Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU vs. Tennessee

Irishman

Tennessee is ranked 16th in composite talent ranking with 5 Five star athletes and 32 Four star players

Indiana is ranked #53 with zero 5 star and Four 4 star

Something doesn't add up

As I said previously, TN should be a 3 TD favorite

This is not a small talent gap

It's a monstrous talent gap

It speaks to the level of dysfunction and underachievment in the TN football program

Coaches should be climbing o ver each other for this job and a chance to harness all that talent

Edited by DT

3 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Just not buying it.....over the past 10 YEAR PERIOD, Tennessee is averaging a 6-6 record per year.  I previously stated their record against Vandy over the past 8 years, and Vandy is typically at the bottom or near it in the SEC.  

How does a program underachieve for a decade?  That is a sustained level of performance....not isolated.

Yes they have some talent....but the ratings and rankings of high school football players is NOT an exact science.  I get that you are not going to listen, but its much more to a team that where a kid is ranked coming out of high school.  

If Tennessee was that loaded talent wise, you would see big name coaches going there.....and the fact is, since Phil Fulmer's last year in 2008, they have not had anything close to a big name coach.  11 seasons since Fullmer, 6 different coaches (including interims), none of them big names.  NONE!

I'm happy to listen.  The numbers just don't add up.   

46 minutes ago, DT said:

I'm happy to listen.  The numbers just don't add up.   

Recruiting rankings usually mirror actual poll rankings...

Tennessee, Maryland and Nebraska the most recent exceptions.

Edited by Guest