Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference 2019

2 hours ago, nmsu_aggie said:

I have always been puzzled by the fact that Roseville doesn’t have a football team. My understanding is that they have good sign-ups for their elementary school development league.  If so, the interest sounds like it is there. 

I didn't know that Rossville was entertaining a youth football league again.  Is it contact or flag?  They used to have a tackle program at the youth level, but that kind of went away back when the high school decided to not field football teams and focus more on soccer/baseball.

Big Win for Bombers in Russiaville tonight.   Slobberknocker of a game.  Classic Hoosier Conference battle.   

Bombers scored 7 points each quarter.  up 14-7 at half, then tied at 14, we had a huge punt to flip the field, Western punted it back to the 50 and we scored in 8 plays from there and then had another great drive in the 4th to get 28-14.  With about 3:45 left in game inside our 30 went for it 4th and 2 and converted and was able to ice it from there.   Big play there.   

Game is on demand at IHSAATV.org 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nmsu_aggie said:

I have always been puzzled by the fact that Roseville doesn’t have a football team. My understanding is that they have good sign-ups for their elementary school development league.  If so, the interest sounds like it is there. 

Theyve always had nice athletes on too. I bet they could be a pretty good program. 

Sadly, this season much like last season seems to be WL's to lose. I am interested to see the air show Friday on the short turf. Quite a way to open up the home season for LCC. 

What does everyone like about their team and dislike so far this year. 

For LCC, I love the way the defense has been playing against the run. We have some work to do in the secondary which is a scary thought with WL two 6'4+ WR coming in this Friday. Offensively, we are improving every week. Our Sophomore QB has a lot of tools, but in only his 3rd year of playing QB needs to work on decision making and stepping into the throws. 

WL is definitely still here for a reason.   Plenty left in the cupboard as they say...... not that anyone who has been paying attention thought they would all of a sudden be average......

RCHS:  I like our depth, with some injuries to key personnel we have not missed a beat with players being thrown into the fire or out of position we worked all summer with, so that has been good.   Was happy with our pad levels this past week, as been a big focus for us, as we are not big at all.   I have liked our composure in face of adversity going back to week 1 with injuries and guys unavailble, to even last week when we get the ball at half, up 14-7, go 3 n out, punt, give up touchdown, then we go 3 and out again, you could sense the tide turning, but we uncorked a HUGE 57 yard punt to push Western back to the 22, we force a 3 n out and their punt landed at mid field.  Scored 8 plays later and tacked on another one in the 4th for some breathing room against a very talented ans strong /big Western team.  

Dislike:  I will just keep those in house !!!  :classic_ninja::classic_biggrin:

I’m anxious to see my Blue Devils this week against a very good Cass squad. They’ll be by far the best team we have played. I was a little nervous about the defense going into the year but it has played very well so far. I love this group of linebackers(all are back next year) lead by Jr. Jayvin Lyons. He had 22 tackles Friday. Kid is just everywhere. I love how well the sophomores and even a freshman has stepped up this year. I believe there’s around 8 sophomores making an impact already. Run game has been fairly strong so far as well. Need to get the pass game going and to be able to finish drives. I like the weapons we have at WR. Overall with such a young and inexperienced team, I like where we are at. I think we will probably take some lumps here and there(possibly Friday) but I think we will continue to improve and compete for a Sectional. 

On 9/7/2019 at 3:16 AM, Ultimate Warrior said:

Theyve always had nice athletes on too. I bet they could be a pretty good program. 

The "old timers" who run the town and the school corporation could care less about tackle football, and several years shot down a well reasoned proposal primarily as too expensive.   They grudgingly allowed a soccer program primarily because with a small school like Rossville it tends to put a kibosh on the number of bodies available to play football.

Rossville will always be a basketball, and to a lesser extent baseball, school.  You don't want your star shooting guard breaking his arm/leg during the tail end of the football season and not being available to start shooting hoops, do you?

22 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The "old timers" who run the town and the school corporation could care less about tackle football, and several years shot down a well reasoned proposal primarily as too expensive.   They grudgingly allowed a soccer program primarily because with a small school like Rossville it tends to put a kibosh on the number of bodies available to play football.

Rossville will always be a basketball, and to a lesser extent baseball, school.  You don't want your star shooting guard breaking his arm/leg during the tail end of the football season and not being available to start shooting hoops, do you?

He could break his leg/arm going down the stairs in the morning. He could break his arm or leg in Soccer too. 

Do they have to wait for those old timers to die? Or what?

Do they realize it might increase enrollment? 

18 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

He could break his leg/arm going down the stairs in the morning. He could break his arm or leg in Soccer too. 

Do they have to wait for those old timers to die? Or what?

Do they realize it might increase enrollment? 

I'm not sure the Rossville community cares about increasing enrollment. It's a pretty insular little town.

Watched Western vs. Western Boone game.  I wasn't surprised Rensy got the win but was surprised they held Western to 14 points.  Rensy must be much better against the pass then Western Boone. Saw Pioneer vs. Cass, Cass is explosive on offense they can run and pass well.  I will be surprised if they get beat on their side of the conference.  If they stay healthy they should win their sectional.  Andrean, Rensy, Luers and Eastbrook in their way to state.  

• Like 1

Cass doing both Shotgun stuff and classic Wing T like the end of last year or all Gun again? 

1 hour ago, Scat said:

Watched Western vs. Western Boone game.  I wasn't surprised Rensy got the win but was surprised they held Western to 14 points.  Rensy must be much better against the pass then Western Boone. Saw Pioneer vs. Cass, Cass is explosive on offense they can run and pass well.  I will be surprised if they get beat on their side of the conference.  If they stay healthy they should win their sectional.  Andrean, Rensy, Luers and Eastbrook in their way to state.  

Held them 4-16 passing for 28 yards.  They had a couple drops in there, but considering we run very similar systems, our back end was very disciplined in their PA pass game, but the Trip stuff they do can be potent (Western I am referring too) 

15 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Cass doing both Shotgun stuff and classic Wing T like the end of last year or all Gun again? 

Held them 4-16 passing for 28 yards.  They had a couple drops in there, but considering we run very similar systems, our back end was very disciplined in their PA pass game, but the Trip stuff they do can be potent (Western I am referring too) 

Cass doing both. 

Wow, very impressive pass defense!  I think Western had 5 passing TD's against Western Boone.

9 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

yea, very active player vs TL when I was watching over the weekend.   Shows up quite a bit 

#64 is a big body for TIpton at LG

LOVE #60 for TL:   that boy is NASTY with his hands and get off.   

You may remember Lyons uncle Josh Mahaney. Graduated in 2002 and was a North/South all star LB. #64 is Nate Morgan and already as a Junior is the strongest athlete we’ve ever had. #60 for TL was a big’in to say the least!

5 hours ago, Scat said:

Cass has weapons all over the place. Eurit is as good of a back in 2A in my opinion. Our young defense has played well so far but will definitely have its hands full Friday.

7 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Tipton has enjoyed some early success, but they will get throttled this weekend.  I believe Cass is the real deal this season.

I watched them play against Pioneer online and was really impressed...and ever since Kyle and Tyson Johnson switched over to Cass and Tyson is playing for the kings. Im tryin to follow them as much as I can. 

Humphrey, Zeck, Eurit and Good are studs. Chambers is a nice looking QB too. 

I think Tipton and Cass will be an exciting game...with the kings pulling away in 2nd half. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

15 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Tipton has enjoyed some early success, but they will get throttled this weekend.  I believe Cass is the real deal this season.

So do we, I saw Cass almost beat Eastbrook in sectional last year and I believe that Cass should have and could have won that game if not for a couple of critical mistakes..

Edited by Maynard111
  • Like 1

https://www.pharostribune.com/sports/article_e5c34f24-d4fa-11e9-9ca8-bf8f849b3106.html

Tough Kid! I know he works very hard at everthing he does. Very good Role model as well. It doesnt matter if the playing grounds is a rectangle or a diamond this kid is an absolute weapon.

Edited by TheWaterBoii