Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2020 a new beginning

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I guess I hadn't thought about Heritage Hills keeping TC on the schedule.  Would love to have been a fly on the wall in the room for that discussion.

Care to elaborate? Seems like a lifetime ago that we went thru conference re-alignment if you will, can't remember all the drama.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 10:52 AM, Titan32 said:

I guess I hadn't thought about Heritage Hills keeping TC on the schedule.  Would love to have been a fly on the wall in the room for that discussion.

Coach mentioned in the paper that there are few options in the area with the expanded SIAC and also that it would be his preference to play possible post season opponents instead of out of state opponents.

I would guess eventually either North Posey or Tell City will be replaced but that's only a guess. Our Junior and Senior classes have some talent but not deep and the freshman class struggled with numbers and on the field . Been told 5th, 6th,7th and 8th are all really strong and the sophomore class is strong as well so we should be back to being a major contender again by 2022 if not before.  

That said I still think we win between 6-8 regular season games in 2020 despite replacing 9 starters on defense and 11 on offense, Our JV and Freshman teams both had pretty good seasons in 2019. 

nv.JPG

3 hours ago, DaveMosbey said:

I would guess eventually either North Posey or Tell City will be replaced but that's only a guess.

I interviewed at TC yesterday for their head coaching job (which will not be going to me incase you were wondering) and their AD said TC and HH not playing was never discussed and he doesn't see them ever not being on the schedule.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JQWL said:

I interviewed at TC yesterday for their head coaching job (which will not be going to me incase you were wondering) and their AD said TC and HH not playing was never discussed and he doesn't see them ever not being on the schedule.

If they dropped one in the future my guess would be North Posey because Tell City is one of those opponents that draw a huge student crowd  by the visiting team. Football and Basketball I would say the teams that draw the most students are Jasper, Southridge, Forest Park, South Spencer and Tell City and two of those teams are off the football schedule already.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Have to think this is a good hire for TC football, wonder if he will employ more of a spread attack like he had as OC at SS and as they run at Owensboro? TC returns A LOT of players and have an opportunity to have a very good year, felt Coach Clements had them going in a good direction. Expect coach Webb to continue that and TC to compete for the small school conference title. 

8 hours ago, Cappy said:

Have to think this is a good hire for TC football, wonder if he will employ more of a spread attack like he had as OC at SS and as they run at Owensboro? TC returns A LOT of players and have an opportunity to have a very good year, felt Coach Clements had them going in a good direction. Expect coach Webb to continue that and TC to compete for the small school conference title. 

If I’m not mistaken- I believe the Red Devils of Owensboro run more of an option attack similar to what TC has employed the last couple of years. Probably a big factor in the hiring process I assume. Believe it’s Owensboro Catholic that spreads it around

9 hours ago, jets said:

If I’m not mistaken- I believe the Red Devils of Owensboro run more of an option attack similar to what TC has employed the last couple of years. Probably a big factor in the hiring process I assume. Believe it’s Owensboro Catholic that spreads it around

I think you’re right. Owensboro has a fantastic dual threat QB in Gavin Wimsatt so it would make sense if they ran more option plays.  

he has numerous D1 offers from Vandy to TCU to Kentucky.

provided that we are allowed to attend games, I’ll be attending the August 28th matchup between the two teams and especially at the QB position.

I’m suppose to be excited that my friends are getting married and that I will be visiting from Wisconsin...but idk. I’m pretty excited to potentially see this matchup between Owensboro and Gibson Southern 😂

9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think you’re right. Owensboro has a fantastic dual threat QB in Gavin Wimsatt so it would make sense if they ran more option plays.  

he has numerous D1 offers from Vandy to TCU to Kentucky.

provided that we are allowed to attend games, I’ll be attending the August 28th matchup between the two teams and especially at the QB position.

I’m suppose to be excited that my friends are getting married and that I will be visiting from Wisconsin...but idk. I’m pretty excited to potentially see this matchup between Owensboro and Gibson Southern 😂

Edit: “and especially at the QB position” is suppose to be on the last paragraph.  Don’t know what happened but I missed the time out on the edit. Whoops

10 hours ago, jets said:

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think you’re right. Owensboro has a fantastic dual threat QB in Gavin Wimsatt

You may be correct but I watched most of Gavins mid season highlights and saw him under center once. Almost entirely 4 wide shotgun sets and his mid season stats were 1000+ yds passing and 131 yds rushing. Tell City QB last year in 10 games threw for 475 yds. When I saw Tell City play they used a full back pretty often. 

I was told that one of the concerns with going outside of the program was having to change what they started having success with last year. Meaning the option attack they used, it was my understanding that Coach Webb was expected to have a different offense. 

5 hours ago, Cappy said:

You may be correct but I watched most of Gavins mid season highlights and saw him under center once. Almost entirely 4 wide shotgun sets and his mid season stats were 1000+ yds passing and 131 yds rushing. Tell City QB last year in 10 games threw for 475 yds. When I saw Tell City play they used a full back pretty often. 

I was told that one of the concerns with going outside of the program was having to change what they started having success with last year. Meaning the option attack they used, it was my understanding that Coach Webb was expected to have a different offense. 

From the article, "Although he joked social distancing might force them to be a spread team, Webb feels the flexbone offense Tell City ran in the past fits the system and the personality of the community. He plans to meet with the coaching staff soon and reaching out to a handful of players."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

From the article, "Although he joked social distancing might force them to be a spread team, Webb feels the flexbone offense Tell City ran in the past fits the system and the personality of the community. He plans to meet with the coaching staff soon and reaching out to a handful of players."

Thanks I missed that, fits what they have coming back and as a former O-lineman I'm sure he (coach Webb) likes a little ground and pound!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...