Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sad Death in Linton

I know it's possibly not something to make a topic of... but I know he was a member here are one point, prolly still was.  He was an assistant for a while as well at Linton.  But mainly he was a lifelong friend of mine, my partner in the radio booth for many years of Linton Football... including both those losses to Ritter in semi state...  both his sons were Miner standouts.. Josh thru 2008 and Tyler thru 2016 winning the state in 1A.  He was a fixture at all sporting events in Linton... but football was his love.  He had been running the scoreboard at the Roy in Linton these last couple years.  He himself was a terrific athlete at QB and RB thru 1983 taking the Miners to new levels that really set Linton into a football mentality.  I know a lot of football coaches and former players in the area will know him...  Unfortunately, he was found deceased in his cabin after not showing up for work.  Apparently heart related.   He loved his kids, loved Linton Football...    Godspeed to you  John Paul Meurer. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Prayers to his family and the Linton-Stockton community. 2016 had to be a great moment for he and his family. I'm glad he got to see that as many people aren't that lucky.