Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

No district play after all in Illinois

The reason Mt. Carmel had to drop out of the Big 8, and the Big 8 then was swallowed up by the Pocket, has been voted down by Illinois principals.

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/football/controversial-district-plan-scrapped-for-illinois-prep-football/article_6f496a6e-9057-516a-8ce8-aca2c6effe7e.html 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

The reason Mt. Carmel had to drop out of the Big 8, and the Big 8 then was swallowed up by the Pocket, has been voted down by Illinois principals.

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/football/controversial-district-plan-scrapped-for-illinois-prep-football/article_6f496a6e-9057-516a-8ce8-aca2c6effe7e.html 

🤣

There is another proposal that will be bright to the table. The whole idea of districts was to help prevent the 3-4 he drives for first and second round playoff games.  Right now, imagine a team from Anderson area having to go to Evansville in the first round. That is not unusual in the first few rounds in Illinois.  

The new proposal will in essence go from just about 50% of schools making the playoffs, to almost 75% of schools making it. Hopefully, it would create a better travel distance. 

12 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Oof. Although it’s probably for the best for Mt Carmel as well as the PAC/old BIG8 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I assume IL will be retaining a conference structure...so that would mean Mt. Carmel is out in the cold without a conference home.  Would the PAC small school division want them?  I don't see why they wouldn't.

I could see not wanting to drive to Mt Carmel,IL from Tell City,  South Spencer, and Forest Park.

8 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I could see not wanting to drive to Mt Carmel,IL from Tell City,  South Spencer, and Forest Park.

All three of those teams have a game next year with Mt. Vernon. If Mt Carmel joined and was in the small division this is the difference in drive time if they went to Mt. Carmel instead of Mt Vernon.

Tell City 6 more minutes.

South Spencer 19 more minutes.

Forest Park 6 less minutes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sr1 said:

All three of those teams have a game next year with Mt. Vernon. If Mt Carmel joined and was in the small division this is the difference in drive time if they went to Mt. Carmel instead of Mt Vernon.

Tell City 6 more minutes.

South Spencer 19 more minutes.

Forest Park 6 less minutes.

So there would be 7 teams in the small division and 6 in the large division?  What kind of scheduling issue does that create, if any?

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

5 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

So there would be 7 teams in the small division and 6 in the large division?  What kind of scheduling issue does that create, if any?

I don't care if they add them or not. I am just saying the travel time does not appear to be a big issue as far as i can see. they could put 7 teams in the big division

On 12/19/2019 at 8:13 AM, Sacked said:

I don't think they should add them yet. I don't see any advantage to having them in the conference. Mt. Carmel football is not what it used to be. 

neutral field
[2019] Southridge (Huntingburg, IN) 31, [2019] Mt. Carmel (IL) 20

[2019] Mt. Carmel (IL) 35, [2019] North Posey (Poseyville, IN) 14

[2019] Mt. Carmel (IL) 42, [2019] South Spencer (Rockport, IN) 8
[2019] Mt. Carmel (IL) 28, [2019] Tell City (IN) 13

[2019] Mt. Carmel (IL) 28, [2019] Forest Park (Ferdinand, IN) 7

[2019] Mt. Carmel (IL) 62, [2019] Pike Central (Petersburg, IN) 3

Edited by Titan32