Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Starting Times

11 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Was looking at some of the schedules for the fall and noticed all of the Hoosier Heritage Conference games start at 7:30 pm.  Really smart on their part IMO.  Is this new or have they been doing this?

They’ve been doing that for awhile now

On 2/8/2020 at 2:43 AM, Staxawax said:

Was looking at some of the schedules for the fall and noticed all of the Hoosier Heritage Conference games start at 7:30 pm.  Really smart on their part IMO.  Is this new or have they been doing this?

Pretty much always been doing it.  At least for the last decade or more.

We start at 7 up here in Michigan and I hate it!  Feels very rushed after school compared to my time in Indiana.  I think it hurts attendance, etc.   Part of the issue with changing the times is that their are a lot of Mega Conferences up here.  1 conference that has many divisions based on size and geography, so for any change to happen takes a 2/3rds vote.  It makes any and all changes happen at a snails pace.   Its the classic tale of schools giving up some local control to have an outside entity schedule games, officials, etc.  I don't like it, but it does save some tax payer dollars.  Some on the GID would appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach said:

I’d like to see all games prior to Labor Day start at 8, all games for the rest of September start at 7:30, and all games in October and November start at 7.

I would agree, but only on years when the groundhog sees his shadow.

For very personal, selfish reasons, as an official I prefer the games to start at 7p. After we decompress after a game, eat, and shower and drive home 1-2 hours it's often after midnight. I then have to be up by 6 or 7a to drive 2-3 hours the next morning to work a college game. If you push that back 30 or 60 minutes it's even later that I get home.

Again, very personal and selfish and only affects about 20 officials so not a reason to not do it. It would just suck for me.

• Thanks 1