Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2020

I didn't see a thread on this, so here we go.

Some notes/predictions: 

-Memorial is the defending 4A state champion/SIAC champion after an amazing run, but loses a ton of seniors 

-Central is also defending its co SIAC championship with Memorial and returns key players

-MD is defending their sectional title, should be a contender for the SIAC

-North will have a winning season 

-Castle will see improvements 

-VL and Jasper will be great opponents in the near future 

-Bosse and Harrison will both continue to struggle in conference play, but hopefully improve 

-Reitz will have some struggles at first, but will overcome 

Not the best notes, but well enough to start a conversation as the conference will have another crazy year 

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2020 at 7:28 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’ll take a lesson learned from this last year. 

it’s memorial until it isn’t anymore 😂

I wouldn't be surprise if we somehow made it out of sectionals again lol. I wasn't even sure last year!

Edited by TigerFan20

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Some major SIAC news, Central's QB Cam Banks has transferred and enrolled at Heritage Hills. Cam Banks started in 1 game this past year against THS

Banks wants to play QB. Wasn’t going to happen at Central. That job is secured for the next 3 seasons. HH is getting a tremendous athlete. Interesting he was kicked off basketball team. Obviously an athletic transfer. Can’t wait to see how the state rules on his eligibility. 

Edited by Screagle

5 hours ago, Screagle said:

Banks wants to play QB. Wasn’t going to happen at Central. That job is secured for the next 3 seasons. HH is getting a tremendous athlete. Interesting he was kicked off basketball team. Obviously an athletic transfer. Can’t wait to see how the state rules on his eligibility. 

Central will have to release him for him to be eligible? 

17 hours ago, Screagle said:

I know nothing about this kid or the situation at Central, but being kicked off of a team is obviously very concerning.  It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out.  The last thing anyone wants is a situation similar to the "Hopf drama".

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Screagle said:

If HH can get the kid to buy-in to TEAM you’ve h gotten a difference maker in two sports. I’m not aware of why he was kicked-off other than after about 4 games he was dismissed by coach walker.  

Does that put HH as a huge front runner for the Big School PAC champs. I would think it would.

To receive full eligibility...I believe there has to at least be a change of residence for non-athletic reasons.  Otherwise there could be a limited eligibility situation where there would be a 365 day waiting period from the last time the player participated in his or her previous Indiana high school before being able to participate in Varsity athletics at the new school.  I will admit my knowledge about Indiana transfer rules is minimal at best.  There are a few on here who can chime in that know it quite well.

29 minutes ago, Sacked said:

Why would a backup quarterback from Central make Heritage Hills the front runner? 

Actually started QB then moved to DB after week 2. Also plays WR. Talented QB that struggled with leadership skills from QB position. If HH can get this kid on same page he is a difference maker. Arguably the best athlete at Central and one of the top 2-sport athletes in SIAC. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Does that put HH as a huge front runner for the Big School PAC champs. I would think it would.

One player wont make us front runner we graduated 11 starters on offense and 9 on defense.  We return starting DE Jordan Mitchel , Adam Guth who was the punter and started about half the season at DB and was in the rotation at WR/TE and also return both kickers.

Don't count us out but I imagine the Titans followed by Boonville are the favorites .

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

I'm interested to see how VL and Jasper handle the overall physicality of a full SIAC slate. Not saying they can't/won't compete on a weekly basis, but the toll on the body will be a little different than that of a Big 8 schedule. 

In terms of physicality the Big 8 in my opinion was far more physical. SIAC more talented no doubt, but you can't tell me Bosse or Harrison is more physical than Mount Vernon or Boonville. 

1 hour ago, PantherBall20 said:

In terms of physicality the Big 8 in my opinion was far more physical. SIAC more talented no doubt, but you can't tell me Bosse or Harrison is more physical than Mount Vernon or Boonville. 

And ironically those to games might be the only 2 wins Vincennes has this season.  But then there is sectional 30 to look forward to.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PantherBall20 said:

Well, Bosse and Harrison were the 7th & 8th place teams in the SIAC compared to Mt. Vernon and Boonville being 2nd and 3rd in the Big 8.  We played both Jasper and Boonville and I would not characterize either as being "far more" physical than anyone in the SIAC except Harrison.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tango said:

Well, Bosse and Harrison were the 7th & 8th place teams in the SIAC compared to Mt. Vernon and Boonville being 2nd and 3rd in the Big 8.  We played both Jasper and Boonville and I would not characterize either as being "far more" physical than anyone in the SIAC except Harrison.    

I understand your point. I was thinking more in a historical context. Looking at past 5-10 years I personally give the physicality nod to the Big 8. 

14 hours ago, Screagle said:

Top to bottom the SIAC is more physical, more athletic, and more talented than any conference in SW Indiana. Not close. 

Agreed.... it’s the same argument every year.  Really,  people just need to understand that the top of each conference can generally compete with other teams in the top of their conference with exceptions here and there. One exception being 2018 memorial was just a league above everyone until they played WL in an absolute thriller of a game. 

there are others but it’s really only super special teams that only come around once in a while.

on the topic of 2020. I think VL and jasper likely finish mid table.  They win a few games they lose some. Won’t be the best won’t be the worst.  Definitely think they will surprise 1 or 2 teams and pull an “upset”....but also maybe lose a game we all think they should have walked away with.  

I personally believe we will see something like this last season in which nobody goes undefeated and overall it’s a pretty competitive conference.  If I had to guess now I would say memorial +1 other team will be 8-1 entering sectionals