Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Endzone Cameras

Tanka Jahari

21 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Do you have a personal favorite when it comes to endzone cameras?

I really have no idea, but I will say of the vids I see of our games, there seems to be a wide array of film quality from the SL view. From the EZ view I don't see as much difference from one film to the next. Some tend to show greater detail, assuming they are zoomed to some extent, I really have no idea. 

Just out of curiosity when you cut your tape before uploading to Hudl, do you run SL/EZ then to the next play? Or do you have the entire game SL and EZ as different flims. I'm sure the preferences for all officials is SL/EZ on one film, it's amazing how many times you use both views to determine things for us. 

24 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I really have no idea, but I will say of the vids I see of our games, there seems to be a wide array of film quality from the SL view. From the EZ view I don't see as much difference from one film to the next. Some tend to show greater detail, assuming they are zoomed to some extent, I really have no idea. 

Just out of curiosity when you cut your tape before uploading to Hudl, do you run SL/EZ then to the next play? Or do you have the entire game SL and EZ as different flims. I'm sure the preferences for all officials is SL/EZ on one film, it's amazing how many times you use both views to determine things for us. 

Great discussion. My question is, is the Hi-Pod X31 only for use as an end-zone camera, or is it also widely recommended for sideline views? Has any consideration been given to using it as a pylon cam?

Image result for pylon camera"

Edited by gonzoron

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Sir that is a great question. Personally, I prefer to put the SL/EZ back to back before the next play comes up. I feel strongly that this is the best way to cut the film.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been said that the next HC at New Prairie will have some talented players returning. While that's important to consider, there might be an even bigger factor. What is the endzone camera situation at New Prairie? Is Radtke leaving it better than he found it?