Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference 2019

57 minutes ago, Kingfan__56 said:

What’s the thoughts about Friday’s match up of #1s with West Lafayette coming to Walton to take on Cass? Does anybody think Cass keeps it close or is it over before the start?

It's interesting from a sag  accuracy standpoint... sag has WL by 13.5 .... call it 2 tds..... SA and Cass r neck and neck in sag.....  WL 50 - Lcc 0........ WL 44 - RC 6 ...... Lcc 20- RC 17 ...... I think it would b impressive if the Kings can meet or beat the spread.... or even....keep it at 3 tds or less......

Edited by BendNotBreak

53 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Depends ... how would you say Cass matches up with RCHS?  I think Cass may last longer in the first half than others, although RCHS gave West Lafayette a game in the first half, but the second half is where they can just take off.

I think if Cass is in the game at half, they have the ability to keep it close. They were down to Western last week who is a bigger team (understandably not the same talent) but came out in the second half and beat up on Western. If they can keep it close like that game, they have a great second half chance to keep it close.

41 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

It's interesting from a sag  accuracy standpoint... sag has WL by 13.5 .... call it 2 tds..... SA and Cass r neck and neck in sag.....  WL 50 - Lcc 0........ WL 44 - RC 6 ...... Lcc 20- RC 17 ...... I think it would b impressive if the Kings can meet or beat the spread.... or even....keep it at 3 tds or less......

Cass has had a great defense all year long (last week was definitely their biggest challenge). I feel like if they play 4 quarters of defense the way they played in the 3rd vs Western they could keep it competitive. 

24 minutes ago, Kingfan__56 said:

Cass has had a great defense all year long (last week was definitely their biggest challenge). I feel like if they play 4 quarters of defense the way they played in the 3rd vs Western they could keep it competitive. 

I luv great D.... and I became a fan of the Kings when I watched that Andrean game yrs ago .... what was it...6-OTs ?  Impressive!....no one thout they had a prayer.... mayb they can do it again???

Edited by BendNotBreak

26 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I luv great D.... and I became a fan of the Kings when I watched that Andrean game yrs ago .... what was it...6-OTs ?  Impressive!....no one thout they had a prayer.... mayb they can do it again???

I remember that game like it was yesterday lol. 6 OT, I was a freshman on that team and if we had a kicker could of won it. Granted if we won we’d of played Jaylon Smith his senior year, but that would have been an experience. Year in and year out D is our focus though.

9 hours ago, Kingfan__56 said:

9 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

The DAWG PACK will see their toughest match-up yet come this Friday! Lets just see if the BLACK SHIRTS can SOS!

13 hours ago, Kingfan__56 said:

What’s the thoughts about Friday’s match up of #1s with West Lafayette coming to Walton to take on Cass? Does anybody think Cass keeps it close or is it over before the start?

I have no doubt Cass puts 21-28 points on the board. Will it be enough? Probably not a chance. WL has so many weapons on offense. WL is also one of the few teams in the conference that probably doesn't have 6-7 guys playing both ways the whole game. The first half will be interesting to watch. I think the Kings wear down after that. 49-21

27 minutes ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

I have no doubt Cass puts 21-28 points on the board. 

I haven't seen this much delusion since puff thought North Daviess could run the ball on LCC  in 2009. Cass scored 28 on Pioneer, I can tell you Pioneer and WL defensively are not on the same playing field. If Cass scores 28 it'll be in garbage time against WL 3rd string.

• Haha 1

A couple items:  

1)   Pet Peeve of mine:   Folks who try to stir the pot behind screen names and hiding school affiliations.   :classic_ninja:

2)  WL defense is good still, I personally do not think they are AS GOOD as last year, HOWEVER, they are PLENTY GOOD to continue to do what they are doing.   

3)  A sometimes 2 way player who is flying under the radar for RDP of 765 is #50 Omodone, just a SOPH, he started at LT last year all year as a Freshman, now he is down playing LG and he gets some time as DE in their 3-3 stack.  He is a HANDFUL.   

4) Moving Blankman to RB is a no brainer, kid is very good football player, but they have plenty of WR to utilize

5)  What makes WL offense so difficult are a few things,  A) Tempo, they get you moving sideline to sideline with formations, if you have multiple 2 way players (we had 9) it will grind you down B) QB has full control of their offense, so if play break downs he can get them bailed out with his feet and improvisation C) WR also have great Route Adjustments mid play, you think you have it covered and they read so well that the connection between QB to WR is very natural and so difficult to defend 

No doubt Cass has weapons as well and are looking forward to the challenge

• Like 1

I remember when Eastbrook(when we were 3A) and WL would play each other in the tournament, they were very good back then (around 2008) if i remember right the QB at the time won Mr. Football. Its nice to see teams keep the winning going as players graduate and new players filled in. Glad we are back down to 2A 🙂, very excited for the postseason to start. Cass is the real deal. They were the real deal last year, took us giving our best effort to barely beat them at home.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

I haven't seen this much delusion since puff thought North Daviess could run the ball on LCC  in 2009. Cass scored 28 on Pioneer, I can tell you Pioneer and WL defensively are not on the same playing field. If Cass scores 28 it'll be in garbage time against WL 3rd string.

I don't know how delusional it is. Pioneer was week 1. The offense has improved since then. Also I think RC could have put 21 on WL in their game without a few mistakes. I think Cass has a more explosive offense than them. So in my opinion 28 isn't that far fetched. I also said it would be 21-28 points 28 being Cass at its best. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Your offense scored 21 on Tipton in week 4 that's probably a better representation of the offense. 7 points were a late scoop and score. Tipton's D is probably not on Pioneer's level and is absolutely not on WL level. 

Agree. I was more impressed with the Cass defense than I was the offense. They scored on a 90 yard fumble return and then had a long punt return set up another. Tipton’s D is pretty good but not on WL level. I will say Eurit is as good of a back around though and I could definitely see Cass making a deep run in 2A. WL is just a different animal right now. Hope Cass proves us wrong and gives them all they can handle.

51 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Your offense scored 21 on Tipton in week 4 that's probably a better representation of the offense. 7 points were a late scoop and score. Tipton's D is probably not on Pioneer's level and is absolutely not on WL level. 

I cannot speak as to what level everyone's defense is on or whatever.  I can tell you that Cass took a very conservative approach to Tipton.  They had three line changes that week... the biggest being the center position.  They had to replace a two year starter with a junior that just got converted to center that week.  He had never taken a snap in a varsity game as lineman let alone snapped in a game.  

Let's talk about the in game action.  Cass accumulated 100 yards in penalties to Tipton's 0 yards.  The timing of penalties were bad.  Many were more like 30-40 yard penalties.  Twice after big pass plays down field...Cass turns to see a flag dropped at the feet of the QB.  Holding penalties that negated the completion.  Then dropped back 10 yards to the spot of the foul which then was marked 10 yards from there.  Also Cass had an early fumble deep in Tipton's territory.  It was not a close 28-7 game.  

Not arguing if Cass can hang with WL or not, just saying things are not always as they appear.  No one on the outside has the full scoop.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

I cannot speak as to what level everyone's defense is on or whatever.  I can tell you that Cass took a very conservative approach to Tipton.  They had three line changes that week... the biggest being the center position.  They had to replace a two year starter with a junior that just got converted to center that week.  He had never taken a snap in a varsity game as lineman let alone snapped in a game.  

Let's talk about the in game action.  Cass accumulated 100 yards in penalties to Tipton's 0 yards.  The timing of penalties were bad.  Many were more like 30-40 yard penalties.  Twice after big pass plays down field...Cass turns to see a flag dropped at the feet of the QB.  Holding penalties that negated the completion.  Then dropped back 10 yards to the spot of the foul which then was marked 10 yards from there.  Also Cass had an early fumble deep in Tipton's territory.  It was not a close 28-7 game.  

Not arguing if Cass can hang with WL or not, just saying things are not always as they appear.  No one on the outside has the full scoop.  

BASTARDIZED BELLY WING-T WAS IN FULL FORCE... 

I heard not one single snap in Gun, is that true?

Edited by TheWaterBoii

53 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

If you want to play that game, Tipton’s best player (Lyons) got hurt in that game, as did their other RB (Reel) and best DB and TE/ OLB(Ridgeway). None played the following week against LCC either. Not sure how you can say it wasn’t a close 28-7 when it was 7-0 at half and 13-0 after 3 and Tipton was driving in the 4th and fumbled and Cass took it 90 yards to the house. Very easily could have been a 21-14 ball game. Also I wasn’t trying to take anything away from Cass, I think they’re an outstanding team. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw them in Lucas Oil. That’s how highly I think of them. I just don’t think they’re on the same level as WL. I truly hope I am proved wrong  Friday.

Now we’re rolling!

I don’t think there’s ever been a visiting team on the lower total of penalties when visiting Tipton. 

I don’t care if Cass did take a conservative approach because they lost lineman. Sounds to me like Cass will take the conservative approach this week too in the hopes of winning the conference title 2 weeks later. 

My prediction is 45-7 this week. Week 9 will all depends on who WL draws in the sectional. If they draw Chatard it’ll be a closer game to protect guys. If it’s Crawfordsville, North Mont or Hamilton Heights, it’ll be about the same. 

Edited by LCCAlum

15 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Now we’re rolling!

I don’t think there’s ever been a visiting team on the lower total of penalties when visiting Tipton. 

I don’t care if Cass did take a conservative approach because they lost lineman. Sounds to me like Cass will take the conservative approach this week too in the hopes of winning the conference title 2 weeks later. 

My prediction is 45-7 this week. Week 9 will all depends on who WL draws in the sectional. If they draw Chatard it’ll be a closer game to protect guys. If it’s Crawfordsville, North Mont or Hamilton Heights, it’ll be about the same. 

The game was at Cass. This has been the least penalized Tipton team I can remember so far this season. Pretty surprising since it is one of the younger teams we have had.

15 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

If you want to play that game, Tipton’s best player (Lyons) got hurt in that game, as did their other RB (Reel) and best DB and TE/ OLB(Ridgeway). None played the following week against LCC either. Not sure how you can say it wasn’t a close 28-7 when it was 7-0 at half and 13-0 after 3 and Tipton was driving in the 4th and fumbled and Cass took it 90 yards to the house. Very easily could have been a 21-14 ball game. Also I wasn’t trying to take anything away from Cass, I think they’re an outstanding team. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw them in Lucas Oil. That’s how highly I think of them. I just don’t think they’re on the same level as WL. I truly hope I am proved wrong  Friday.

I'm not playing games.  

• Like 1