• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Noblesville HC

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Last time the Millers had a winning record was 2001

Simmons Spread

Schieb spread

They are qualified offensive minded coaches

It is ok to be different.   Different can work

Kevin Wright ran flexbone at Warren Central, I think that turned out ok, why didn't he get in all shotgun spread ????? 

Because Kevin Wright hasn't coached Warren Central in 15 years.....

You want to take a guess at what kind of offense Kevin Wright ran at IMG these last few years?

What's your point.

Edited by Footballking16

Just now, DT said:

Sharpe's offensive success is contingent on a big strong offensive line.

If he can find the big uglies amongst those 2800 students, they can have some success in The HCC.  

Strong sure, big not necessarily 

Game of football is about leverage and pad levels.

Size helps if you are running RPO/ZONE Schemes 

POWER T is scheme relies on great pullers, leverage, double teams and great action in the back field. 

That is why NAVY can go against some teams that are bigger than themselves and have success, pad level 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What's your point.

Point, 

IF YOUR TEAM AND COMMUNITY BELIEVE IN THE SYSTEM IN PLACE, YOU CAN HAVE SUCCESS in 2019 just as well as in 2009, 1999, 1989

Why is it that Russ Radke has success?  

Why is it that Bart Curtis took Warsaw to their 1st sectional championship in school history in year 2?  

Why cannot that be duplicated at Noblesville? 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Going to be awful tough catching up to teams down 3 TDs in the first half running power football.

Time of possession is your best defense 

• Like 2

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Going to be awful tough catching up to teams down 3 TDs in the first half running power football.

The HCC has never had a rep as a strong defensive conference.  Its known more for 5 star QBs and D1 receivers.  

Laporte scored a ton of points under Sharpe and really bludgeoned people.  Id love to see a power football team in that conference.  Noblesville has never had an identity in football.  This is their opportunity to change that.

Just now, DT said:

The HCC has never had a rep as a strong defensive conference.  Its known more for 5 star QBs and D1 receivers.  

Laporte scored a ton of points under Sharpe and really bludgeoned people.  Id love to see a power football team in that conference.  Noblesville has never had an identity in football.  This is their opportunity to change that.

Being different is OK !!!!   

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Gotta say that most HS teams down 3 TDs in the first half aren't going to come back, regardless of whatever scheme they run. If Noblesville can be competitive, coupled with their historically solid defenses and run the T-Formation, they're going to be in solid shape in the HCC. 

I think people understate how difficult it is for opposing defensive coaches to gameplan for an offense that they only see once a year (Look at CG in the MIC). You have to coach up run fits, alignment, and get the Scout Offense running the T-Formation at close to full speed in a week. That's a headache for defensive coaches that is only going to help Noblesville each and every week in the HCC. 

Edited by MICFan34

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Point, 

IF YOUR TEAM AND COMMUNITY BELIEVE IN THE SYSTEM IN PLACE, YOU CAN HAVE SUCCESS in 2019 just as well as in 2009, 1999, 1989

Why is it that Bart Curtis took Warsaw to their 1st sectional championship in school history in year 2?  

Did I ever say it couldn't be successful?

All I said is that running a gimmick offense that doesn't translate to the next level, namely D1, could potentially be a turnoff to some. Noblesville is a still growing community with 3,000+ students. It's the 11th largest high school in the state. I don't buy for a minute that there isn't D1 talent or athleticism in that school to where some type of spread or modern offense couldn't be incorporated.

I wish Coach Sharpe the best.

2 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Gotta say that most HS teams down 3 TDs in the first half aren't going to come back, regardless of whatever scheme they run. If Noblesville can be competitive, coupled with their historically solid defenses and run the T-Formation, they're going to be in solid shape in the HCC. 

I think people understate how difficult it is for opposing defensive coaches to gameplan for an offense that they only see once a year (Look at CG in the MIC). You have to coach up run fits, alignment, and get the Scout Offense running the T-Formation at close to full speed in a week. That's a headache for defensive coaches that is only going to help Noblesville each and every week in the HCC. 

Glad you brought up CG who has been very successful 6a program in the MIC primarily running the classic Wing t

Sure they have some Spread 2 min stuff they do, we all do, but the one that makes the bacon is the wing t and center grove has no problem selling that to their community all these years

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Did I ever say it couldn't be successful?

All I said is that running a gimmick offense that doesn't translate to the next level, namely D1, could potentially be a turnoff to some. Noblesville is a still growing community with 3,000+ students. It's the 11th largest high school in the state. I don't buy for a minute that there isn't D1 talent or athleticism in that school to where some type of spread or modern offense couldn't be incorporated.

I wish Coach Sharpe the best.

D1 kids come out of Center Grove

What is the difference?

Also, why do you keep calling it a "gimmick" offense?   

I will ask again, why has anyone else not been able to do it then?  Win with Spread at Noblesville?  

Is the Wing t gimmick offense?  

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

D1 kids come out of Center Grove

They do, most them being OL/DL. Center Grove has a phenomenal strength and conditioning program.

What is the difference?

what are you asking?

Also, why do you keep calling it a "gimmick" offense? 

What do you consider it? Tight splits, misdirection, all attempts at deception. It's different from the norm, to stand out. Look up the definition of gimmick.

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I will ask again, why has anyone else not been able to do it then?  Win with Spread at Noblesville? 

I can't answer that, I don't follow Noblesville closely enough.

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Is the Wing t gimmick offense?

I would say so but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

20 minutes ago, DT said:

Then you'd love North Dakota St. football year in and year out.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

They do, most them being OL/DL. Center Grove has a phenomenal strength and conditioning program.

what are you asking?

What do you consider it? Tight splits, misdirection, all attempts at deception. It's different from the norm, to stand out. Look up the definition of gimmick.

I can't answer that, I don't follow Noblesville closely enough.

I would say so but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Then why is it a bad thing to be different at Noblesville ? 

Whats the difference?  that was in reference to why does your comments about Nobleville not apply to Center Grove? 

You hit the nail on the head, weight room is the epicenter to any successful football program and that will not change. 

Center Grove looks to have an outstanding SOPH QB, glad he is ok running the wing t :classic_biggrin:

I believe most offensives are built for some sort of misdirection, deception, some focus more than others, but RPO is no different than misdirection of option/T / or Wing T football.   You are getting eyes on somewhere else then where you are attacking. 

Football is the greatest game on the face of this Earth, one of the many reasons, you can have success doing things differently than others.  Its a thing of beauty.   

Then why is it a bad thing to be different at Noblesville ? 

Whats the difference?  that was in reference to why does your comments about Nobleville not apply to Center Grove? 

You hit the nail on the head, weight room is the epicenter to any successful football program and that will not change. 

Center Grove looks to have an outstanding SOPH QB, glad he is ok running the wing t :classic_biggrin:

I believe most offensives are built for some sort of misdirection, deception, some focus more than others, but RPO is no different than misdirection of option/T / or Wing T football.   You are getting eyes on somewhere else then where you are attacking. 

Football is the greatest game on the face of this Earth, one of the many reasons, you can have success doing things differently than others.  Its a thing of beauty.   

Look for CG to open up that offense next year.  That QB has a big arm and they have kids who can catch the ball.  

Center Grove ran a lot more Shotgun this year than I've ever seen them run prior.

You're right, there is nothing wrong with being different. But in the case of Noblesville, a budding suburb with 3,000+ students and growing, I just see running heavy splits, power football as a potential turnoff when my rivals are throwing the ball all over the field in a modern offense. I'm glad it has worked for Center Grove.

17 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Center Grove ran a lot more Shotgun this year than I've ever seen them run prior.

You're right, there is nothing wrong with being different. But in the case of Noblesville, a budding suburb with 3,000+ students and growing, I just see running heavy splits, power football as a potential turnoff when my rivals are throwing the ball all over the field in a modern offense. I'm glad it has worked for Center Grove.

I think the people at Noblesville want to WIN.  If Sharpe can win, then I think those QBs stay at Noblesville regardless of the offense because they want to WIN. 

There's nothing scarier than adding a great QB to team like CG or RC who can sling it.

Noblesville has not had a football season where they have finished above .500 in the last 15 years. I like the Sharpe hiring because he is willing to change things up (whether he is successful or not will not be known until next year). I think that it is ridiculous to criticize what Sharpe will bring to Noblesville, when nothing has worked in a long time. Hopefully he can finally establish a football culture there without politics getting in the way.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Strong sure, big not necessarily 

Game of football is about leverage and pad levels.

Size helps if you are running RPO/ZONE Schemes 

POWER T is scheme relies on great pullers, leverage, double teams and great action in the back field. 

That is why NAVY can go against some teams that are bigger than themselves and have success, pad level 

This 100%.  Big tackles help, but the guards need to have good feet an be able to move.  They also need to be smart.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Get what you're saying, but Noblesville is a massive school district. If Fishers and HSE can run the spread, why can't Noblesville? I just think an unconventional offense like that MAY be a turn off to some as it doesn't really translate to the next level. 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Point, 

Time of possession is your best defense 

I was going to reply with this exact statement, but @Coach Nowlin beat me to it. There were plenty of people that were hesistant with Coach Curtis coming due to his offense, but he has made such a strong effort to get buy in from the entire community and has all levels (from the PeeWee leagues on up) bought in and running their style of offense. If you get the right guy leading, it doesn't matter one bit if a system is deemed "unconventional". Get the buy in, then back it up with results, people will be all about it. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I was going to reply with this exact statement, but @Coach Nowlin beat me to it. There were plenty of people that were hesistant with Coach Curtis coming due to his offense, but he has made such a strong effort to get buy in from the entire community and has all levels (from the PeeWee leagues on up) bought in and running their style of offense. If you get the right guy leading, it doesn't matter one bit if a system is deemed "unconventional". Get the buy in, then back it up with results, people will be all about it. 

It will be even better as it goes along the youth leagues will hammer home the fundamentals and plenty of reps. By the time they get to the H.S. they will be able to run the plays in their sleep! Coach Moore has done the same in the CG Bantam league with the Classic Wing T.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Just a side note De LaSalle Concord CA held a 151 game win streak running a disciplined triple option attack under Coach Ladouceur. They produced many D1 players that even went on to the NFL.

great point

didn't calvin johnson play for triple option GT?

roger staubach at navy?

if you can and want to play,  you will play.