Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Blue Bloods

BTF

23 hours ago, Temptation said:

To me it is success over multiple decades consecutively with very few down periods.

Notre Dame and Michigan are in the process of forfeiting their title.

USC and Texas are hanging on but at least have titles they can claim recently.

Nebraska and Tennessee’s ship has sailed.

Nobody does less with more than Georgia.  They always seem to be in that top 10 area but can never seal the deal.  Fair or not but the heat is going to start turning up on Kirby Smart here soon.

I believe ND and UM are the two all time winningest programs in history.   That's. Blue blood.  Thick.  

8 minutes ago, Temptation said:

If Clemson and Notre Dame played 10 times last year, Clemson wins 9, maybe all ten.

Considering many dubbed that team as one of the greatest college football teams ever, I'll give you 9 out of 10.

10 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Outside of Ohio State, those in the southeast are not threatened one bit by midwestern football, blue blood or not.

I can't argue with that statement. But they better take notice because the Big Ten is for real. Minnesota proved that yesterday. Big Ten #6 beats SEC #3/4.

Just now, BTF said:

Considering many dubbed that team as one of the greatest college football teams ever, I'll give you 9 out of 10.

I can't argue with that statement. But they better take notice because the Big Ten is for real. Minnesota proved that yesterday. Big Ten #6 beats SEC #3/4.

Once again, not discrediting Minnesota whatsoever but Auburn wanted no part of that game and Minnesota treated it like their Super Bowl.  There are always exceptions but I do agree with DT when it comes to the SEC’s level of competitiveness.

Its often embellished by the national media but the numbers don’t lie.

Conference bowl records are sometimes misleading because you cannot measure motivation.

Its a fun narrative when it works in your favor though.

Minnesota’s 11 wins are closer to 7-8 if they play an SEC schedule.  They struggled with South Dakota and Fresno State, got Rutgers and Maryland in their big ten crossovers and got Penn State at home.

Football Blue Bloods in order

1. Alabama

2. USC

3. Notre Dame

4. Ohio State

5. Oklahoma

Michigan, Texas, Nebraska, Penn State, Miami all on historical merit come next.

Clemson is amidst a current dynasty but has a long way to go to reach blue blood status. LSU and Florida State I would have in the discussion as well.

24 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Football Blue Bloods in order

1. Alabama

2. USC

3. Notre Dame

4. Ohio State

5. Oklahoma

Michigan, Texas, Nebraska, Penn State, Miami all on historical merit come next.

Clemson is amidst a current dynasty but has a long way to go to reach blue blood status. LSU and Florida State I would have in the discussion as well.

Notre Dame behind USC? You’re dead to me. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Notre Dame behind USC? You’re dead to me. 

Had to do it Bob. Been awhile since ND has strung together a dominant era, most their accolades pre-date the modern era of football but still count for something. USC is 2nd all-time in bowl wins and it was all that long ago the Trojans were the premier football program in college football (2000-2009).

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Had to do it Bob. Been awhile since ND has strung together a dominant era, most their accolades pre-date the modern era of football but still count for something. USC is 2nd all-time in bowl wins and it was all that long ago the Trojans were the premier football program in college football (2000-2009).

All I heard when I read this aloud was “blah, blah, blah ...”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BTF said:

What hurts even more is when your program is caught cheating............. 2000-2009.

They didn't get caught cheating per se, Reggie Bush' parents accepted money from an agent while he was still in school and the NCAA completely overreacted and they have even said they went to hard.

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

They didn't get caught cheating per se, Reggie Bush' parents accepted money from an agent while he was still in school and the NCAA completely overreacted and they have even said they went to hard.

Come on now.  Sneaky Pete skipped town just in time.  Bush fell on the knife but more cheating was going on.

With their endorsement of Helton, I actually think USC is trying to play by the rules and do things the right way, cleaning up their image from the fall out.

Said it in another thread, play clean and accept your program for what it is (averaging 9-10 wins) or go all in and bend/break the rules and compete for titles.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Come on now.  Sneaky Pete skipped town just in time.  Bush fell on the knife but more cheating was going on.

With their endorsement of Helton, I actually think USC is trying to play by the rules and do things the right way, cleaning up their image from the fall out.

Said it in another thread, play clean and accept your program for what it is (averaging 9-10 wins) or go all in and bend/break the rules and compete for titles.

I'm not saying there wasn't foul play, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

-2 year postseason ban

-loss of 30 scholarships

-national title vacated

all because what, a players family took money from an agent? Why do you think the NCAA hasn't acted on the current FBI probe into college basketball? Because they know they royally screwed USC. Here is what one writer had to say about the NCAA's punishment towards USC:

"It's become an accepted fact among informed college football observers that the NCAA sanctions against USC were a travesty of justice, and the NCAA's refusal to revisit that travesty are a massive act of cowardice on the part of the organization."

I don't care for USC one way or the other, but he's absolutely right, a complete abuse of power by the NCAA. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

I'm not saying there wasn't foul play, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

-2 year postseason ban

-loss of 30 scholarships

-national title vacated

all because what, a players family took money from an agent? Why do you think the NCAA hasn't acted on the current FBI probe into college basketball? Because they know they royally screwed USC. Here is what one writer had to say about the NCAA's punishment towards USC:

"It's become an accepted fact among informed college football observers that the NCAA sanctions against USC were a travesty of justice, and the NCAA's refusal to revisit that travesty are a massive act of cowardice on the part of the organization."

I don't care for USC one way or the other, but he's absolutely right, a complete abuse of power by the NCAA. 

What about the house Bush's family was staying in? Taking money from an agent wasn't an isolated incident. There were several "gifts." He wasn't even a good football coach in the NFL before he took that job. In fact, the USC faithful were pissed that he was hired. So the pressure was on him from the beginning. I could see where cheating was an appealing option for him. He also let his players run amok. Winning championships and having fun is one thing, but when a player of yours walks up behind a female reporter and acts like he's humping her on national television, a line has to be drawn. That kid was never disciplined. Hell, no one even said anything about it. It was as if Carroll and his players could do no wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

-2 year postseason ban

-loss of 30 scholarships

-national title vacated

It’s the NCAA...the punishment NEVER fits the crime.

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

What about the house Bush's family was staying in?

That's the improper benefit and what they were hammered for, everything else you mention is hearsay. The NCAA punished USC solely for the actions of Reggie Bush and family. The punishment handed down was a travesty. Louisville got off easier for their hooker scandal. Absolute injustice. 

Edited by Footballking16

4 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Ian Book and Shea Patterson are in the same category for me.

They can make awesome plays, but then completely miss the simple ones.

Wish I could argue, but as a Michigan fan I cannot.

You would’ve never convinced me five years ago that quarterback would be the biggest weakness on a Jim Harbaugh coached team...but here we are.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, DT said:

I believe ND and UM are the two all time winningest programs in history.   That's. Blue blood.  Thick.  

But most of their most memorable moments in history, championships, Heisman winners came either before the forward pass was legal or reel to reel was the primary method of breaking down film.

Both have padded all time records for beating up on high school teams a century ago.

And let me once again reiterate:  I am a MICHIGAN fan!

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, Temptation said:

But most of their most memorable moments in history, championships, Heisman winners came either before the forward pass was legal or reel to reel was the primary method of breaking down film.

Made me laugh out loud, literally................................thanks 🙂

4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Why? Had some of the most dominant teams in college football history.

I'm pretty sure my disdain for Pete Carroll was clarified in previous posts. But I'll say it again................he's a cheater and he let his players run amok. No respect for him as a college coach. He's more suited for the NFL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'm pretty sure my disdain for Pete Carroll was clarified in previous posts. But I'll say it again................he's a cheater and he let his players run amok. No respect for him as a college coach. He's more suited for the NFL.

Where did he cheat? You didn’t clarify that.

And to clarify, you don’t like Pete Carroll because one of his players made an inappropriate gesture? Oh my, how college of that player.

I’m guessing you’re not a fan of many college coaches then?

Edited by Footballking16

24 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Where did he cheat? You didn’t clarify that.

And to clarify, you don’t like Pete Carroll because one of his players made an inappropriate gesture? Oh my, how college of that player.

I’m guessing you’re not a fan of many college coaches then?

I respect most college coaches. I even respect Carroll as an NFL coach. But he doesn't play by the rules at the college level and let's his players do whatever they want. He's kinda like Jimbo Fisher. He's going to make excuses for his players behavior so they can play in the next game and get the win. Carroll knew everything that was going on at USC. Don't be so naive to think differently. Only God knows (and Pete Carroll, USC alumni, the AD, etc) what other players received improper benefits. 

I guess if I were a college coach, I would use Lou Holtz as a role model. I guess it's up to you if you'd rather model after Carroll and Fisher.