Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference 2019

14 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Congrats to the Kings on winning the 1 seed in the East. Nice win by HH as well. Now looking like Lcc will take the 2 seed in the West barring a 2 game skid. Foxy and Alum missed out on gaining ground in the pick em...  Serves em right... ye of lil faith.... lol

I thought about picking LCC, but figured I'd wait until later to strike.  Made that mistake of trying to pick up ground too early a couple of seasons ago and dug the hole too deep.

7 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I thought about picking LCC, but figured I'd wait until later to strike.  Made that mistake of trying to pick up ground too early a couple of seasons ago and dug the hole too deep.

And I thought about picking HH, but who knew they'd actually start calling run plays? 124 yards by King. Hope they keep it up.

23 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I only caught the 1st half... but was encouraged by the improvement on the D ... BendNotBreaking ..... they need to buck up again for TL... it baffles me why u and alum dont practice what u preach about Lcc sched strength... I get that they r fairly young.... inexperienced in areas.... but not devoid of talent.... 

Nice game by LCC throughout, field conditions not idea for either but far from mud pit.   Personally speaking thought we had too many issues 1st half which led to only 10 points.  LCC scored right before half on a 2 min drive was back breaker.  Played better 2nd half, but tough when our PA pass game wasn't available to what we wanted from previous weeks with Hickman down at QB.  Bierma did a good job running the show at QB spot, had 270 yards rushing, just didn't finish enough drives and credit to LCC and especially 2 MLB who were able to play down hill, especially the 2nd half.  

Physical game as expected 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I only caught the 1st half... but was encouraged by the improvement on the D ... BendNotBreaking ..... they need to buck up again for TL... it baffles me why u and alum dont practice what u preach about Lcc sched strength... I get that they r fairly young.... inexperienced in areas.... but not devoid of talent.... 

It's the CFWM.  @CoachDurham taught me that what happens in the Mixer stays in the Mixer and that loyalty to the Caddy gets you the Caddy. 🙂

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Seriously though, I agree with you on the team talent, etc.  I think a few folks who have forgotten about the Knights might be surprised come tourney.

Mother Nature left her mark last week. Glad to see Coach Fry and Company felt it was necessary to continue their game Saturday morning after they had already reached the running clock point with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. I am sure everyone got better that morning, one thing is for sure RDP's stats look better. After the LCC-TL game we will know the lineup from the west division. Tipton and Western still need to battle it out in the east next week. Cass-WL is just a warmup to an 8 quarter battle they will have unless HH can pull off a minor miracle next week.

East Division
  CONFERENCE ALL GAMES
  W-L Pts OP W-L Pts OP Streak
Cass 3-0 129 33 6-  0 274 61 Won 6
Tipton 1-1 58 35 4-  2 172 93 Won 1
Western 1-1 71 62 4-  2 232 159 Lost 1
Hamilton Heights 1-1 49 51 2-  4 120 199 Won 1
Northwestern 0-3 13 139 0-  6 41 237 Lost 7
West Division
  CONFERENCE ALL GAMES
West Lafayette 3-0 167 13 5-  1 335 110 Won 5
Central Catholic 1-1 20 67 3-  3 125 165 Won 2
Twin Lakes 1-1 61 42 2-  4 126 126 Lost 1
Rensselaer 1-2 58 64 4-  2 139 102 Lost 2
Benton Central 0-2 14 134 0-  6 42 362 Lost 17
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Mother Nature left her mark last week. Glad to see Coach Fry and Company felt it was necessary to continue their game Saturday morning after they had already reached the running clock point with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. I am sure everyone got better that morning, one thing is for sure RDP's stats look better. After the LCC-TL game we will know the lineup from the west division. Tipton and Western still need to battle it out in the east next week. Cass-WL is just a warmup to an 8 quarter battle they will have unless HH can pull off a minor miracle next week.

East Division
  CONFERENCE ALL GAMES
Cass 3-0 129 33 6-  0 274 61 Won 6
Tipton 1-1 58 35 4-  2 172 93 Won 1
Western 1-1 71 62 4-  2 232 159 Lost 1
Hamilton Heights 1-1 49 51 2-  4 120 199 Won 1
Northwestern 0-3 13 139 0-  6 41 237 Lost 7
West Division
  CONFERENCE ALL GAMES
West Lafayette 3-0 167 13 5-  1 335 110 Won 5
Central Catholic 1-1 20 67 3-  3 125 165 Won 2
Twin Lakes 1-1 61 42 2-  4 126 126 Lost 1
Rensselaer 1-2 58 64 4-  2 139 102 Lost 2
Benton Central 0-2 14 134 0-  6 42 362 Lost 17

They have to finish the game in order for it to count.

2 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Ok.

Very interesting why a team would want to keep playing when they are down that much. Should the other team say it is ok? We can call it a game. I am wondering what would the outcome be. West Lafayette should have been declared the winner if they did not wish to keep playing Benton Central? 

Do both coaches have to agree to keep playing? 

42 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

That is not true.

Let me clarify....If a team/school wants to forfeit, they can.  Any team/school has that choice.

My apologies.  I should've been more clear the first time.

The two schools don't have a JV game scheduled tonight because BC was playing 5-6 JVers Friday night. I'd imagine the offer was made to cancel the rest of the game varsity game and play a JV game Monday since it's suppose to be about the young kids at that point. That seems to have been a NO GO for RDP since starters were scoring mid 3rd quarter. But hey, Chicks dig the long ball!

A little Googling does produces this...................

https://www.benton.k12.in.us/domain/500

https://westlafayetteathletics.com/events

Based on this above, you could see where perhaps WL wanted their younger guys to get their weekly reps in, just a possibility.   

Maxpreps stats not updated yet...............

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/west-lafayette-red-devils-(west-lafayette,in)/football/stats_by_game.htm

38 minutes ago, Kingfan__56 said:

What’s the thoughts about Friday’s match up of #1s with West Lafayette coming to Walton to take on Cass? Does anybody think Cass keeps it close or is it over before the start?

Depends ... how would you say Cass matches up with RCHS?  I think Cass may last longer in the first half than others, although RCHS gave West Lafayette a game in the first half, but the second half is where they can just take off.