Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2020 a new beginning

13 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Do we know anything about them Mr. 32?  

Not Mr or 32 but last year they went 6-4 losing in the sectional to some team named New Palestine 35-7. The finished 2019 with a Sagarin rating of 50 in the state for comparision GS finished 72. Should be a good match up depending on who they graduated.

Edited by Cappy

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/history.php?media=&team=

Were conference champs in 14 and 15 and made it to regional in those years as well.

Yea I looked them up on Max Preps.  Not sure how up to date the roster is but they are only showing 39-40 players.  The QB is 6"2" 210 lbs. he may be a load to pull down.  Hey I'm glad they were able to get someone.  Thank you to both you and Cappy.  See you tonight Mike and I got tickets.      

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Not Mr or 32 but last year they went 6-4 losing in the sectional to some team named New Palestine 35-7. The finished 2019 with a Sagarin rating of 50 in the state for comparision GS finished 72. Should be a good match up depending on who they graduated.

Return 8 starters on offense and 7 on defense.  Looks like a really good run heavy team.  Lost to New Pal 35-7 in the post season last year.  Return 3 of 4 DL.  They beat Mooresville 17-13 last year and Memorial beat Mooresville 17-14 in the regional last year.

Edited by Titan32

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Return 8 starters on offense and 7 on defense.  Looks like a really good run heavy team.  Lost to New Pal 35-7 in the post season last year.  Return 3 of 4 DL.

May sound odd but playing last years New Pal team and only losing by 4 scores was an accomplishment, only Center Grove, Whiteland, Cathedral, and Valpo did that...

45 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Return 8 starters on offense and 7 on defense.  Looks like a really good run heavy team.  Lost to New Pal 35-7 in the post season last year.  Return 3 of 4 DL.  They beat Mooresville 17-13 last year and Memorial beat Mooresville 17-14 in the regional last year.

That's how we improve and continue to get better week by week.  I know it's old news but playing a tougher schedule will/should pay off come the tournament.  Winning games where the starters are on the bench the entire second half isn't a good thing.     

13 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

I just noticed Princeton is ranked #15 in 3A.  Was not expecting to see that.  Am I crazy thinking they only win 3 games this year?

Which three? 

image.png.b4f664e5ac2431fd8ab6f91d7fa13225.png

Edited by Cappy

37 minutes ago, Sacked said:

After 4 games, Princeton may have a better record than GS. 

Looks like that’s what their schedule is built for.

46 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Phalen-SS-Washington and maybe FP tonight.  So maybe 4.  Just my opinion which isn't much.  

Forest Park should beat them.

2 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

I just noticed Princeton is ranked #15 in 3A.  Was not expecting to see that.  Am I crazy thinking they only win 3 games this year?

And will still be one of the favorites to win vaunted Sectional 31 🙄🙄

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gahoosierfan said:

It looks like Boonville and Mt Vernon may have PAC top dogs like GS, HH, and Southridge looking over their shoulders. This should be interesting. Also Tell City may enter into this conversation. 

I mean. I don’t think GS is particularly concerned with those 2 right now at all. Focused on Whiteland first 

Surprised to see HH lose. 

expected boon to win big though 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

20 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I mean. I don’t think GS is particularly concerned with those 2 right now at all. Focused on Whiteland first 

Surprised to see HH lose. 

expected boon to win big though 

One game at a time for the coaches and the team.  As fans we can and always look ahead, GS percentage is high of going 1-3 in the first four games.  It doesn't get any easier starting with Southridge game 5.  We shall see how this plays out for everyone.  

3 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Lightning delayed for over hour and half, refs called it, play tonight at 7

Good luck Cappy and thank you.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

One game at a time for the coaches and the team.  As fans we can and always look ahead, GS percentage is high of going 1-3 in the first four games.  It doesn't get any easier starting with Southridge game 5.  We shall see how this plays out for everyone.  

Good luck Cappy and thank you.  

Some could argue whether it was smart or not for Gibson to schedule the games they have.  What you can't argue is they have the stones to actually schedule and play those teams.  There are many coaches who shy away from competition, get uneasy about scheduling teams that might put a loss next to his name.  Scheduling a team like CN is debatable.  What is not, is they had the guts to do it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Some could argue whether it was smart or not for Gibson to schedule the games they have.  What you can't argue is they have the stones to actually schedule and play those teams.  There are many coaches who shy away from competition, get uneasy about scheduling teams that might put a loss next to his name.  Scheduling a team like CN is debatable.  What is not, is they had the guts to do it. 

Agreed. 

im not too worried about the boys though. The team absolutely has the confidence in that they can compete for a 3A title. Take the loss, learn from it, get better. 

I would definitely be worried had we lost by a larger margin and had been sloppy. But having shown we could move the offense vs CN that bodes very well for when we get into conference and sectional play. 

Whiteland is going to be interesting...they appear to be the 5A equivalent of a Southridge or Brownstown central with all the motion and running they do. Tall task considering we allowed 395 rushing yards last night 

4 hours ago, gahoosierfan said:

It looks like Boonville and Mt Vernon may have PAC top dogs like GS, HH, and Southridge looking over their shoulders. This should be interesting. Also Tell City may enter into this conversation. 

Maybe I missed something. What about Boonville would cause GS, HH, or SR to be looking over their shoulders? Boonville won big against Washington last night. But they have not lost to Washington for over 10 years, and they usually win big. Boonville was 5-5 last year and lost to Linton who Southridge beat. Both Gibson Southern and Heritage Hills beat Southridge last year. Maybe Boonville beats all three of them this year. But just what have they done that would cause GS, HH, or SR to be looking over their shoulders?

• Like 1