Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carson Steele picks up first offer from Indiana State

6 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Austin Booker picks up another offer, Nebraska. Offers are really starting to roll in for him

CG has a long history of outstanding DE play

Paxson, Buckingham, Mack.  How does Booker stack up against his predecessors?

1 hour ago, DT said:

CG has a long history of outstanding DE play

Paxson, Buckingham, Mack.  How does Booker stack up against his predecessors?

Agree with you on this.  I saw Booker in the State Championship and I think he's absolutely legit.  HOWEVER, I had a MIC school alums ask me recently, "Do you ever hear about Center Grove kids after high school?" 

Somebody help me out on this, but I really don't remember a CG graduate having the college success that some of the other MIC school guys have had.

41 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Agree with you on this.  I saw Booker in the State Championship and I think he's absolutely legit.  HOWEVER, I had a MIC school alums ask me recently, "Do you ever hear about Center Grove kids after high school?" 

Somebody help me out on this, but I really don't remember a CG graduate having the college success that some of the other MIC school guys have had.

Never thought of it that way but sort of interesting.  I never doubted the talent that CG produces but have also been on record as stating that their "system" and effectiveness mastering that system is the main reason for their success.  They are the less talented team on the field at least 3 times annually (and possibly more) yet find their way to a victory more often than not.

There is a perception-reality that you don't see CG kids at the big flagship Midwestern schools

That list would include the following :

Ohio State

Michigan

Michigan State

Notre Dame

Penn State

Joel Hale went to OSU, but saw very little playing time

Why no CG kids at ND?

CG sends lots of kids to lower level P5 schools like IU, Minnesota, Vandy, etc which feeds that perception

I never considered Yeast to be a CG kid.   He was a one year move in

Did Swann grow up in WRT and come up thru the bantam program?

Most of the CG players who went to IU were better suited to the MAC or lower.  Coach Moore's strong ties to Bloomington opened the door to Big Ten football for many Trojans.  The McClures, Stoner, Edmondson and others would have had better careers at a lower level.  

Edited by DT

13 hours ago, Grover said:

I talked to a couple dads today whose sons (former players) are in med school at Miami and IU but I guess your friend wouldn't have any reason to have heard about them. 

No doubt the kids at CG have more inherent advantages than kids at all the other MIC schools besides Carmel, but I would like to stick to FOOTBALL.

8 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Without putting much thought into your question....Swann multiple year starter at Stanford, Tidd same at Vandy, Wozniak same at Minnesota, Halterman same at IU, Aukerman same at Army and #2 all time sacks, Cox 3 year starter at Ball State, Krebs same at EKU.  Yeast just started entire season at Louisville.  A number of others were also starters. Not sure how you define success. 

Let's not pretend that Yeast is a CG kid.  He was a move in and already a great player before he got there, and credit to Coach Moore for maximizing his skill set.

Of the other players you have named, I have only heard of Swann.  What position do the others play?

18 minutes ago, DT said:

I never considered Yeast to be a CG kid.   He was a one year move in

Did Swann grow up in WRT and come up thru the bantam program?

How many years must a kid attend a school before he is considered by you to be from that school?  

I coached Swann in the CGBFL when he was in second grade. Is that long enough for you?  I’m curious why you single him out among all the players you mentioned. 

Just now, Grover said:

How many years must a kid attend a school before he is considered by you to be from that school?  

I coached Swann in the CGBFL when he was in second grade. Is that long enough for you?  I’m curious why you single him out among all the players you mentioned. 

I believe TrojanDad had mentioned to me previously that Swann came thru bantam.   Just verifying.  He isn't your typical CG kid.  I think you would agree.   

The only 4 Star recruit I can recall coming out of CG was JB Paxson.  Some recruiting sites even listed him as a 5 star

2 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Interesting that you mention this because I heard this last week and I disregarded it as nonsense, but it seems to be picking up steam.  I still find it hard to believe.

Heard it is more than a mere rumor at this point... 

over the bowl games this years I have seen a few kids my oldest son grew up and played with play in bowl games. Just because they are not starters or you have heard their names on it tv does not mean they are not successfully 

One example is Parker Ferguson he is the starting left tackle for Air Force If he does a Good Job you will probably will not hear his name called because he is a lineman 

Edited by Trojanmp52
Gramer

On 1/31/2020 at 7:55 PM, TrojanDad said:

Because every other young man that plays at a given HS lives there their entire life?  Nice logic!

Tidd DL, Wozniak TE and was on 3 NFL practice squads, Halterman TE and received SB ring with Colts, Aukerman LB, Cox DL, Krebs DL. 

Great reminder about Parker Ferguson. 2 year starting OLT at AFA and one of the top Rated OL in the country. 

Don't just take my word for it.  Here's an article from 2016 that calls Yeast a move-in.  

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/09/15/center-grove-move--russ-yeast-takes-indy-area-football-storm/90400710/

My point is that Yeast was great BEFORE he ever stepped foot inside CG High School.  He did not play in the little league or middle school programs at all, and only played at CG for 1 year.  If he played there for 3/4 years, then I could see that argument but to only play one year at CG does not make him a CG kid.

37 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

His sister will graduate this year...and will run track at Louisville.  She was here 4 years I believe...under your logic, she's a CG kid and Russ isn't.  Really?

Under my definition above, I believe she would be since she went to school there for 4 years.

22 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

you didn't answer my question about Mr. Football being a New Pal guy....should I assume no because he didn't meet your 4 year time period?

Look, I appreciate your view....I just don't agree.

I would say yes and no on him being a New Pal guy.  My question for you is if the QB transfers and graduates from Cathedral, is he now a Cathedral kid?

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Yes and no??  2 years only.....seems like you are now changing your own rule......

Now we are going hypothetical....if any player goes to Cathedral, Roncalli, Lawrence North, or any other school and plays one or 2 years, graduating from the school, I am totally fine with them claiming the young man as their own.  Our area has experienced many times where CG kids play bantam in their youth and later move on to other schools.  Part of life...when they leave CG, they are no longer Trojans.

Sure, Spegal isn't a New Pal kid.  He's a Delta kid who needed a better opportunity for a D1 scholarship and more exposure and respect, so he went to New Pal.

Here's a situation that isn't a hypothetical.  I'm sure you're familiar with a kid who went to Cathedral, then Warren Central, then Indian Creek.  Since he will graduate from Indian Creek, he's now an Indian Creek kid?  Or how about a RB from CG who moved to Indian Creek and played there this year.  He's an Indian Creek kid too?

On 1/30/2020 at 7:43 AM, RetiredOfficial03 said:

Word on the street is the QB is transferring......

Could be interesting. 

Hate to be that guy (no actually I really don’t) but smelling more smoke on this one from a few sources...