Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference 2019

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Bombers welcomed back QB Eli Hickman last week as he can be seen all over the Hudl/Maxpreps Game Recap.  Great to see him back as he has been pesky waiting this injury out :classic_biggrin:

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/10-25-2019/football-fall-19/rensselaer-central-vs-wheeler.htm?c=A43mfIagn0uEyULYbcGJeA#tab=recap&schoolid=

With all due respect to North Newton and Boone Grove, in the potential match up with Andrean, does this now make Bombers the favorite? 

North Newton is much better week 11 than week 2, that is for sure.   

I know I am biased, but I would take the Bombers against anyone in 2a, but I have also said that same thing since 2003. 1999 ( can't forget my film engineering years)  :classic_laugh:

NN

BG

Andrean

All have very good players who pose problems for each teams.  That is the truth.   So many factors go into each week.   Survive and advance, name of the game.  

• Like 1

HC dropped three last night including Western's squeaker to Lebanon.  Three are still in it with a fourth pending tonight's outcome between LCC and Clinton Prairie.  Not too bad a place to be with four teams possibly playing for a sectional title next week.  And the good news is there will be no need for HC-on-HC violence to possibly pull four sectional titles.  Also, still a chance for the HC to put up three classes' worth of representation at LOS Thanksgiving weekend.

• Like 2

It's official now that four HC teams will be playing for sectional titles this Friday.  Of interest is that three of four teams are playing p/p schools with 9-2 RCHS playing 8-3 Andrean, 9-2 West Lafayette playing 10-1 Chatard, and 8-3 LCC playing 10-1 Traders Point Christian.  10-1 Cass rounds things out against 9-2 LaVille.  While the semi-conventional wisdom has been that LCC would walk through sectionals, of note is that Traders Point Christian has only dropped a single game to #1 1A Indy Lutheran 63-27.  The question at hand ends up being how much that encounter with Lutheran readied them, since the rest of the schedule was fairly light, compared to LCC's prep of playing the Hoosier Conference schedule.  In honesty, I'm not seeing any of the four teams as having a sectional title cleanly in hand, although if I were a betting man, I'd say that the odds are that Cass likely has a clearer path to their title than the other three right now.

2 hours ago, foxbat said:

It's official now that four HC teams will be playing for sectional titles this Friday.  Of interest is that three of four teams are playing p/p schools with 9-2 RCHS playing 8-3 Andrean, 9-2 West Lafayette playing 10-1 Chatard, and 8-3 LCC playing 10-1 Traders Point Christian.  10-1 Cass rounds things out against 9-2 LaVille.  While the semi-conventional wisdom has been that LCC would walk through sectionals, of note is that Traders Point Christian has only dropped a single game to #1 1A Indy Lutheran 63-27.  The question at hand ends up being how much that encounter with Lutheran readied them, since the rest of the schedule was fairly light, compared to LCC's prep of playing the Hoosier Conference schedule.  In honesty, I'm not seeing any of the four teams as having a sectional title cleanly in hand, although if I were a betting man, I'd say that the odds are that Cass likely has a clearer path to their title than the other three right now.

I’m still picking LCC- Lutherans for 1A. But my Clinton Prairies source said the Knights need to cut down on penalties 

25 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I’m still picking LCC- Lutherans for 1A. But my Clinton Prairies source said the Knights need to cut down on penalties 

Knights will be OK on penalties.  There were at least three last night that were, and I'm being kind, questionable; including an interference call on a tipped ball.  There was also a little extra-curricular activity that seemed to be overlooked.  On one play, there was extra-curricular activity that ended up with both players crashing to the ground, a flag came out after the play, and the call was 5-yard facemask.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Knights will be OK on penalties.  There were at least three last night that were, and I'm being kind, questionable; including an interference call on a tipped ball.  There was also a little extra-curricular activity that seemed to be overlooked.  On one play, there was extra-curricular activity that ended up with both players crashing to the ground, a flag came out after the play, and the call was 5-yard facemask.

Disappointing.

19 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Andrean is big and nasty up front and in their front 8 as well.  

They got their do everything stud Flescher back last week as well against Boone

Andrean held Boone Groves offense to 101 total yards.   

Tough task for the Bombers this week.  Go get'em Bombers!

• Like 1

Anyone know the actual address for Traders Point's stadium?  Do they play at the Christian Schools / High School address, 5608 Whitestown Parkway, Whitestown, IN 46075, which is what MaxPreps shows for the school location or is it the Academy address which is 5770 Whitestown Pkwy, Whitestown, IN 46075 per Google or is it 6600 S Indianapolis Rd, Whitestown, IN, 46075 which pops up in Outlook when you type in Traders Point Academy and also what John Harrell has listed on his site when you click "Map to School"?  They are all in proximity to each other, but I'd prefer to not spend extra time seeing the sights in Whitestown.

31 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Anyone know the actual address for Traders Point's stadium?  Do they play at the Christian Schools / High School address, 5608 Whitestown Parkway, Whitestown, IN 46075, which is what MaxPreps shows for the school location or is it the Academy address which is 5770 Whitestown Pkwy, Whitestown, IN 46075 per Google or is it 6600 S Indianapolis Rd, Whitestown, IN, 46075 which pops up in Outlook when you type in Traders Point Academy and also what John Harrell has listed on his site when you click "Map to School"?  They are all in proximity to each other, but I'd prefer to not spend extra time seeing the sights in Whitestown.

Use the 5608 Whitestown Parkway address.  That will take you to the 2nd entrance west of the Indianapolis Rd. roundabout, which is closest to the football field.  If you arrive early, you'll be able to park in the lot next to the field, just not in the row closest to the field.  A few of us were asked to move our cars in week 9, as those are "parking pass" spots for tailgaters.  If you don't arrive early enough to park in this lot, you'll be directed to the east side of the new high school building, which is a hike to the entrance of the football field.

Beautiful facility.  Probably not enough space on the visitors side for an LCC crowd, but there should be extra space on the home side.  There's also a hill just beyond the north endzone the would provide extra seating for chairs/blankets.

Not much space around the field for camera equipment.  Visiting staff will just have to be resourceful.  We don't have a big tripod, so we were able to film from the hill in the north end.  You can film from the south end, but it's tight, and TP has some maintenance equipment in the way.  May not get great angles, but there's space to film from the corners.

• Thanks 2

LCC will have their hands full. Traders Point looks disciplined on film and they are efficient in what they do. They haven't played a tough schedule, but they've taken care of business. They did struggled in the 2nd half vs Lutheran. That will help them on Friday. 

51 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Congrats Cass and LCC 

Turnovers and not getting off field in some key downs did us in 

Spotted 13 points first 1:26 of game 

Had 31 1st downs.   519 of offense 443 on the ground.   Just couldn't get over the hump 

I respect the fact ....that despite the set.backs.... the Bombers didnt go quietly into the night...... ooooh  ra... ooooooh ra.... soooooo ra...... yaaaay!!!