Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Western Boone Commitments

4 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Wethington lives in the Webo School District, he went to Elementary School in the Webo School District, he played youth football at Webo

Wethington moved to Lebanon for jr high and 9th grade.  He returned as sophomore to Webo, and was ruled ineligible for varsity play for 365 days.  I still consider him a Webo kid. 

22 minutes ago, superjay said:

Wethington moved to Lebanon for jr high and 9th grade.  He returned as sophomore to Webo, and was ruled ineligible for varsity play for 365 days.  I still consider him a Webo kid. 

I don't believe he "moved"... He did go to Lebanon (as stated above) but still resided in Webo School District.  His sister has always attended Webo Schools.

I am not sure why Muda needs the background of every kid that played at Webo...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

You didn't answer the question.  

No friend, those are you actions in this thread, not mine.   Why you choose to obfuscate, dodge, and dive instead of actually typing out what you want to say is beyond me.

I clarified in a post above... .

Again, do you not believe a small Rural school can have athletes?  I don't understand your disdain for these young men and what they have accomplished?  

Edited by 1st_and_10

5 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I don't believe he "moved"... He did go to Lebanon (as stated above) but still resided in Webo School District.  His sister has always attended Webo Schools.

I am not sure why Muda needs the background of every kid that played at Webo...

I never said I did.

Nice flip-flop by young Mr. Wethington.  Open enrollment legislation working as intended?

• Disdain 1

7 minutes ago, POTLUCK said:

I know that. There was another player that transferred from Lebanon before Cruz came over. 

Kruze moved to Jamestown.  He didn't just Transfer in.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

I never said I did.

Nice flip-flop by young Mr. Wethington.  Open enrollment legislation working as intended?

You can ask the family... I won't speculate on a kid/family decision to attend another school.

• Like 1

Just now, 1st_and_10 said:

Again, do you not believe a small Rural school can have athletes?  I don't understand your disdain for these young men and what they have accomplished?  

Never said that.  In fact the last time Frankfort had a modicum of success on the gridiron the quarterback was a transfer from Clinton Central. 

And I have never expressed "disdain" for these young men or their accomplishments.  Was just curious as to how "local" these children were and whether or not current open-enrollment legislation helped to allow such an apparent stockpiling of OMG! Athlete talent at such a "small Rural school".

Just now, Muda69 said:

Never said that.  In fact the last time Frankfort had a modicum of success on the gridiron the quarterback was a transfer from Clinton Central. 

And I have never expressed "disdain" for these young men or their accomplishments.  Was just curious as to how "local" these children were and whether or not current open-enrollment legislation helped to allow such an apparent stockpiling of OMG! Athlete talent at such a "small Rural school".

So now you know.. They have all lived/grown up in the Webo School District.  Open Enrollment hasn't helped and Webo Community Schools does advertise welcoming new/transferring students...  I assure you they aren't looking at the athletic pedigree before taking them either... 

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

So now you know.. They have all lived/grown up in the Webo School District.  Open Enrollment hasn't helped and Webo Community Schools does advertise welcoming new/transferring students...  I assure you they aren't looking at the athletic pedigree before taking them either... 

Yet you did have at least one leave the Western Boone Community government school corporation, then come back.  At what could look like a somewhat opportune time.   But I guess that is for the watchful eye of the IHSAA to determine.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Yet you did have at least one leave the Western Boone Community government school corporation, then come back.  At what could look like a somewhat opportune time.   But I guess that is for the watchful eye of the IHSAA to determine.

He sat out of varsity competition for 365 days (as mentioned above).  He did not play a varsity sport his Sophomore Season.  You are digging for something that isn't there...

Edited by 1st_and_10

2 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

He sat out of varsity competition for 365 days (as mentioned above).  He did not play a varsity sport his Sophomore Season.  You are digging for something that isn't there...

I'm not digging for anything.  That is your paranoia talking, not mine.

On 2/20/2020 at 8:21 AM, Muda69 said:

You didn't answer the question.  

No friend, those are you actions in this thread, not mine.   Why you choose to obfuscate, dodge, and dive instead of actually typing out what you want to say is beyond me.

When you refuse to acknowledge the very words you post, there is no point for anyone else to try to reason with you.  You're being willfully ignorant.  And that's fine.  I'm just not going to invest a ton of time explaining why you're wrong when it is self-evident to anyone who reads this thread.  

6 minutes ago, XStar said:

When you refuse to acknowledge the very words you post, there is no point for anyone else to try to reason with you.  You're being willfully ignorant.  And that's fine.  I'm just not going to invest a ton of time explaining why you're wrong when it is self-evident to anyone who reads this thread.  

No, I'm not being willfully ignorant, friend.  Exactly what words that I posted are you referring to?

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to Jake Jones on his commitment to Franklin College!

UPDATED LIST OF WEBO COMMITMENTS:

Brett Wethington RB/LB-- IU*

Caleb Freeman DL--St. Francis*

Casey Foster OL--Indiana Wesleyan*

Max Johnson OL--Franklin College*

Connor Hole DB--IU

Spencer Wright QB--Franklin College

Jake Jones OL--Franklin College

Out of a Senior Class of 18, 7 have committed to play at the next level (there may be 1 more to add to that).  

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:56 AM, 1st_and_10 said:

Congratulations to Jake Jones on his commitment to Franklin College!

Brett Wethington RB/LB-- IU*

Caleb Freeman DL--St. Francis*

Casey Foster OL--Indiana Wesleyan*

Max Johnson OL--Franklin College*

Connor Hole DB--IU

Out of a Senior Class of 18, 7 have committed to play at the next level (there may be 1 more to add to that).  

Caleb Irion has committed to play football at Trine

Out of a Senior Class of 18, 8 have committed to play at the next level (I still think there may be 1 more).

• 4 weeks later...

CONGRATULATIONS TO CORTEZ STOUDEMIRE who committed to play football and basketball at Depauw!

9/18 Seniors on are playing at the next level.  Certainly a special class of athletes!  Congratulations class of 2020!

Brett Wethington RB/LB-- IU

Caleb Freeman DL--St. Francis

Casey Foster OL--Indiana Wesleyan

Max Johnson OL--Franklin College

Connor Hole DB--IU

Caleb Irion RB/DB-- Trine University

Cortez Stoudemire WR/DB--Depauw