Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Coach at New Prairie

5 minutes ago, DT said:

The return of Kirk Kennedy?

His kind of place

I love that idea. But I’m not sure how Coach Kennedy would feel about “following in the footsteps” of Coach Radtke. Rumor has it that when they were both in the Region, they didn’t exactly send each other Christmas cards.

• Like 1

I'm just an alum in the bleachers every Friday night. No dogs in the fight, yet.. I'm thankful for the culture that Russ brought to NP. I do hear mixed opinions about him. Maybe it was his time move on.  I'm not in the inner circle but have obsered since Bart had the reigns. I'm assuming Jolio and Ted will stay with Russ. That might sting more than anything. Both appeared to be very respected. IMO Schwingendorf or Whitenack would be excellent candidates for the job. There's lots of great young talent coming up. I think the Coug's will be O.K. 

20 hours ago, NP89 said:

I'm just an alum in the bleachers every Friday night. No dogs in the fight, yet.. I'm thankful for the culture that Russ brought to NP. I do hear mixed opinions about him. Maybe it was his time move on.  I'm not in the inner circle but have obsered since Bart had the reigns. I'm assuming Jolio and Ted will stay with Russ. That might sting more than anything. Both appeared to be very respected. IMO Schwingendorf or Whitenack would be excellent candidates for the job. There's lots of great young talent coming up. I think the Coug's will be O.K. 

Article from The Times last week pretty much covers every thing.

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/football/q-a-russ-radtke-shares-thoughts-on-leaving-new-prairie/article_701da719-f5fe-5cbc-bd00-fcb73b8af0b3.html

He also told guy from the The Post-Tribune that he is 39 years, he said to his granddaughter that after he reached a certain age he started going backwards.

Jim Peters from the New-Dispatch talked to other area coaches.  When Michigan City and Portage plays each other this season, between the years both coaches spent at Andrean, Michigan City, Griffith and New Prairie it will be the 12th matchup between Russ Radtke and Phil Mason inluding the 5 time Michigan City and New Prairie scrimmaged each other.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, npcougar15 said:

Rumor mill starting to swirl...and it’s a juicy one. Heard it could be public as soon as Monday. 

i would not be surprised to see np get another great established coach.  great schedule and winnable sectional w/ tremendous talent.

good luck np.

17 hours ago, npcougar15 said:

Rumor mill starting to swirl...and it’s a juicy one. Heard it could be public as soon as Monday. 

And you see this is why posting stuff like this is dangerous as I know for a FACT, that NP just extended their Application Deadline to TOMORROW

Then they will be going through the applications starting MONDAY...... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

And you see this is why posting stuff like this is dangerous as I know for a FACT, that NP just extended their Application Deadline to TOMORROW

Then they will be going through the applications starting MONDAY...... 

Eric Nowlin and Dann Ellenwood 

New Prairie 2020. Haaa i kid. 

• Like 1