Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Western Boone Commitments

I enjoyed watching the QB for WB the last couple of seasons, during the State Finals.  Excellent HS QB (Mr. Football Position award winner).  What are his plans post HS?

49 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

I enjoyed watching the QB for WB the last couple of seasons, during the State Finals.  Excellent HS QB (Mr. Football Position award winner).  What are his plans post HS?

Still TBD.  I believe there is at least 1 if not 2 more kids that will have opportunities (Spencer Wright is one of them)... 

1 hour ago, POTLUCK said:

Casey Foster is the best in the bunch in my opinion. Few inches taller and he would have been a D1 kid. 

He's an even better young man... But he was a beast in the trenches!

• Like 1

Spencer Wright has committed to Franklin College per his Twitter account.  Congrats 7!  And I think there may be a couple of more commitments coming from Webo... 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 8:31 AM, DannEllenwood said:

Spencer has committed to Franklin College.

One is curious:  Are all these OMG! Athletes currently attending Western Boone Senior High School native born sons of Sugar Creek, Washington, Clinton, Jefferson, Jackson or Harrison townships in Boone County?  Or has Dover been blessed with a few courtesy of open enrollment legislation?   After all Webo hasn't been shy over the past several years in advertising itself as the bees-knees in government school education: https://www.weboschools.org

• Disdain 2

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

One is curious:  Are all these OMG! Athletes currently attending Western Boone Senior High School native born sons of Sugar Creek, Washington, Clinton, Jefferson, Jackson or Harrison townships in Boone County?  Or has Dover been blessed with a few courtesy of open enrollment legislation?   After all Webo hasn't been shy over the past several years in advertising itself as the bees-knees in government school education: https://www.weboschools.org

Can't speak for all of them, but pretty sure that at least 5 of the 6 mentioned in this thread are not the first generation of their family to go through the school.  

• Like 1

Instead of questioning where kids come from in successful programs, maybe realize that Western Boone has a great strength and conditioning program.  If you watch their athletes in action in any sport, you can tell they have spent plenty of time working in the weight room. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

All are Webo kids and all have at least 1 parent that attended Webo.  

1 hour ago, WAF08 said:

Instead of questioning where kids come from in successful programs, maybe realize that Western Boone has a great strength and conditioning program.  If you watch their athletes in action in any sport, you can tell they have spent plenty of time working in the weight room. 

Coach Comer is too notch.  The athletes put in the time and effort and Coach Comer puts time into them.  

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

2 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

All are Webo kids and all have at least 1 parent that attended Webo.  

Doesn't really answer my question.  "Webo kids" is a little vague and the "at least one parent" comment is effectively meaningless.  A child currently living within the Lebanon city limits who attends Western Boone Senior High School and has a parent who also attended Western Boone Senior High School as a youth would also be classified as a "Webo kid", would they not?  

• Sit and spin 1

18 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Doesn't really answer my question.  "Webo kids" is a little vague and the "at least one parent" comment is effectively meaningless.  A child currently living within the Lebanon city limits who attends Western Boone Senior High School and has a parent who also attended Western Boone Senior High School as a youth would also be classified as a "Webo kid", would they not?  

They all live in Western Boone school district, they all attended either Granville Wells or Thorntown Elementary as elementary age kids.  To be honest, I am not sure there is a kid on the 64 man 2019 roster that lives outside the Western Boone School District..

What’s your next question? 

I mean clearly you have something to say and cant be happy for kids getting an opportunity at a higher level.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

You were wrong. Get over it.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

They all live in Western Boone school district, they all attended either Granville Wells or Thorntown Elementary as elementary age kids.  To be honest, I am not sure there is a kid on the 64 man 2019 roster that lives outside the Western Boone School District..

Thank you for finally answering my question in a direct and succinct matter.

Have a nice day.

9 hours ago, XStar said:

You were wrong. Get over it.  

I wish I knew what I was wrong about since I never put forward any sort of hypothesis or accusation.

• Disdain 1

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Thank you for finally answering my question in a direct and succinct matter.

Have a nice day.

I wish I knew what I was wrong about since I never put forward any sort of hypothesis or accusation.

Oh you put forth a hypothesis.  It just didn't pass any tests.  And now that it hasn't, you can't run away from it fast enough. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, XStar said:

Oh you put forth a hypothesis.  It just didn't pass any tests.  And now that it hasn't, you can't run away from it fast enough. 

Again,  run a way from what exactly, XStar?  At least have the courage to actually spit out what you are trying to say.  Or are the words too big for you to type and spell?

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Again,  run a way from what exactly, XStar?  At least have the courage to actually spit out what you are trying to say.  Or are the words too big for you to type and spell?

Anyone that reads your first post in this thread sees it.  I've got better things to do than be the person you try to argue with to distance yourself from it.  

4 minutes ago, XStar said:

Anyone that reads your first post in this thread sees it.  I've got better things to do than be the person you try to argue with to distance yourself from it.  

Just keep spinning, spinning, spinning......................

16 hours ago, POTLUCK said:

Didn't Wethington transfer from Lebanon as a sophomore? 

Wethington lives in the Webo School District, he went to Elementary School in the Webo School District, he played youth football at Webo

Edited by 1st_and_10

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Wethington lives in the Webo School District, he went to Elementary School in the Webo School District, he played youth football at Webo

You didn't answer the question.  

18 hours ago, XStar said:

Yep.  That's what you do.  

No friend, those are you actions in this thread, not mine.   Why you choose to obfuscate, dodge, and dive instead of actually typing out what you want to say is beyond me.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Maybe I had him mixed up with someone else. Other than Cruz Washington, who was the other Lebanon kid that transferred to Webo?