Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Dwenger loses another assistant. Win for Heritage.

Unless the reader is paying for a subscription for the online news service from the Journal Gazette, it will be impossible to see the article you've referenced. That being stated, you may locate it from the online source 'Outside The Huddle'.   LINK:   https://outsidethehuddle.net/2020/01/22/casey-kolkman-returning-to-acac-sidelines-as-new-head-football-coach-at-heritage/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

Unless the reader is paying for a subscription for the online news service from the Journal Gazette, it will be impossible to see the article you've referenced. That being stated, you may locate it from the online source 'Outside The Huddle'.   LINK:   https://outsidethehuddle.net/2020/01/22/casey-kolkman-returning-to-acac-sidelines-as-new-head-football-coach-at-heritage/

Thank you.  I don't pay anything and it shows up.  Interesting.  Thank you for the heads up for whenever I do lose the freebie.  So Dwenger loses both DC and OC?  Probably not a problem.  

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/kolkman-to-lead-alma-mater-as-head-football-coach-at-heritage/

35 minutes ago, Robert said:

Thank you.  I don't pay anything and it shows up.  Interesting.  Thank you for the heads up for whenever I do lose the freebie.  So Dwenger loses both DC and OC?  Probably not a problem.  

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/kolkman-to-lead-alma-mater-as-head-football-coach-at-heritage/

Showed up for me also. As did all other stories on the site I clicked on. Each one did bring up an advertisement to subscribe, but that could be closed and the article still readable.

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Showed up for me also. As did all other stories on the site I clicked on. Each one did bring up an advertisement to subscribe, but that could be closed and the article still readable.

When attempting to open the article, a large subscription request pop-up window covers over the article, and there is no large 'X' to close it.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:27 PM, statmurp_10 said:

When attempting to open the article, a large subscription request pop-up window covers over the article, and there is no large 'X' to close it.

must depend on how you access it

2 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Dwenger will keep moving. OC leaving was a blessing. DC will hurt a little bit. Best of luck to him at Heritage.

And in your opinion, what was wrong with Coach Mark Watts? He had an extensive experience at every level of high school football coaching, and that is one of the reasons Coach Garrett had asked him to be the OC for two seasons. Yes he was very 'old school' in his ways, but he wasn't flashy, and was very down to earth in his football coaching philosophy. Plus the players liked him a lot.

Edited by statmurp_10

8 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

And in your opinion, what was wrong with Coach Mark Watts? He had an extensive experience at every level of high school football coaching, and that is one of the reasons Coach Garrett had asked him to be the OC for two seasons. Yes he was very 'old school' in his ways, but he wasn't flashy, and was very down to earth in his football coaching philosophy. Plus the players liked him a lot.

Like you said it is my opinion. But I can say this, he was to conservative in his play calling at times. Clock management was an issue. There was several time the QB was screaming at him to get the play in. Very noticeable during the Concordia game when nobody was there at 11pm. I feel the Valpo game was on his shoulders. We knew the weakness of Valpo but didn't go to it untill second half. Hell even the PA announcer pointed out the fact of one of our mistakes when he forgot to turn mic off. He was way to predictable his second season. His first year he did well but nobody new his style.  Like I said this is my opinion. 

Edited by Mebuck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, southend said:

Are you saying this is a win for Heritage because of the change of coaches? Or because Kolkman is the best for the job. I know Nico wasn’t getting the job done.  

Of course, because I think the new coach has a good track record.  I have no idea who else applied.  His teams were fun to watch at two different places.  Strictly as a fan.  I'd hate to ask the same thing of the Bulldogs.  Looks rude.  

32 minutes ago, Robert said:

Of course, because I think the new coach has a good track record.  I have no idea who else applied.  His teams were fun to watch at two different places.  Strictly as a fan.  I'd hate to ask the same thing of the Bulldogs.  Looks rude.  

Ok,Asking You a specific question looks rude? Is that what you mean? I’m not as qualified as you to discern. Just requesting info.  

42 minutes ago, southend said:

Ok,Asking You a specific question looks rude? Is that what you mean? I’m not as qualified as you to discern. Just requesting info.  

The part about a coach not getting the job done.  If you're at New Haven, you're far more qualified than I am.  I left EACS long ago.  I can only look at the talent and the W-L.

Edited by Robert
Pulled the rudeness out.