Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Noblesville HC

23 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Just a side note De LaSalle Concord CA held a 151 game win streak running a disciplined triple option attack under Coach Ladouceur. They produced many D1 players that even went on to the NFL.

They still run under center split back 

or in old Madden 94 terms:   NEAR and FAR formation!!! 

It behooves a coach to come in and see the personnel he has and fit an offense and defense to that OR...like Eric Moore...you make your program fit you and install it all the way down to pee wee.

Either approach works. Dick Dullaghan ran the "I", but he ran the spread with James Banks. A good coach can/has to adapt.

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Yes they do. I believe Coach L although retired and no longer HC is an assistant coach on the team. It is fun to watch their O-line. They are all perfectly syncronized and run like a well oiled machine.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I will be totally honest with one thing that drives me nuts sometimes with teams I watch.

4th and goal at the 1 yard line (lets say a tournament game) down by 4 points.

Offense trots out in Shotgun formation. 

Watched my buddies team lose a playoff game this way.   Its overtime, 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line.  They line up in Gun (cause that's "what they do"),  run Qb ISO and got stoned.   SMH 

4 minutes ago, Wedgebuster said:

Watched my buddies team lose a playoff game this way.   Its overtime, 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line.  They line up in Gun (cause that's "what they do"),  run Qb ISO and got stoned.   SMH 

The bad thing is some teams run so much gun that it is a train wreck if they go under center for a QB sneak. End up with a fumbled snap.

10 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Just a side note De LaSalle Concord CA held a 151 game win streak running a disciplined triple option attack under Coach Ladouceur. They produced many D1 players that even went on to the NFL.

Do you not understand the game has changed over the last 15 years? Do you not believe these athletes have evolved? If the answer to any of these questions is, "no" I would highly recommend getting out and watching some more HS football versus citing statistics from the 90's and early 2000's. The spread wasn't created because coaches we're bored; I promise you that. It was necessary to offset how freakish these athletes we're becoming (among other reasons). 

10 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

It's a formation they use, they do not run this exclusively by any stretch; watch some tape. This is a old school staff that is trying to hold on to a bit of their identity from the 1900's. IMO this formation will continue to be weeded out and in the next 2-3 years it will be history. 

5 hours ago, Proud Papa said:

Do you not understand the game has changed over the last 15 years? Do you not believe these athletes have evolved? If the answer to any of these questions is, "no" I would highly recommend getting out and watching some more HS football versus citing statistics from the 90's and early 2000's. The spread wasn't created because coaches we're bored; I promise you that. It was necessary to offset how freakish these athletes we're becoming (among other reasons). 

Yes the game has changed the last 15 years. Yes athletes have evolved in the size, strength, and speed department.

I have watched more football games than you could fathom at all levels. I personally have watched my sons teams run 4 different offensive schemes: I Formation (with some sprinkled in shot-gun), belly offense, up tempo shotgun spread, and power spread. I have also watched him personally play in different defensive formations: 4-4, 4-2-5, 4-3, and 3-4. He currently plays OLB in college just finishing up his Junior year.

I also have been to a lot of H.S. games prior to my son hitting High School and after. I have been to every State Championship for the last 22 years with the exception of this year I had to watch from my phone as I was out of town in another State. I have seen several different Coach Bob Springers  (you may not know who that is HOF Coach from Indianapolis Washington)T formation, Coach Moore's Wing T, Coach Colby's Wing T in a phone booth, Coach Wrights Flex Bone triple option, Coach Ralph's Power Spread, Coach Fishers Fly Offense, Heck I think it was either Greensburg or Batesville one year I watched run the single wing (my memory fades on that one). I have seen 1 personnel groupings, 10 personnel, 20 personnel, 23 personnel you name it.

One thing remains the same if a team runs an offensive concept they can be successful in it if they hit the weight room for strength, and repitition their offensive scheme are disciplined and execute.

The spread offense was not created because of freakish athletes. It actually was created to spread the defense out creating natural holes in the line and seams in the secondary. Spreading out defenses reduced the need to power block by undersized lineman. The Shotgun Spread has been around since 1956 and Coach Neumeier started the modern spread offense (or basketball on grass like Coach Tiller ran) in 1970.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

It will be even better as it goes along the youth leagues will hammer home the fundamentals and plenty of reps. By the time they get to the H.S. they will be able to run the plays in their sleep! Coach Moore has done the same in the CG Bantam league with the Classic Wing T.

Webo Youth league is taught the offense that Coach Pelley runs.  With that said, he adapts to his personnel too.  So while everyone from 2nd-6th grade knows the base offense, by the time they hit High School they can adapt to the personnel they have.  Webo lined up and that base offense (with success) all year.  But you would see them going to a pistol set or spread set too.  I believe if your kids can teach/run a base of what the high school runs, you are already ahead.  

7 hours ago, Proud Papa said:

Where are these "freakish athletes" at Noblesville? Someone educate me on the last time Noblesville had a RB or WR go D1.  Here's an article from August 28, 2018.  There are 4 Noblesville players, and guess what position they play!? 

image.png.5cf4a00a747d1e7788db613e9e9008e0.png

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/2018/08/28/indiana-high-school-football-state-players-2018-fbs-rosters/1127783002/

51 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Yes the game has changed the last 15 years. Yes athletes have evolved in the size, strength, and speed department.

I have watched more football games than you could fathom at all levels. I personally have watched my sons teams run 4 different offensive schemes: I Formation (with some sprinkled in shot-gun), belly offense, up tempo shotgun spread, and power spread. I have also watched him personally play in different defensive formations: 4-4, 4-2-5, 4-3, and 3-4. He currently plays OLB in college just finishing up his Junior year.

I also have been to a lot of H.S. games prior to my son hitting High School and after. I have been to every State Championship for the last 22 years with the exception of this year I had to watch from my phone as I was out of town in another State. I have seen several different Coach Bob Springers  (you may not know who that is HOF Coach from Indianapolis Washington)T formation, Coach Moore's Wing T, Coach Colby's Wing T in a phone booth, Coach Wrights Flex Bone triple option, Coach Ralph's Power Spread, Coach Fishers Fly Offense, Heck I think it was either Greensburg or Batesville one year I watched run the single wing (my memory fades on that one). I have seen 1 personnel groupings, 10 personnel, 20 personnel, 23 personnel you name it.

One thing remains the same if a team runs an offensive concept they can be successful in it if they hit the weight room for strength, and repitition their offensive scheme are disciplined and execute.

The spread offense was not created because of freakish athletes. It actually was created to spread the defense out creating natural holes in the line and seams in the secondary. Spreading out defenses reduced the need to power block by undersized lineman. The Shotgun Spread has been around since 1956 and Coach Neumeier started the modern spread offense (or basketball on grass like Coach Tiller ran) in 1970.

It was Batesville. Coach Heppner used to run the Wing T / Single Wing. They would shift pre snap from one to the other. We called it the James Brown Turn Around when we played against it. Absolute nightmare to play & coach against. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoachJackson said:

It was Batesville. Coach Heppner used to run the Wing T / Single Wing. They would shift pre snap from one to the other. We called it the James Brown Turn Around when we played against it. Absolute nightmare to play & coach against. 

Thank you for refreshing my memory on that one. I blame it on old age. I knew it was one of them!

17 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Where are these "freakish athletes" at Noblesville? Someone educate me on the last time Noblesville had a RB or WR go D1.  Here's an article from August 28, 2018.  There are 4 Noblesville players, and guess what position they play!? 

image.png.5cf4a00a747d1e7788db613e9e9008e0.png

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/2018/08/28/indiana-high-school-football-state-players-2018-fbs-rosters/1127783002/

You don't need "freakish athletes" to run a spread offense lol. 

20 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

great point

didn't calvin johnson play for triple option GT?

roger staubach at navy?

if you can and want to play,  you will play.

I think Johnson played for Chan Galley.

But Demaryius Thomas did play for the Triple option Yellow Jackets.  He was pretty good too.

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

You don't need "freakish athletes" to run a spread offense lol. 

Agree to disagree there. When you're playing against Avon, Brownsburg, Fishers, Westfield, etc, you're not going to be able to out-athlete any of these teams with just a base spread offense.

Noblesville, in 2016, ran a Shotgun version of the Single-Wing and they ended up 4-6 with close losses to Carmel, Avon, LN, and HSE. They were unique, ran a power offense behind physical offensive linemen, and played keep-away from opposing offense's.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Proud Papa said:

It's a formation they use, they do not run this exclusively by any stretch; watch some tape. This is a old school staff that is trying to hold on to a bit of their identity from the 1900's. IMO this formation will continue to be weeded out and in the next 2-3 years it will be history. 

I watched the entire De La Salle vs Clayton valley from 2017  on Hudl since I was sent it from Coach Murphy.    That was 2 years ago, I hope that was still within the same time frame of relevancy for you.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

we ran the ball 63 times inside Lucas Oil Stadium in 2014 on our way to state title against a team that was supposed to out athlete us as well.   Outsized us significantly as well.   

20 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Agree to disagree there. When you're playing against Avon, Brownsburg, Fishers, Westfield, etc, you're not going to be able to out-athlete any of these teams with just a base spread offense.

Noblesville, in 2016, ran a Shotgun version of the Single-Wing and they ended up 4-6 with close losses to Carmel, Avon, LN, and HSE. They were unique, ran a power offense behind physical offensive linemen, and played keep-away from opposing offense's.  

Hey, I like that style of offense !!!   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

we ran the ball 63 times inside Lucas Oil Stadium in 2014 on our way to state title against a team that was supposed to out athlete us as well.   Outsized us significantly as well.   

Hey, I like that style of offense !!!   

Set a 2A record too on those runs, right?