Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference 2019

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

I think the one major thing that happened was their rb #15? got injured late in the first half and did not return. LCC was having some problems with him before that. They went to their backup and the running game wasn't nearly as effective as it was early.

man losing Padgett and #22 and having a bang up OL is truly being snake bitten 

3 minutes ago, AG said:

I haven't seen any of that talk, although they are talented enough to do it. LCC was too.

I believe it was stemming from off season after Pioneer won

of course that is now in the GID graveyard 

me personally, didn't think anything of it. 

21 minutes ago, AG said:

I haven't seen any of that talk, although they are talented enough to do it. LCC was too.

18 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

man losing Padgett and #22 and having a bang up OL is truly being snake bitten 

I believe it was stemming from off season after Pioneer won

of course that is now in the GID graveyard 

me personally, didn't think anything of it. 

Like @Coach Nowlin said, it was off-season/post-tourney talk, but no one knocked on wood or tossed it over their shoulder or walked around it rather than under it, so the football gods saw fit to ping pong ball them for starters.  Like @BendNotBreak said, just a question now of how long the bad juju lasts. 😁

10 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Like @Coach Nowlin said, it was off-season/post-tourney talk, but no one knocked on wood or tossed it over their shoulder or walked around it rather than under it, so the football gods saw fit to ping pong ball them for starters.  Like @BendNotBreak said, just a question now of how long the bad juju lasts. 😁

The Pioneer staff ... may still hav time to call in the.... Exorcist.....   But me thinks they r pretty much screwed.   LoL

14 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

The Pioneer staff ... may still hav time to call in the.... Exorcist.....   But me thinks they r pretty much screwed.   LoL

Pioneer lost the first meeting by six. They were down an OL/DL starter for the entire game, due to injury, and another OL/DL, senior Beckley, was hurt early in the game and came back for the last quarter or so. After he came back, Pioneer played well but ran out of time. 

Pioneer had also lost a third lineman for the season in week one during practice. 

Edited by AG

3 hours ago, AG said:

Pioneer lost the first meeting by six. They were down an OL/DL starter for the entire game, due to injury, and another OL/DL, senior Beckley, was hurt early in the game and came back for the last quarter or so. After he came back, Pioneer played well but ran out of time. 

Pioneer had also lost a third lineman for the season in week one during practice. 

Injuries not an excuse, next man up, it’s what good teams do. Cass played their butts off the first game and we flat didn’t. Poor defensive effort, confusion on the o-line and kids playing out of position was our downfall. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AG said:

You do realize that the whole jinx issue is a joke, don't you? 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AG said:

Nobody knows what they have in game one.  Cass is a very different team from that game one match up. This is going to be a great game.  I think all of Cass County can agree to that and keep this talk all positive.  Just talk up your team and leave the trash out of it as most everyone has.  Friday will be here soon enough.  Still three days of prep to get ready.

• Thanks 2

If we're talking improvements, the big old elephant in the room is that two weeks after getting beat by over five touchdowns by West Lafayette, at home, Cass went to West Lafayette and hung a loss on a highly-ranked West Lafayette on their home field a week before the tourney starts.  Might be pure luck and adrenaline or maybe West Lafayette's just been "fronting" the whole season long, but if I'm a betting man, I'm going to go with plain old improvement and adjustment.

14 hours ago, foxbat said:

You do realize that the whole jinx issue is a joke, don't you? 😕

Well aware. I was defending the fact that he said Pioneer was screwed. 

16 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Injuries not an excuse, next man up, it’s what good teams do. Cass played their butts off the first game and we flat didn’t. Poor defensive effort, confusion on the o-line and kids playing out of position was our downfall. 

Injuries were the reason that Pioneer lost, plain and simple. 

1 hour ago, Kingfan__56 said:

I don’t know that you can say injuries are the only reason why Pioneer lost, Cass I’d say is a better team

It was definitely not the only reason. I personally think that it was the biggest factor in week 1. Cass definitely has more momentum entering this game and should be favored. 

8 hours ago, AG said:

Injuries were the reason that Pioneer lost, plain and simple. 

Injuries were not why we lost... Cass's execution when it mattered and Pioneer not making the needed adjustments early enough were the issue.

6 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Injuries were not why we lost... Cass's execution when it mattered and Pioneer not making the needed adjustments early enough were the issue.

Agree to disagree. Cass dominated the trenches and that's also where Pioneer's injuries occurred 

10 hours ago, AG said:

Haven't you watched the Final Destination movies ... or Meatballs?  Once the juju's been cast, there's no stopping it.  It just doesn't matter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AG said:

Agree to disagree. Cass dominated the trenches and that's also where Pioneer's injuries occurred 

Your saying being ping pong balled wasn't the start of the.. Curse?.. It started with the untimely injuries before game one w Cass?  Yep...the Panters r screwed....  LoL

• Haha 1

Meant to post this on the Hoosier Conference thread instead of the LC/Pioneer thread.

Hoosier conference sectional champion predictions.  Who all do you think will win or has a chance of winning their sectional.  I am going to take no less than 4 of these below.

1. West Lafayette- Certainly will have a tough Sectional opponent in Chatard

2. Cass-  Tough week one opponent but if the Kings can get by Pioneer they should win their sectional

3. Rensselaer- Got Boone Grove, Andrean, North Newton- Will the Bombers be healthy for a long tournament run? I think so!

4. LCC- Knights roll through their sectional

5. Twin Lakes- My long shot... Knox, Calumet the favorites but I actually think the Indians could pull this one out.

6. Tipton- Big second round matchup with Eastbrook might be too much for this young Tipton team.

7. Western- Don't know much about this sectional or the state of Westerns Health but they look as good as any in this sectional

51 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

Meant to post this on the Hoosier Conference thread instead of the LC/Pioneer thread.

Hoosier conference sectional champion predictions.  Who all do you think will win or has a chance of winning their sectional.  I am going to take no less than 4 of these below.

2. Cass-  Tough week one opponent but if the Kings can get by Pioneer they should win their sectional

3. Rensselaer- Got Boone Grove, Andrean, North Newton- Will the Bombers be healthy for a long tournament run? I think so!

5. Twin Lakes- My long shot... Knox, Calumet the favorites but I actually think the Indians could pull this one out.

6. Tipton- Big second round matchup with Eastbrook might be too much for this young Tipton team.

7. Western- Don't know much about this sectional or the state of Westerns Health but they look as good as any in this sectional

1) Scratch WL.... since class expansion.... ONLY PPs repeat in 3A...  primarily if ur name is Chatard... not so in other classes....

2) The Kings win this one...Pioneer is CURSED... for all I know... a squirrel will run out on the field and trip up the fastest player on it ...as he is about to run in the go ahead score with no time left.... LoL

3) No real feel for this one... I'll go w RC they adapt pretty well.. solid team..well coached...and pop was a bombadier in a B17 ... good enuff for me.... more rooting for them than anything else...

4)  LCC is solid here.... looking to improve their execution for when they need it.... and they will need it .......

5) Gotta go with Knox in this one... not that I know much about em... jus not impressed w TL resume.....

6) Eastbrook......

7) I agree.... who knows.....

Disclaimer: my picks r based... not on the 3 facets of the game so much... as they r heavily weighted on the 4th facet.. Those darned ole INTANGIBLES.... 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

1. West Lafayette makes it past rounds one and two in the sectional, but the ghost of the Kings may be in the back of their minds come that Sectional Championship with Chatard. 
  2. Pioneer trades LCC for Cass in the ping pong ball melee.  The question is whether it looks like the last three years or the previous four.  Given last week for Cass, I think it looks like the previous four for the Panthers.  Cass takes their sectional.
  3. Despite prognostications about Boone Grove in another thread, I'm thinking this sectional comes down to RCHS and Andrean who are on opposite sides of the bracket.  I think that comes down to a toss-up game.
  4. The Knights will get an opportunity to test out Traders Point, or possibly even a resurgent North White, in the Sectional Championship, but make no mistake, the Knights are interested in more than just a rebuilding year.  Knights take their sectional.
  5. Twin Lakes has a tough sectional with the likes of Calumet and Knox and even Hanover Central looming there.  If they get past Know in the sectional semi, they could likely pull off a surprise pick-up of their sectional.
  6. I think you are right that Eastbrook proves to be a bit too much for Tipton who bows out of the sectionals after Week 2.
  7. Roncalli has the edge over Western in this sectional although I think Western's got a puncher's chance.  Not only was the LCC-Western game a good tune-up for LCC, I think it also helps Western too.
  8. Benton Central likely bows out in their first sectional game to River Forest.  If not, Calumet likely waits in the wings to pull the plug.
  9. Heights draws the short straw against West Lafayette this week ... for the second time this season ala the Kings.  This one's not likely to end like that second meeting.
  10. Northwestern flies under the radar screen this week against Heritage and emerges in the sectional second round ... only to likely meet up with Oak Hill to finish the season.

1 hour ago, dcjjones said:

Lol you are in the right thread - you would think the Royal Center folk would be posting in the HNAC and not trolling our conference thread....must not be as exciting as discussing Caston, North White, etc....