those people to decide who gets to know.  

I appreciate the policy of these admin and know TA would be proud!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Put yourself in the shoes of one of the applicants who may not have taken the job if offered it, but simply wanted to see if this position was the correct “next step” in his coaching journey.  He has a right to not have his name brought up while he pondered the possibility of this position.  I simply think protecting the current programs should be more important than possible speculation on what ifs or right/wrong decision on applicants.  

In regards to this topic, it is up to those directly involved with Noblesville football to disclose necessary information to relevant individuals directly tied to the program.  Those directly tied to the program that feel correct decisions aren’t being made are free to organize and push for necessary change so that their voices are heard.  The GID is not that platform...never has been. 

Best of luck to Coach Sharpe...I had the pleasure of meeting him this fall.  Noblesville football will be all right.

• Like 1

For the record, again I am not advocating that any coach's job search discretion be compromised.

It was stated early on in this thread that Noblesville supporters were upset that select coaches were not given the opportunity to interview for this opening.  I was curious who those coaches might be.  Just because a Noblesville farmer wants Coach Billy Bob Thornton to be considered for the position,  that does not necessarily mean that Thornton has actual interest in the gig.  This happens at all levels of sport all the time.  Only here are we not allowed this type of normal speculation.

Imagine what it must be like at the college level, where speculation is 24/7   They somehow manage to get thru it without anybody getting butthurt

Just a personal opinion, but due to the background of select admins, we tend to coddle the coaches a little too much to my liking on this forum.  We all play a role here.  Admins.  Readers. Writers.  Coaches.  Officials.  School administrators.   IHSAA commissioners.   etc etc.

Nobody should be singled out for special treatment.  

This isn't Nazi Germany.

Edited by DT

It appears this is boiling down to a matter of perspective. If you want to post that you think Coach Jethro would be a great fit at  Clampett HS, that is one thing and is fine as far as speculating goes. We have only asked to avoid the conversations along the lines of, a friend close to Coach Jethro said he is REALLY interested in the position at Campett, and is ready to leave Bugtussle HS. The AD at Bugtussle has no clue his coach is looking.
Another scenario similar to the one above.....Coach Drysdale is the current coach at Clampett, but now the rumor gets out that the AD might talk to Jethro. 
As far as Kentucky goes, we do have an example......a Coach from this State moves down there, but decides to start looking back home. The AD in Ky finds out; confronts the coach. Coach confirms that he is just exploring the idea. AD then says you are done here then. We are not a stepping stone program. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Irishman said:

It appears this is boiling down to a matter of perspective. If you want to post that you think Coach Jethro would be a great fit at  Clampett HS, that is one thing and is fine as far as speculating goes. We have only asked to avoid the conversations along the lines of, a friend close to Coach Jethro said he is REALLY interested in the position at Campett, and is ready to leave Bugtussle HS. The AD at Bugtussle has no clue his coach is looking.
Another scenario similar to the one above.....Coach Drysdale is the current coach at Clampett, but now the rumor gets out that the AD might talk to Jethro. 
As far as Kentucky goes, we do have an example......a Coach from this State moves down there, but decides to start looking back home. The AD in Ky finds out; confronts the coach. Coach confirms that he is just exploring the idea. AD then says you are done here then. We are not a stepping stone program. 

Thats about as clear as mud