Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

AFC Wild Card Games

Sure did not disappoint. 

Vrabel used a Belicheckesque move w running off some 1:45 of actual game time w the delay of games on the punts right before the 5 minute mark of Q4. 

Man can the Titans run. the. ball!

Edited by Guest

45 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

The Bills self destructed....as good as their defense is, I thought bad tackling in the 2nd half really impacted them. Giving up that 3rd and 18 late in the game by playing too far back was not good football. 

TD

I was late to this early game, but I was able to catch a good portion of the OT. 

I was surprised on a few offensive plays by the Bills. 

1. Let JJ Watt have a clear shot to Allen. That had to be on Allen.  Either slide the protection right, or run your hot/quick passing game.

2. The QB sweep w Allen and the Texan DB perfect form tackle. Couldn’t believe a TE and an OL both missed him. Great scheme and play call. Terrible execution. 

3.  Missed a wide open pass to Beasley that would’ve moved them closer to FG.

Agree on the D assessment you posted above.

Heard people complain about the personal foul on the OL of the Bills. To me, great call. The other was the potential delay of game the refs “missed”.  Again, I think that DOG no call was the right call, if the NFL uses the same timing method that we use in HS officiating. Maybe @Bobref or other experienced, well respected officials, can shed light on that. 

Have a great one fellas. 

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

TD

I was late to this early game, but I was able to catch a good portion of the OT. 

I was surprised on a few offensive plays by the Bills. 

1. Let JJ Watt have a clear shot to Allen. That had to be on Allen.  Either slide the protection right, or run your hot/quick passing game.

2. The QB sweep w Allen and the Texan DB perfect form tackle. Couldn’t believe a TE and an OL both missed him. Great scheme and play call. Terrible execution. 

3.  Missed a wide open pass to Beasley that would’ve moved them closer to FG.

Agree on the D assessment you posted above.

Heard people complain about the personal foul on the OL of the Bills. To me, great call. The other was the potential delay of game the refs “missed”.  Again, I think that DOG no call was the right call, if the NFL uses the same timing method that we use in HS officiating. Maybe @Bobref or other experienced, well respected officials, can shed light on that. 

Have a great one fellas. 

The correct timing mechanic is for the covering official (B in high school) to watch the play clock until it hits 0. Then you look for the ball. If it hasn’t been snapped, blow the whistle and throw the flag. But you don’t need to be in a hurry to do that. This is one foul we hate to call.

As far as the play clock goes though, once it hits 00, there is still .99 seconds left. The NBA added the red light around the backboard to light up because there is that delay. Maybe something similar could be used in football? A red light that borders the play clock could go on when the time is actually 0.00? 

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

As far as the play clock goes though, once it hits 00, there is still .99 seconds left. The NBA added the red light around the backboard to light up because there is that delay. Maybe something similar could be used in football? A red light that borders the play clock could go on when the time is actually 0.00? 

I don’t believe that’s accurate. It’s certainly not the case with the game clock, and I don’t know why they would be different.

17 hours ago, Irishman said:

And the play clock in football is not intended to be as precise as the shot clock in basketball. I would not use that for comparison purposes. DE made a correct point for all levels. Check the game clock, when it hits 0 look at the ball and if it's not moving immediately then flag it. Later in a game that's decided take a deep breath or two. Flagging DOG should be rare and obviously delayed.