Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Noblesville HC

14 hours ago, DT said:

We are not even allowed to speculate on here.  I think this cult of protecting coaches has gone too far.  They don't do that on Yappi or other high school boards.  We need more administrative balance on this site.  Someone with some marketing savvy who understands how to drive forum traffic.

We have great threads sitting untouched in the Next Level Forum.  Why hasn't someone identified that and moved them to the main forum so all user can have access and participate?

That's what happens when you run a not for profit operation.

lack of creativity and accountability.

My status as a state and federal taxpaying citizen gives me the right to inquire about the staffing of government school entities.  

Perhaps you should go start your own message board/forum... OH WAIT..... 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

DT - I am currently an assistant coach at a school in Central Indiana that has had decent success in the last few seasons...enough success that our current head coach would likely have the resume to apply for other jobs if he happened to be motivated to coach at a bigger school and/or desired a more established program.  Our coach is 100% in the right to apply to any job in which he is motivated to go after.  I honestly have no idea if he has applied to other jobs this offseason or previous offseasons.  With complete certainty though, if it were to be publicized in our community that he was actively seeking another job, it would cripple his current program and impact his family's status within their small town community....and also impact relationship with staff he is leaving or could potentially leave.  Imagine if he actively sought another job and had to have it publicized for a couple offseasons in a row....that wouldn't be fair to anyone.  Keep as much as the decision making process in house.   It is up to the individual applicant to disclose information they feel others need to know whether it be family, current administration, coaching staff, etc...It is not up for any of those people to decide who gets to know.  

I appreciate the policy of these admin and know TA would be proud!!

I think I figured out who your Head Coach is! Is it Coach McGrath?

Related image

9 hours ago, Irishman said:

It appears this is boiling down to a matter of perspective. If you want to post that you think Coach Jethro would be a great fit at  Clampett HS, that is one thing and is fine as far as speculating goes. We have only asked to avoid the conversations along the lines of, a friend close to Coach Jethro said he is REALLY interested in the position at Campett, and is ready to leave Bugtussle HS. The AD at Bugtussle has no clue his coach is looking.
Another scenario similar to the one above.....Coach Drysdale is the current coach at Clampett, but now the rumor gets out that the AD might talk to Jethro. 
As far as Kentucky goes, we do have an example......a Coach from this State moves down there, but decides to start looking back home. The AD in Ky finds out; confronts the coach. Coach confirms that he is just exploring the idea. AD then says you are done here then. We are not a stepping stone program. 

So which episode were you and Mrs. Irishman watching as you typed this? Love the references!! I am going to have to incorporate Green Acres into one! Great post!

• Like 2

ok:  back on topic:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/12/18/indiana-high-school-football-noblesville-hires-dave-sharpe-coach/2684763001/

“Coach Sharpe has a great football pedigree and 14 years of strong, successful coaching experience,” Noblesville athletic director Leah Woolridge said. “He knows we’ve been a team in transition and he’s committed to bringing stability and leadership to build our program. His focus on kids and his great football mind will be huge assets. I’m excited to see what we can accomplish together moving forward.”

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Love the offense he will bring to Noblesville.  Being different will be a huge advantage for him and the Millers.  

Now, can he get the kids and community to buy in?  That will be the hardest part in my opinion.

I don't know Coach Sharpe, but I have watched his teams and they always seemed to have bought in.

I also follow Bart Curtis' teams.  He always has great buy in from his teams, schools, and community.  BC is always a great resource to chat with, as I am sure there are many more in the coaching profession that can be reached real quick to help out, if needed.

Good luck Coach.  Go get 'em.

10 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Love the offense he will bring to Noblesville.  Being different will be a huge advantage for him and the Millers.  

Now, can he get the kids and community to buy in?  That will be the hardest part in my opinion.

I seen a few reference his offense, but I'm not familiar with Coach Sharpe. What offense does he run? 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

foot to foot POWER T FORMATION!!!!!    

IT WAS NASTY AT TIMES AT LAPORTE 

You bet, accept when d-lineman dive at the OL legs and hold em up.  YUCK!

36 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Start the movement bring the Box Formation and Single Wing Triple Spin Series

When I was at Crown Point, we would scrimmage Hammy Heights and they had some spin footwork for whatever play they were trying to run.  I laughed every time I saw it.  Don't remember that play ever having any success, other than the QB being successful in not puking.  🙂

38 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Start the movement bring the Box Formation and Single Wing Triple Spin Series

When I played QB for Coach Britton at Lake Central, we had a counter option where we did a whacky reverse pivot.  Worked every time.

30 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

You bet, accept when d-lineman dive at the OL legs and hold em up.  YUCK!

When I was at Crown Point, we would scrimmage Hammy Heights and they had some spin footwork for whatever play they were trying to run.  I laughed every time I saw it.  Don't remember that play ever having any success, other than the QB being successful in not puking.  🙂

That is when the UMPIRE better be throwing the flag for defensive holding 

27 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

When I played QB for Coach Britton at Lake Central, we had a counter option where we did a whacky reverse pivot.  Worked every time.

Did you full 360 on counter option or did you open opposite then 180 back to the play side? I’ve seen it done both ways.

11 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Did you full 360 on counter option or did you open opposite then 180 back to the play side? I’ve seen it done both ways.

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Now they just throw it out into the flat with no blockers out there.

Isn't that called getting your playmakers the ball in space?  lol

14 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

15 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Or you know, don't cheat.

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Wonder if Charlie Spegal has any eligibility left and would want to move to Arcadia?

I heard from a "reliable" source that he may be too old.  🙄

Kid is going to do well.

10 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

I seen a few reference his offense, but I'm not familiar with Coach Sharpe. What offense does he run? 

I’ve heard it called the “phone booth offense,” because the formation is so tight you could line up in a phone booth ... if anyone on here remembers what that is.

34 minutes ago, JQWL said:

I thought he ran a wing-t at LaPorte

No Sir

Old school T      Lots of misdirection and window dressings

I know we scrimmaged them I believe in 2016 at East Chicago, I think they scored 8 our 12 plays from 40 out, mostly untouched.   They were pretty good that year.  

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I’ve heard it called the “phone booth offense,” because the formation is so tight you could line up in a phone booth ... if anyone on here remembers what that is.

Or to Doctor Who fans ... TARDIS.

• Like 1