Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Show Recommendations:

Coach Nowlin

I tried searching OOB for a thread like this:  thought there was one, but if so, sorry, if not, ok here is one.  

I know I am probably late again to the party, but me and Mrs. Coach Nowlin on a recommendation of one of her work pals suggested BROADCHURCH on Netflix

We crushed 1st two seasons in like 8 days.   Haven't started season 3 yet, British Crime Show, I guess it has some real high end British named people in it.   VERY VERY GOOD.   

Some recommended series/shows that I am currently viewing or have viewed over the last several months:

The Witcher:  Netflix

The Expanse:  Amazon Prime

The Man in the High Castle: Amazon Prime

Mindhunter: Netflix

The Mandalorian: Disney+

The Outsider: HBO

Watchmen:  HBO

Chernobyl: HBO

Succession:  HBO

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel:  Amazon Prime (admittedly more liked by my spouse, but I'll watch with her on occasion)

On the horizon:

Westworld, season 3:  HBO 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I tried searching OOB for a thread like this:  thought there was one, but if so, sorry, if not, ok here is one.  

I know I am probably late again to the party, but me and Mrs. Coach Nowlin on a recommendation of one of her work pals suggested BROADCHURCH on Netflix

We crushed 1st two seasons in like 8 days.   Haven't started season 3 yet, British Crime Show, I guess it has some real high end British named people in it.   VERY VERY GOOD.   

Hanna is also good. I binge watched Season 1 on Amazon Prime over Christmas Break.

• Like 1

I flipped from Playstation Vue to you tube tv last month as Vue is being discontinued in 2 weeks I believe, I haven't re upped my HBO yet because of that, but need to ASAP.   

Couldn't believe how hooked we both were in Broadchurch, we watch it with the closed captioning on as all British cast, sometimes hard to hear what they say, but way easier then Peaky Binders

MUDA:  MINDHUNTER WAS SO SO GOOD :   I had never heard of the Atlanta kid killer until watching the last season 

As stated above, because of the HBO situation of my laziness, I hadn't finished season 2 of Succession, thankfully UNITED AIRS has a tremendous library on the plane, so I crushed last 4 episodes on my across the pond, then watched movies on the way back:  

Brian Banks   A+

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood:  Classic Tartino, loved it.  Brad Pitt was excellent 

Then oddly, got into a Mission Impossible kick, watching MI 3 and MI 5,  came home watched MI 2 HORRID:  John Woo slow motion karate nonsense was awful, JJ Abrams in MI3 was stellar.   I blame the MI series on the United Air policy of allowing 2 Stella's at a time until my kid goes.... that is your 7th..... I go still got 4 more hours honey..... then I got the look from Mrs......so you know what that meant. 

• Like 1

Ares on Netflix ...

Not for the faint of heart.  Eight episodes of roughly 30 minutes each ... will take about four hours to binge the first season.

I find this YouTube channel interesting:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA

Also watched The Report  on Amazon Prime video over the weekend.  From the description: 

"An idealistic Senate staffer leads an investigation into the CIA’s post-9/11 Detention and Interrogation Program. A relentless pursuit of the truth uncovers explosive findings and the lengths to which a brutal secret was hidden from the American public. This riveting thriller is based on actual events and a bi-partisan approved, Senate Intelligence Investigation and Report."

24 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I find this YouTube channel interesting:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA

Also watched The Report  on Amazon Prime video over the weekend.  From the description: 

"An idealistic Senate staffer leads an investigation into the CIA’s post-9/11 Detention and Interrogation Program. A relentless pursuit of the truth uncovers explosive findings and the lengths to which a brutal secret was hidden from the American public. This riveting thriller is based on actual events and a bi-partisan approved, Senate Intelligence Investigation and Report."

I watched this a couple of weeks ago, interesting.

On 1/16/2020 at 3:02 PM, Muda69 said:

Some recommended series/shows that I am currently viewing or have viewed over the last several months:

The Witcher:  Netflix   Interested - will watch

The Expanse:  Amazon Prime  Haven't seen the previews

The Man in the High Castle: Amazon Prime  Interesting - will watch

Mindhunter: Netflix  Maybe

The Mandalorian: Disney+  Watched the entire series - worth it for any Star Wars fans

The Outsider: HBO  Not interested

Watchmen:  HBO  Not interested

Chernobyl: HBO  Watched this series - recommend it.

Succession:  HBO  

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel:  Amazon Prime (admittedly more liked by my spouse, but I'll watch with her on occasion)  Watched the entire series - not bad.

On the horizon:

Westworld, season 3:  HBO 

Also watching The Crown......

The Walking Dead.

I'll show myself out.

I was looking for something over the Christmas Break and binged Weeds on Netflix.

It did get redundant at times, but it was a funny and well made show.

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I would love to do the WWII tour in Europe. Now all I have to do is save a gazillion dollars and free up a couple of weeks. Hopefully in July so I can catch a mountain top finish in the Tour de France. Knock off two bucket list items. 

Might as well plan on the whole summer and knock 3 off.

https://www.senategrandprix.com/combined-packages?gclid=CjwKCAiA1L_xBRA2EiwAgcLKA0P-aw8NRH_fKwZd6dqLwgQqLL6q0ZDrGbeg1UEZnqJvg_JaI-5g0xoCoEIQAvD_BwE

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...