Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Fishers Job

24 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

I'm shocked this job is still open. Great area, great conference, tradition(1 state championship).  Am I missing something here?

Teaching opening?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 1:57 PM, Knightmare said:

I would like to applaud Noblesville and Fishers for making hires of guys who run a unique and different offense.  Can't wait to see how it transitions to the HCC

I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with these 2 coaches. What do they run offensively?

11 hours ago, JQWL said:

I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with these 2 coaches. What do they run offensively?

Coach Funk at Mississinewa ran multiple offensive packages.  He built the program back up to where they have been ranked consistently since 2015 season.  He won 2 Sectionals in the last 3 years.  One of the few coach's that have a winning record against Eastbrook's long time coach Jeff Adamson.  He is big on weight room.  He also encourages players to be multi sport athletes.  He also did 2 different stints as wrestling coach at Mississinewa.    At Mississinewa he ran a spread offense and is a mastermind on shutting down wing-T offenses.  He has coached at least 1 player since 2016 that played in the North-South Game.  Loves a big offensive line.  Mississinewa's line in 2016 averaged around 280lbs, would have been more but the center was 215 who happened to be the #1 long snapper as a Junior in the Nation in one of the ranking systems.  His offense scores a lot of points and I mean a lot of points.  Typically had at multiple games  a year where 60 plus was scored, even against very good teams.   He adapts offense to the talent of his players.  The offense package at Mississinewa had well over 200 different plays that could be used.  Runs mostly no huddle offense.  Against Marion this year in the sectional final put up over 400 yards rushing with 300 being by 1 player.  He will run a Wildcat offense when needed.  Fishers has hired a very good coach.  Mississinewa hates to lose him but he deserves a big program like Fishers.  Good Hire Fishers.  I would guess that Mississinewa and Fishers will do some summer scrimmages. 

To learn more about his style of play look up the games on youtube on TribeTv which is the student ran TV station at Mississinewa.  They recorded all the home games and presented them live.  They also do road games if the wifi at the host school was good enough.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fishers is getting one hell of a coach and an even better person.  Coach Nowlin couldn't have been more correct when he said that "Coach Funk easily one of the best guys in the state!!"  I was on his staff when he first started coaching at Mississinewa after serving as an assistant at Mooresville.  He completely turned the culture of the program at Mississinewa around.  Prior to Funk's arrival in Gas City, Mississinewa was known as an undisciplined team that would always have a few personal foul calls against them .  It took him a few years, but he turned the program into a team known for high powered offenses that played with discipline.  HIs defenses were pretty good too!  For the longest time, the Central Indiana Conference was dominated by Eastbrook and coach Jeff Adamson.  After Coach Funk's arrival, the CIC title alternated between Eastbrook and Mississinewa.  

Coach Funk is a man of character that truly cares about his players and team.  He has a wonderful, supporting family who have represented the Mississinewa community with class.  This is a huge loss for Mississinewa but a great hire for Fishers.  The HCC is big step up from the CIC, but I know that Coach Funk will be up for the challenge and will continue to put hardware in Fishers trophy case.  

I think it's awesome that Coach Funk will play every year against Avon and coach Mark Bless, who he coached under at Mooresville.  Coach Funk has the utmost respect for Coach Bless.  It will be fun watching them coach against each other.  

Kudos to Fisher for a great hire.  I know that it was very hard for Coach Funk to leave Mississinewa, but this is a great opportunity for him and his family.  I wish him nothing but the best at Fishers.  Thank you Coach Funk for all that you've done for Mississinewa.  

• Like 5