Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Andy Hape steps down at Reitz

12 minutes ago, SouthernFan said:

That is 3 of the 5 public schools in Evansville this year, this has to be a first in Evansville history

Gibson Southern grad Joey Paridean is now the longest tenured head coach at Evansville public school (North)

20 minutes ago, DT said:

Which is the better job?

Reitz or GS?

Many different ways to look at this.... Historically most everyone would say Reitz is a better job. As they currently sit, many would consider the GS job to be better. From my perspective, the community at GS seems to be more forgiving of any shortcomings that may occur whereas the people on the hill have extremely high expectations with little forgiveness. Reitz job would present the highest ceiling in my opinion but may currently have the lower floor. 

Can't wait to start hearing rumors on who is applying for this job. With Reitz bowl, facilities, history, huge booster club, rivalries and high expectations Reitz would be my dream job if I was a Head Coach. Obviously not everyone will see it that way 

1 hour ago, DT said:

Which is the better job?

Reitz or GS?

Curious as to why GS HC job would be in the same sentence as Reitz?  HH has been to state a couple times and Memorial has 3 years in a row and 5 of last 12. .neither of them would be close to as good as Reitz HC job.  JMO. 

Edited by Screagle

4 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Curious as to why GS HC job would be in the same sentence as Reitz?  HH has been to state a couple times and Memorial has 3 years in a row and 5 of last 12. .neither of them would be close to as good as Reitz HC job.  JMO. 

I won't argue either way.  But I can tell you there are at least a half a dozen factors I would look at if I were going into a Coaching job and the most attractive thing about Reitz is only 1 of those.  No doubt Reitz will be a great opportunity for someone.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Reitz is a better job when it comes to winning a state championship.  4A is wide open right now, and honestly it might be an easier path than the 3A playoffs.

4A sectional and regionals more difficult.  Semi-state a wash, 3A state more difficult. All based on the last few seasons with realignment and success factor.  

• Like 1

Any chance a former Panther that did a good job at Harrison and now Mt Vernon would have a shot? I can’t see Hart leaving GS with QB in place for a deep run. 

Crazy that 3 HC jobs are available. Not sure Harrison and Bosse will have a lot of applicants. I could be wrong. I can see Reitz attracting a large number of candidates. 

15 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I won't argue either way.  But I can tell you there are at least a half a dozen factors I would look at if I were going into a Coaching job and the most attractive thing about Reitz is only 1 of those.  No doubt Reitz will be a great opportunity for someone.

I think it would be very easy to make an argument that a more desirable job would be one of the private schools in Evansville or one of the successful area public schools. 

3 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Any in-house guys qualified for the job?

I'm sure they have at least one that could be deemed qualified, I would suspect that they will look for a big name from outside the current staff first.

Edited by Cappy

The reason I asked is because it appears as if the Reitz program has declined in recent years while GS is on a rapid upward trajectory

Are expectations amongst the Reitz fan base realistic given the improved programs we are seeing in the SIAC?

Is Reitz still getting its usual fair share of talent or are some of the other schools making deeper inroads?

Is the Reitz feeder system producing?

Does reitz have a high quality staff in place?

It's not impossible that Hart could have a better football team at GS than Reitz will have in 2020

17 minutes ago, DT said:

The reason I asked is because it appears as if the Reitz program has declined in recent years while GS is on a rapid upward trajectory

Are expectations amongst the Reitz fan base realistic given the improved programs we are seeing in the SIAC?

Is Reitz still getting its usual fair share of talent or are some of the other schools making deeper inroads?

It's not impossible that Hart could have a better football team at GS than Reitz will have in 2020

Reitz is just two years removed from being SIAC champions, I expect them to be in the mix next year with a good hire.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DT said:

I think losing two kids that played all the way through Reitz feeder program really hurt the last 2 - 3 seasons. And it really benefited Central.