Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 Mr Football Predictions

On 12/31/2019 at 2:39 PM, Staxawax said:

Heard through the grapevine that Luke struggled with the decision to play QB this past season. He has zero interest in playing football in college.  Basketball is his future.  So, maybe he doesn't even play football his senior year.

He's a 4-star with a rating of 96. Holds offers from Indiana, Purdue, Butler, Louisville, Iowa, Maryland, Xavier, Illinois, Norhtwestern, Texas, and others. Indiana is my early prediction.

Edited by BTF
Additional wording

11 hours ago, BTF said:

He's a 4-star with a rating of 96. Holds offers from Indiana, Purdue, Butler, Louisville, Iowa, Maryland, Xavier, Illinois, Norhtwestern, Texas, and others. Indiana is my early prediction.

IU or Purdue.  But, if he really looked at the top 20 class Butler welcomes in 2020, he would realize his ability to score would be a perfect match for that team.

21 hours ago, Staxawax said:

IU or Purdue.  But, if he really looked at the top 20 class Butler welcomes in 2020, he would realize his ability to score would be a perfect match for that team.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he went to Butler................great program! I'd just be surprised if it wasn't IU.

On 1/1/2020 at 9:39 AM, Temptation said:

Solution?

Hopeless, given the environment.

Voters simply aren’t up to it regardless of intentions.  They will always default to the newspaper headlines and the easily displayed measurables.....which are only for the “skilled” positions.

That said, it’s not brain surgery.  Just look at the highest ranked college prospects...whatever position.

Easy peasy.  

That said, it will never happen.

Edited by Lysander

4 hours ago, Lysander said:

Voters simply aren’t up to it regardless of intentions.  They will always default to the newspaper headlines and the easily displayed measurables.....which are only for the “skilled” positions.

That said, it’s not brain surgery.  Just look at the highest ranked college prospects...whatever position.

Easy peasy.  

I really believe that with the entirety of the IFCA membership voting for the award, there is now some possibility for there to be a non-skill player win the award.  Maybe it is just me wishing that people looked at the game from a standpoint of real value!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

Easy peasy.  

Then why even play the season?  With this logic, Spegal wouldn't even sniff a vote.

Not your best work...

Edited by Guest

On 1/9/2020 at 10:00 AM, eschnur66 said:

I really believe that with the entirety of the IFCA membership voting for the award, there is now some possibility for there to be a non-skill player win the award.  Maybe it is just me wishing that people looked at the game from a standpoint of real value!  

Good point.  Maybe there is Hope.

Question regarding the new voting setup.  Does every imaginable coach on staff get a vote or is there some limit?  

Heck, I filmed some games years back, would I have had a vote?   Believe me, you wouldn’t want to give me a vote.

Edited by Lysander

7 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Good point.  Maybe there is Hope.

Question regarding the new voting setup.  Does every imaginable coach on staff get a vote or is there some limit?  

Heck, I filmed some games years back, would I have had a vote?   Believe me, you wouldn’t want to give me a vote.

Every dues paying member of the IFCA has a vote.  So long as they have an individual email that has been submitted when registering.

On 1/9/2020 at 5:44 AM, Lysander said:

Easy peasy.  

Isn’t he the nephew of former IU QB Trent Green?

14 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Isn’t he the nephew of former IU QB Trent Green?

Happy New Year!  That said, attribute it to my no longer young and, no doubt, misfiring neurons, but I am certain I am missing something obvious here....apologies in advance.

8 hours ago, Lysander said:

Happy New Year!  That said, attribute it to my no longer young and, no doubt, misfiring neurons, but I am certain I am missing something obvious here....apologies in advance.

Ha replied to the wrong post. Meant to reply to the post surrounding Luke Goode and his college considerations. I believe Goode is Trent Green’s nephew and IU is a destination favorite.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:57 AM, Footballking16 said:

Ha replied to the wrong post. Meant to reply to the post surrounding Luke Goode and his college considerations. I believe Goode is Trent Green’s nephew and IU is a destination favorite.

Correct Goode is the nephew of Trent Green. He's also a cousin of Ben Skowronek who recently grad transferred from Northwestern to Notre Dame. Heard that Louisville basketball has been recruiting Goode hard. He does not currently hold an offer from Indiana 

Edited by BLKnights7