Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Andy Hape steps down at Reitz

I would think that with Gibson Southerns new schedule a big pull to reitz is nullified.  

Week 0 scrimmage vs central

Week 1 Columbus north

Week 2 owensboro senior 

Week 4 Southport

Week 5 Southridge 

Week 6 Heritage Hills 

Week 8 Princeton

Week 9 Boonville 

I’m not sure it can get much better than that for SW Indiana.  The media already covers GS more than what it probably deserves.  There is nothing to be gained by making the move unless distance from home/alma mater is very important to Hart.

reitz fans may oooo and ahhh at a hire like that but recognition won’t change much.  everyone in the state knows who GIbson Southern is and the names to know....and that’s in large part because of Coach Hart.  

with all that said...I personally wouldn’t be surprised if some of the assistants to Hart were interviewed.  It’s been said here before that Gibson Southern has really become Reitz South

12 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I would think that with Gibson Southerns new schedule a big pull to reitz is nullified.  

Week 0 scrimmage vs central

Week 1 Columbus north

Week 2 owensboro senior 

Week 4 Southport

Week 5 Southridge 

Week 6 Heritage Hills 

Week 8 Princeton

Week 9 Boonville 

I’m not sure it can get much better than that for SW Indiana.  The media already covers GS more than what it probably deserves.  There is nothing to be gained by making the move unless distance from home/alma mater is very important to Hart.

reitz fans may oooo and ahhh at a hire like that but recognition won’t change much.  everyone in the state knows who GIbson Southern is and the names to know....and that’s in large part because of Coach Hart.  

with all that said...I personally wouldn’t be surprised if some of the assistants to Hart were interviewed.  It’s been said here before that Gibson Southern has really become Reitz South

I noticed you left Mt. Vernon and Washington off your schedule but included Princeton? 

2 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I see Reitz football is challenging IU basketball for most unreasonable fan bases.  

Good thing MD and EM didn’t replace Goebel or Hurley after their first losing season. 

Off topic but how many more years does Goebel got in him?

Edited by Cappy

4 hours ago, Cappy said:

I noticed you left Mt. Vernon and Washington off your schedule but included Princeton? 

Correct. Princeton only made the list because it’s a county rivalry game that will always get some attention. 

the game hasn’t been a close one in a long time but it’s always a “bigger” game.

thats the only reason I included them. 

nothing against Mt Vernon or Washington.  But I don’t anticipate there to be a lot of “hype” around those games. At least with princeton there is the rivalry to fall back on 

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Not sure....tell us. I’m hearing the GS job is best around and the entire state knows GS and it’s players. I find that comical. 

Imagine going 40+ years in life and still not having a basis of reading comprehension 😂

Gibson Southern is very well known around the state (not just because of football though. The girls sports too). Also I just said “names to know”. I didn’t say players but I’m sure there is 1 in particular that you rather not keep hearing about for whatever reason 😂. So salty these last 2/3 years 

• Kill me now 1

7 hours ago, Screagle said:

Not sure....tell us. I’m hearing the GS job is best around and the entire state knows GS and it’s players. I find that comical. 

I didn’t read anyone say that.  You coaching 7th or 8th feeder basketball this year?

• Like 1

Whether it is attractive enough to Coach Hart or not to pull him away or not....who knows...  BUT the opportunity to coach a kid like Brady Allen comes along in schools like ours maybe (MAYBE) once is 2 or 3 decades.  My thought--he will stay, this is terrible timing for a move.  After all he has been able to to and now have maybe the best QB in the state, I just can't see him moving.  I know he hates the word potential, but there is a bunch there.

I am sure the "R" men have been blowing up coach Harts phone this past week....just like they did the last time this job opened up.

That said what about this Hart?  Maybe not enough HC experience yet?

https://www.daily-journal.com/sports/football-kankakee-coach-derek-hart-looks-to-make-his-own/article_aff8e3e2-aa73-11e9-8f82-67b78008079e.html

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/10/24/20920353/kankakee-kays-football-preps-derek-hart-dark-side-omar-grant-brownsburg-state-playoffs-ihsa

Edited by Titan32

21 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I see Reitz football is challenging IU basketball for most unreasonable fan bases.  

Good thing MD and EM didn’t replace Goebel or Hurley after their first losing season. 

I agree with the first part.  We get spoiled by the success and some expect it every year.  Things are on a down turn but we will be back on top like many times before.

As for your second statement, get your facts straight.  Andy wasnt fired.  From things Ive read it appears he has no desire to go somewhere else to coach in the near future.  More towards spending time with family and having a normal life.  Anywhere a head coach is, even consitantly losing schools, takes alot out of you and alot of time away from family.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 2:23 PM, Screagle said:

Any chance a former Panther that did a good job at Harrison and now Mt Vernon would have a shot? I can’t see Hart leaving GS with QB in place for a deep run. 

Crazy that 3 HC jobs are available. Not sure Harrison and Bosse will have a lot of applicants. I could be wrong. I can see Reitz attracting a large number of candidates. 

I am surprised Brunson isn't getting more talk. Not sure he would leave Mt. Vernon for personal reasons but still. I wouldn't be surprised if Reitz goes ultra external for the hire.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PantherBall20 said:

I am surprised Brunson isn't getting more talk. Not sure he would leave Mt. Vernon for personal reasons but still. I wouldn't be surprised if Reitz goes ultra external for the hire.

I think there is a lot of Brunson talk going on....just not on this board.  That said, isn't he the AD or assistant AD at MV?  That would seem like a huge factor to me if it is the case.

27 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I think there is a lot of Brunson talk going on....just not on this board.  That said, isn't he the AD or assistant AD at MV?  That would seem like a huge factor to me if it is the case.

Believe he is the Assistant AD with a pretty substantial salary....