Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong?

swordfish

An coronavirus pandemic related story:

John Kraskinski slammed as 'sellout' over 'Some Good News' deal with CBS

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/john-kraskinski-slammed-selling-some-good-new\

It's bad news for "Some Good News" host John Krasinski.

As the coronavirus outbreak worsened around the world back in March, Krasinski, 40, launched the online show "Some Good News," which was dedicated entirely to sharing positive news stories.

The show drew a large audience quickly, its first episode earning 17 million views on YouTube while the show's Instagram page had nearly a million followers.

This past Thursday, it was announced that ViacomCBS had picked up "Some Good News" to air on CBS All Access as well as some of the company's other brands. It also was announced that Krasinski would not return as the host.

Following Viacom's success in what The Hollywood Reporter called a "massive bidding war," fans expressed disappointment with the "Quiet Place" star, calling him a "sellout" profiting off his feel-good program that had been free online.

"This makes me feel like you’re a sellout. was this a money move? i really don’t understand," one Twitter user wrote. "Your show could have just inspired them to share good news, not take what you started. it was easier to access SGN, not this network."

"John Krasinski played us like a damn [fiddle] made a network and used his fame to sellout and make money during these hard times," another wrote.

A third added: "remember when he created this free feel good YouTube show to 'make people feel good' and now he is................selling it for $$$? really cool, 100% honorable."

"Kind of a sell out move. This should have just been a free fun thing," an Instagram follower wrote. "You tainted the good news name. Just another corporate conglomerate with floors of lawyers to control what is put forth. Sad."

Other fans were unhappy that the show would end up CBS All Access, slamming the platform in the comments of a recent Instagram post following the announcement.

"I love SGN BUT I’m hoping we’ll still be able to watch somewhere other than CBS All Access. Speaking from experience, it’s a HORRIBLE platform," a follower wrote. "Its a pay service, with commercials, and skips/ pixelates like crazy."

While Krasinski will no longer host the show, he will maintain some kind of on-screen presence and will serve as the show's executive producer, according to the announcement.

Reps for Krasinski did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

You create something, then you can sell it if you wish.

It's called capitalism, the American Way.

• Disdain 1

On 4/29/2020 at 8:48 AM, Muda69 said:

'Bring the president down here': Indiana meat plant workers angered by planned Trump order

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2020/04/29/trump-order-on-meat-plants-shocks-indiana-workers/3042245001/

Good idea from Mr. Harris to have Mr. Trump work on the Tyson production line.  He should bring Mr. Pence along for good measure.

Based on recently updated Indiana Department of Health coronavirus data, the mortality rate of positive coronavirus diagnosis in Cass county is approximately 0.0038%.  Similar to the annual influenza virus.

https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm

• Disdain 2

11 hours ago, Howe said:

'Bring the president down here': Indiana meat plant workers angered by planned Trump order

He could return to Carrier while he's here. Let's see what they think of him now since the jobs he "saved" left anyway.

2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

you won't see him much on MSNBC......at least for anything positive.....

I haven't watched anything on MSNBC in at least 10 years. "heartfelt" message. Doesn't that require a heart first? Pence is a robot. 

13 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I haven't watched anything on MSNBC in at least 10 years. "heartfelt" message. Doesn't that require a heart first? Pence is a robot. 

Then why are you interested?  Your the one who asked about him.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swordfish said:

Then why are you interested?  Your the one who asked about him.......

I thought he might have the 'rona and they were hiding him away. It's in the White House.

1 minute ago, TrojanDad said:

But you thought it was easier to ask then check it out for yourself??

Yep. It was easier. I knew you'd jump right on it.

2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Sorry you didn't get the news you desired.

Your words, not mine Sonnyboy.

8 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Your the one who asked about him.......

*you're*

• Haha 1

Based on Liberal mainstream media fake news, Trump should have died of a heart attack by now since he has been taking hydroxychloroquine every day for the past few weeks.😂

• Disdain 1

1 minute ago, TrojanDad said:

You'll never convince me or anyone else you were showing concern for Pence

I never said I was showing concern. Reading comprehension-it's important.  Again, your words, not mine Sonnyboy. Another fail. Why do you even try? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

It was sarcasm.  Geesh, look in a mirror Gramps.

We know your intent for asking about Pence....you were hoping he had CV.  We get it man.  Sorry you were disappointed.

Go get your Raisinets and suck the chocolate off them or whatever you do on your front porch.  Give the iPad back to the grandkids....

Most old people see being a grandparent as being a badge of honor. It means they raised their kids well.

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Most old people see being a grandparent as being a badge of honor. It means they raised their kids well.

That explains it perfectly. It also helps if your kids aren't ugly. 

Edited by gonzoron
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:32 AM, Howe said:

Large crowds gather across America, even in San Francisco with little social distancing and very few masks.

CBS deleted this video in under 24 hours. Perhaps the thumbnail showing people gathered together at a park in San Francisco with no social distancing and only one person wearing a mask does not fit their coronavirus narrative. 

• Disdain 1