Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Contenders 2020

Who are some of the teams to watch out for this fall?

Out of the Summit City I think that team could be Carroll. They have many weapons returning from a team that beat Snider and lost to Dwenger by a touchdown. They could possibly be the best team north of Carmel. Will they be? Only time will tell as there are many other good programs who will have a say. I like the direction Valpo and Warsaw are heading in. Snider, Penn, Homestead, Jeff, and Merrillville will always be solid. Elkhart?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Who are some of the teams to watch out for this fall?

Out of the Summit City I think that team could be Carroll. They have many weapons returning from a team that beat Snider and lost to Dwenger by a touchdown. They could possibly be the best team north of Carmel. Will they be? Only time will tell as there are many other good programs who will have a say. I like the direction Valpo and Warsaw are heading in. Snider, Penn, Homestead, Jeff, and Merrillville will always be solid. Elkhart?

Carroll is my pick for SAC. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Carroll is my pick for SAC. 

i agree, Carroll is likely best in SAC, I would saw Homestead/Dwenger duke it out for second. Snider has a lot of skill positions to fill on O, and has some big D positions to replace, they may have tough year. That is unless there are some surprise transfers or some young'ins step up. 

On 1/1/2020 at 6:33 PM, psaboy said:

i agree, Carroll is likely best in SAC, I would saw Homestead/Dwenger duke it out for second. Snider has a lot of skill positions to fill on O, and has some big D positions to replace, they may have tough year. That is unless there are some surprise transfers or some young'ins step up. 

If Dwenger plays their best players 2 ways as opposed to pretending they are a 6A school and only play guys 1 way as much as possible, they would win the SAC.  If they do what they did this past year and only use their best when they are “needed” they will fall short again in the SAC and in the playoffs. 
If that happens,  Homestead and Carroll will vie for 1st place, with Homestead winning.    Snider and Dwenger could still surprise but likely will battle it out for 3rd and 4th.  
Concordia has the skill players to surprise as does North Side.  Northrop and Luers are next and then South Side and Wayne will do their best to come in last place. 
Concordia and Dwenger have the best chance to make it to State.  Followed by Homestead and Carroll.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JackStraw1 said:

3A - Chatard will be a contender again, FW Concordia returns a lot of starters, Gibson Southern from the south.  Not sure who will challenge them in the south?

In the South, outside of GS, I understand Heritage Hills has a QB transfer incoming from Central (?).  I also think Lawrenceburg will be back....I believe their QB was just a Soph last year.  I assume Danville will glide to Semistate again (unless TriWest beats then) given the alignments.  That said, this 4 year starting QB investment GS has made will need to show some dividends this Fall (and should).

Chatard has a lot of slots to fill.  So much has to do with how the team syncs (I’d argue Chatard’s 2018 team was better on paper than 2019...yet the 2019 team was an absolute beast as it turned out).  I still think the favorite from the North will likely remain the winner of Sectional 28...whoever that might be.  Honestly hoping Chatard wins Regional simply because that will get them back in 4A.

• Like 1