Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Offers #RecruitIndiana

D8B12B8C-D706-47F0-8A1E-EAD7A8B71897.thumb.jpeg.9a68258e977ddb27c54ecc92515b563c.jpeg

As a Wisconsin Native and resident this makes me so freaking happy seeing a QB from my high school get this offer. 

Wisconsin is a great school for a QB.  Guaranteed to have a good OL to protect you and a good RB to keep things balanced and the defense guessing. 

#OnWisconsin 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

D8B12B8C-D706-47F0-8A1E-EAD7A8B71897.thumb.jpeg.9a68258e977ddb27c54ecc92515b563c.jpeg

As a Wisconsin Native and resident this makes me so freaking happy seeing a QB from my high school get this offer. 

Wisconsin is a great school for a QB.  Guaranteed to have a good OL to protect you and a good RB to keep things balanced and the defense guessing. 

#OnWisconsin 

Absolutely.  The Badgers are my second favorite team, albeit a distant second, in the B1G.  Camp Randall is an amazing stadium and Madison is an awesome college town.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 12:56 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

#OnWisconsin 

If you want to throw it 6 times a game to below avg receivers it's a fantastic school for a QB. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

If you want to throw it 6 times a game to below avg receivers it's a fantastic school for a QB. 

Lol that’s what people think but Wisconsin historically doesn’t land top recruits at QB.  Over the last 10 years or so...if a QB starts all games for them (so 12-14) they finish usually with 2400-2800 yards on about 320 ish attempts...which is about 22 attempts per game on 14 games played. 

Graham Mertz though...he was a top 5 QB recruit.  The reason hornibrook transferred to FSU was because he thought Mertz would come in as a fresh and play. But it was Coan. 

I would expect to be surprised this upcoming season in just how pass happy wisconsin becomes. Ground game will still be great but watch what happens when there is a high level recruit behind one of the best OLs year in and year out. 

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Lol that’s what people think but Wisconsin historically doesn’t land top recruits at QB.  Over the last 10 years or so...if a QB starts all games for them (so 12-14) they finish usually with 2400-2800 yards on about 320 ish attempts...which is about 22 attempts per game on 14 games played. 

Graham Mertz though...he was a top 5 QB recruit.  The reason hornibrook transferred to FSU was because he thought Mertz would come in as a fresh and play. But it was Coan. 

I would expect to be surprised this upcoming season in just how pass happy wisconsin becomes. Ground game will still be great but watch what happens when there is a high level recruit behind one of the best OLs year in and year out. 

After he sees Micheal Penix throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs against Wisconsin next season, he’ll be even more interested in Indiana. Jeff Brohms offense will be appealing to. Jack Coan is decent but Wisky will always be run dominant.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Over the last two years.. Indiana has thrown it 14 more times per game than Wisconsin has and has completed about 2.5% more passes than UW. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

CG's Austin Booker to date....19 D1 offers....Conferences to include Big 10, Big 12, ACC, PAC 10, SEC, AAC and MAC

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Austin-Booker-132927/RecruitInterests/

IMO CG's Caden Curry will have more offers (barring we have a season) by this time next year. The Trojans have two of the best defensive lineman in the Midwest. 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

#OnWisconsin 

Camp Randall is awesome!!!

#jumparound

15 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

After he sees Micheal Penix throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs against Wisconsin next season, he’ll be even more interested in Indiana. Jeff Brohms offense will be appealing to. Jack Coan is decent but Wisky will always be run dominant.

I have to agree if I was a QB...brohm makes a really appealing case.  Just needs to keep the recruits coming and the results will be there.  Purdue has been fun to watch...even when the wins are not there 

side note....highly unlikely coan is the starter this upcoming season imo 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

50 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

The percentage of passes completed. If that guy stays healthy next season, he might be 1st team All Big Ten. He’s ridiculously good.

I'm a season ticket holder, I know. 

17 hours ago, Gipper said:

They just need to turn the ball over less.

Who