Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2020

5 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I personally believe we will see something like this last season in which nobody goes undefeated and overall it’s a pretty competitive conference.  If I had to guess now I would say memorial +1 other team will be 8-1 entering sectionals 

As much as I like to believe otherwise, I just don't see Memorial being 8-1.  We have a lot of holes to fill and while I think we can, it will take some time and we'll take some lumps along the way.  Being 5-4 or 4-5 wouldn't really surprise me.. 

1 hour ago, reitzguy said:

Find it hard to believe but talk at the basketball game last night was that Rietz has not even started interviewing yet. Need to get someone in both positions soon.

Both positions?  Two at Reitz or are you talking about Reitz and Harrison?  

23 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Find it hard to believe but talk at the basketball game last night was that Rietz has not even started interviewing yet. Need to get someone in both positions soon.

Come on, you are a REITZ person I assume by your name and you mis-spell it.  I heard one name mentioned for Reitz but probably was just talk.  I dont believe anything I hear until its official.

18 hours ago, Panther86 said:

Come on, you are a REITZ person I assume by your name and you mis-spell it.  I heard one name mentioned for Reitz but probably was just talk.  I dont believe anything I hear until its official.

I am a Reitz person. Didnt realize I miss spelled it. Was typing without my glasses. I would think there would be a pretty big list of applicant for this job. Need to get it filled with the best candidate. After all Reitz football pretty well supports the rest of the EVSC football programs with game day tickets sales and season ticket sales

On 2/12/2020 at 12:30 PM, Titan32 said:

And ironically those to games might be the only 2 wins Vincennes has this season.  But then there is sectional 30 to look forward to.

We might sneak another 1 or 2 in there. Should a pretty veteran group for Lincoln in 2020.

And yeah sectional 30 is what it is. Might as well take advantage while we can. I'm sure realignment will bring us back together soon!:classic_biggrin:

8 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

We might sneak another 1 or 2 in there. Should a pretty veteran group for Lincoln in 2020.

And yeah sectional 30 is what it is. Might as well take advantage while we can. I'm sure realignment will bring us back together soon!:classic_biggrin:

I wish the best of luck to the Alices.. but that schedule looks pretty daunting top to bottom... especially compared to recent Vincennes schedules.  I mean.. there's been a resurgence locally in VL football no question about it with three 8+ win seasons, it took a strong run in Sectional 30 to offset a 1-4 start... and the usual victims Vincennes typically beats...be that 2-8 Bosse last year, a winless Washington, 2-9 Princeton...  they did beat at solid 8-4 NK team in a tight contest, same with a 14-6 win over Mt. Carmel.  Sullivan was poised to win that first sectional tilt in a barnburner, but other than that... beating 5-6 Brown County, and Princeton again isn't like facing Reitz, Castle, MD, Central, North or Memorial.. week in and out.  My concern is that everyone talks about come Sectional time how VL will be better prepared..  certainly won't face the caliber in sectional that they will have all year... but if they are beaten up physically, and mentally from a 2 or 3 win season... will they be OK going into postseason.  Everyone loves a winner.. and Vincennes certainly has shown how quick the public tide can turn, and support can fade... I hope that doesn't happen at all.  I'd love to see the Alices be in most of the games.... get some surprise W's as well... but it's a big leap in my book.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

^^^^^^

please remove this post. Only rumor and conjecture at this moment with no official announcement. Thanks. 

Please remove this post due to the poor spelling of the word lose!

Image result for loose vs lose meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

That was tongue and cheek based on the earlier misuse/spelling of the word in this thread.

Germans? Pearl Harbor?

Don’t stop him, he’s on a roll. 😄

It will be interesting to see the impact of coaching hires on roster numbers. It could be a boost for all 3 schools. 

4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Germans? Pearl Harbor?

Don’t stop him, he’s on a roll. 😄

It will be interesting to see the impact of coaching hires on roster numbers. It could be a boost for all 3 schools. 

Except MTV. O/U on transfers from MTV to Reitz 2.5 

Putting on my old AD hat... Transfers from MTV to Reitz would be subject to the “past link” rule making them immediately ineligible or limited eligibility. If that’s what MTV wanted to do, and assuming that is still a rule.

32 minutes ago, Coach_K said:

Putting on my old AD hat... Transfers from MTV to Reitz would be subject to the “past link” rule making them immediately ineligible or limited eligibility. If that’s what MTV wanted to do, and assuming that is still a rule.

What can they do about the 8th graders who want to move to Reitz?

MtV had high hopes for their 8th grade team

1 hour ago, Cappy said:

What can they do about the 8th graders who want to move to Reitz?

MtV had high hopes for their 8th grade team

So long as those students enroll at Reitz before they attend one class at MTV, I am pretty sure there is nothing MTV can do.

1 hour ago, Coach_K said:

So long as those students enroll at Reitz before they attend one class at MTV, I am pretty sure there is nothing MTV can do.

I have heard that MtV big fear is that several of the 8th graders may follow him, all just speculation, but what I’ve heard.

11 hours ago, Cappy said:

I have heard that MtV big fear is that several of the 8th graders may follow him, all just speculation, but what I’ve heard.

For the record...we didn't have much trouble with their 8th grade team.  The QB/Safety was potentially a varsity starter next year for MTV in football and a nice basketball player as well.  He would be the one to watch in terms of jumping ship.

• 2 months later...