Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2019 Mr. Football

As someone whose job it is to come up with words to describe what he does on the football field each week, i've run out of superlatives to describe his play. Speed and power. Humble. Hard working. Strong. As an IU grad, I'm very excited to see what Charlie is going to do for the Hoosiers in the next four years. 

His records: 10,867 yards, 175 touchdowns, 1,054 points - are mind-boggling. When Brett Law set the scoring record 30 years ago, they were such crazy numbers, nobody thought they'd be touched. Seeing him do what he did is just incredible. He's the only RB in state history to rush for 3,000+ yards twice. 

And one of his teammates, Kyle King, got 21 votes, as well. 

Charlie's a great kid. Very humble. Just works hard, lets his play do the talking, keeps working, asks questions, wants to get better. He ran for 3,300+ yards last year while learning a new offense and getting in sync with a new line,. I'm very happy for him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

what was that about?  C'mon man.  

Did you feel someone else deserved the award?  Just want to be noticed?  

The award was a landslide this year as it should have been.....the young man smashed state high school football records.  Not much of a debate this year unless you can show me where I am off based in my thinking.

Congrats Charlie....well-deserved young man!!  Now, for the glory of old IU!!

Dude is a clown who is bitter that a kid from an "urban sprawl" community won the award.  Nothing to see here...

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Congrats Charlie....well-deserved young man!!  Now, for the glory of old IU!!

Agree. Well deserved. He will do well at the next level.

19 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

The award was a landslide this year as it should have been.

I don't dispute Charlie winning, but why should it have been a landslide? The other five kids were pretty dominant at their respective positions. For the last 25 years, the award has been handed out to a kid who either played RB, QB, or WR. Are there not 22 positions on the field (not including special teams)?

I think a congrats is in order for the other five young men who were nominated. Spencer Wright, Ty Wise, Richard Hamilton, Kyle King, and Randy Holtz. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

I don't dispute Charlie winning, but why should it have been a landslide? The other five kids were pretty dominant at their respective positions. For the last 25 years, the award has been handed out to a kid who either played RB, QB, or WR. Are there not 22 positions on the field (not including special teams)?

I think a congrats is in order for the other five young men who were nominated. Spencer Wright, Ty Wise, Richard Hamilton, Kyle King, and Randy Holtz. 

Was 1992 the 1st year of the award?  If so, there has only been 1 OL/DL to win the award?

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

I would think Jaylon Smith won more for his defensive efforts.

47 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

I would think Jaylon Smith won more for his defensive efforts.

Running over Ritter in the state championship game helped his cause. As a Butkus award winner and the #1 linebacker in the country, I'm sure he probably would have won regardless. I'm just making a point that this should be addressed by the voters in the future. A RB, QB, and WR are only as good as their offensive line allows them to be (to an extent of course). And they only rack of big numbers as a result of kids on the other side of the ball allowing them to be on the field more.