Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2020

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Let's revive the topic as Enlow Field is getting some renovations for the potential season: 

https://twitter.com/YardManTommy/status/1262755782354853891?s=20

I saw a reply to that tweet questioning whether the roof was coming down, but Tommy said he hadn't heard that.  I sure hope the roof stays.   

On 1/17/2020 at 1:45 PM, Titan32 said:

To receive full eligibility...I believe there has to at least be a change of residence for non-athletic reasons.  Otherwise there could be a limited eligibility situation where there would be a 365 day waiting period from the last time the player participated in his or her previous Indiana high school before being able to participate in Varsity athletics at the new school.  I will admit my knowledge about Indiana transfer rules is minimal at best.  There are a few on here who can chime in that know it quite well.

Unfortunately he isn't eligible to play until weeks into basketball season.  My understanding is that unless something changes he will NOT be playing football.  We could use him.  I did hear a rumor floating around that his mom was going to move up here, but I'm not sure why she would do that as she has other kids in school in Evansville.  Who knows....I never looked for him to play football, and frankly we don't need him in basketball, at least last season.  He would be nice to have in basketball next year, but we really need him on the football field.  My understanding is that he has an offer to play football at Missouri Baptist, not sure if that even still stands not playing your senior year.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

The title is top Evansville games to watch. I would assume they will be mentioned in the area games later.

If anyone has a beef it would be Bosse and Harrison who don’t even get a mention for new coaches. 

29 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

The title is top Evansville games to watch. I would assume they will be mentioned in the area games later.

If anyone has a beef it would be Bosse and Harrison who don’t even get a mention for new coaches. 

I would agree with you on Bosse and Harrison, since they weren't mentioned at all. I hope both of the coaches can be successful at the schools. 

4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I was being a little facetious...sometimes I’m too subtle.  Just pumped up about sectional 30 I guess. 😎

15 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I was being a little facetious...sometimes I’m too subtle.  Just pumped up about sectional 30 I guess. 😎

Regardless of the regular season, Lincoln could still win sectional 30. It wouldn’t be the first time an SIAC team with a losing regular season won a 3A sectional.

The expanded SIAC has the potential to win 5 sectionals. I would rank them in order of likelihood:

24- 5/7 teams are SIAC now is most likely 

40 - Mater Dei is a perennial favorite 

15 - Castle/North vs Bloomington schools

30 - Lincoln could repeat

32- Bosse gets to be 3A, but has to face a tough gauntlet 

On 6/22/2020 at 10:03 PM, Titan32 said:I was being a little facetious...sometimes I’m too subtle.  Just pumped up about sectional 30 I guess. 😎

I’m flattered that GS is able to use a VL sectional title as motivation. I really am.

But shouldn’t such a prestigious program as Titan football have it’s sites set higher?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

I’m flattered that GS is able to use a VL sectional title as motivation. I really am.

But shouldn’t such a prestigious program as Titan football have it’s sites set higher?

LMAO...yeah...it's been on the bulletin board all winter!

• Like 2

I must say...all of you, my PAC friends..are why I keep coming back to the GID. 

Maybe one day, the annals of Indiana high school football (post 2012) will include Lincoln amongst the elite. Because, of course, nothing prior to that should be taken into account when measuring a program. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Maybe one day, the annals of Indiana high school football (post 2012) will include Lincoln amongst the elite. Because, of course, nothing prior to that should be taken into account when measuring a program. 

It can be frustrating that HS football fans really really focus on what have you done for me lately, but end the end it's all that matters.  There are more than a couple "tradition rich programs" that have faded in Indiana. "Tradition" in high school football is much like the stock market, past performance doesn't guarantee future results.  That said....had a blast watching the Big 8 from 1974 to 1985.  My memory fades but before an extended downturn in the years following, Gibson Southern was 84-37 in that 11 year period and Lincoln was 57-60...I believe.  I am sure Lincoln will soon return to the glory they had from 1989-2006.  I know the Lincoln fans LOVED coming to watch all those Friday night wins in those days.

I'm really SUPER excited to see what coach Levi Salters can do in the SIAC.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

I think the question is what qualifies a program as “elite?”

To me Memorial has been elite the last 4 years but not anyone else around SW Indiana..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My pre-season ranking. Just wanted to talk about something other than Covid.

1)Central studs all around

2)Castle the defense should be best in SIAC

3) Memorial young but experienced winners 

4)Jasper laid a foundation last year

5) MD young but always well coached 

6) North big loss in Senior class, will be hard to replace

7) Bosse New Coach should be able to improve 

8)Reitz still a year away

9) Harrison young, new coach ..team on the rise

10) Vincennes Lost leading rusher. May take a year to complete with SIAC

11) Boonville ohhh wait they were scared to join...so never mind