Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong?

swordfish

39 minutes ago, Howe said:

Dr. Ron Paul was stating Dr. Fauci was a fraud early in the coronavirus outbreak. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. doesn't have a civil word to say about Dr. Fauci. There have been books written about Dr. Fauci. I view him as a political activist and spokesman for the vaccine industry. He told Americans to not worry about the coronavirus from January until late February. All hell broke loose in the middle of March. He told Americans not to wear masks. He later changed his tune and said the reason was because the general public would purchase masks necessary for medical personnel. Hospitals order supplies from certified medical supply distributors. The general public purchases medical supplies online or from companies like Wal Mart or Costco.

Dr. fauci appears to be hell bent on the maximum lockdown possible and a vaccine.

Your characterization of Dr. Fauci’s role reflects your bias. Everything that you’ve talked about happened during the last 6 months. The man has been the director of NIAID for 36 yrs., and has devoted his entire professional life to Public Health Service. He’s been awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. He’s one of the greatest scientists in the history of the field. You and the rest of the clueless character assassins should be ashamed of yourselves. Nobody is happy about what has gone on for the last several months. I guess some people just have to have a scapegoat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Your characterization of Dr. Fauci’s role reflects your bias. Everything that you’ve talked about happened during the last 6 months. The man has been the director of NIAID for 36 yrs., and has devoted his entire professional life to Public Health Service. He’s been awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. He’s one of the greatest scientists in the history of the field. You and the rest of the clueless character assassins should be ashamed of yourselves. Nobody is happy about what has gone on for the last several months. I guess some people just have to have a scapegoat.

I understand Dr. Fauci is the new super hero to the left. Fauci is the new Robert Mueller. The lefties kept stating all the great accolades of Mueller yet he proved to be nothing more than an old fool. Just like Fauci.

21 minutes ago, Howe said:

I understand Dr. Fauci is the new super hero to the left. Fauci is the new Robert Mueller. The lefties kept stating all the great accolades of Mueller yet he proved to be nothing more than an old fool. Just like Fauci.

True science is neither “Left” nor “Right.” The fact that you think it is tells anyone all they need to know.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bobref said:

True science is neither “Left” nor “Right.” The fact that you think it is tells anyone all they need to know.

I never claimed science to have a political preference. However, people do and Dr. Fauci is a political activist and spokesman for the vaccine industry. Our factory had approximately 500 employees voluntarily wearing masks two and a half months ago. We now have approximately 100 with a mandatory mask policy. Obviously the people view Dr. Fauci and the mainstream media with skepticism.

7 hours ago, Howe said:

I never claimed science to have a political preference. However, people do and Dr. Fauci is a political activist and spokesman for the vaccine industry. Our factory had approximately 500 employees voluntarily wearing masks two and a half months ago. We now have approximately 100 with a mandatory mask policy. Obviously the people view Dr. Fauci and the mainstream media with skepticism.

Nor is science a popularity contest.

And the idea that Dr. Fauci is a spokesperson for the vaccine industry is, of course, ludicrous. Of course, he is pro-vaccine. Show me a highly regarded immunologist who isn’t. But he’s been the Director of NIAID since Reagan was President. None of us knew his name until 6 months ago. That’s a pretty lousy industry spokesperson.

As far as a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2, Dr. Fauci has been frequently misquoted and misrepresented on that subject by those with a political agenda. See, e.g., https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/meme-misrepresents-faucis-position-on-vaccine-trials/.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

Nor is science a popularity contest.

And the idea that Dr. Fauci is a spokesperson for the vaccine industry is, of course, ludicrous. Of course, he is pro-vaccine. Show me a highly regarded immunologist who isn’t. But he’s been the Director of NIAID since Reagan was President. None of us knew his name until 6 months ago. That’s a pretty lousy industry spokesperson.

As far as a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2, Dr. Fauci has been frequently misquoted and misrepresented on that subject by those with a political agenda. See, e.g., https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/meme-misrepresents-faucis-position-on-vaccine-trials/.

It is obvious Dr. Fauci is considered a super hero to all Democrats. This thread has covered multiple instances where his opinion has been dead wrong or an outright lie. We have different opinions. Fauci is a trusted source of information to you. He is a political activist, spokesman for the vaccine industry and a multiple time confirmed liar to me.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Gee, if someone wrote a book on it, it must be true.

As you previously stated "none of us knew his name until 6 months ago". Obviously several of his scientific colleagues know him well enough to author two books about his corruption. These people are award winning scientists.

Democrats do not care. They will continue to worship the cult of Dr. Fauci as he is simply another vehicle to their end goal.

this aint Fauci....Fox news !

https://www.foxnews.com/health/wearing-mask-cuts-own-risk-novel-coronavirus-65-percent-experts-say

sounds to me like with the recent spikes (full blown mess if you ask me), that all the non mask wearers non social distancing people on beaches, in bars etc. have nothing to do with it..... it is all the social distancing mask wearers causing it ! (heavy sarcasm)

1 hour ago, dazed and confused said:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/wearing-mask-cuts-own-risk-novel-coronavirus-65-percent-experts-say

sounds to me like with the recent spikes (full blown mess if you ask me), that all the non mask wearers non social distancing people on beaches, in bars etc. have nothing to do with it..... it is all the social distancing mask wearers causing it ! (heavy sarcasm)

I’ll wait for tomorrow’s “expert study”.  Certainly it’ll have something I like better.

(And once again for the record I am a mask wearing citizen where it is recommended.)

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

A chief of pediatric infectious disease at UC Davis and a professor of chemical engineering at UC Davis say masks reduce the risk of coronavirus spread by 65%.

I have posted video's of Dr. Fauci, The Center for Disease Control, The World Health Organization and The Surgeon General stating cloth and surgical masks provide no protection against the spread of coronavirus. 

The factory where I work had five people test positive about 7 weeks ago. The company implemented a mandatory mask policy. Currently approximately 90% of the union workers refuse to wear a mask. Around 900 union employee's refuse to wear a mask or social distance yet we have had no further spread of the coronavirus. The label on the masks our company has says the mask provides no protection for the coronavirus and are not for medical use.

1 hour ago, Howe said:

A chief of pediatric infectious disease at UC Davis and a professor of chemical engineering at UC Davis say masks reduce the risk of coronavirus spread by 65%.

I have posted video's of Dr. Fauci, The Center for Disease Control, The World Health Organization and The Surgeon General stating cloth and surgical masks provide no protection against the spread of coronavirus. 

The factory where I work had five people test positive about 7 weeks ago. The company implemented a mandatory mask policy. Currently approximately 90% of the union workers refuse to wear a mask. Around 900 union employee's refuse to wear a mask or social distance yet we have had no further spread of the coronavirus. The label on the masks our company has says the mask provides no protection for the coronavirus and are not for medical use.

You run Fauci through the woodchipper then use him to try to support your argument....hilarious !

Glad for your factory but it isnt Fla., Texas, etc.....

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

You run Fauci through the woodchipper then use him to try to support your argument....hilarious !

Glad for your factory but it isnt Fla., Texas, etc.....

Fauci is considered a super hero of the left.  I do not trust any information from American bureaucracies or the World Health Organization. 

I was not aware the coronavirus spread at different rates among factory workers who refuse to wear a mask in Florida and Texas as compared to Indianapolis.

The mandatory public mask policy started today in Indianapolis. I counted one out of six customers wearing a mask inside the local BP today.

53rd annual Feast of the Hunters' Moon canceled; festival postponed to 2021

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/2020/07/08/feast-hunters-moon-canceled-festival-postponed-2021/5401823002/

The 53rd annual Feast of the Hunters’ Moon, a two-day festival at Fort Ouiatenon recreating the annual fall gathering of the French and Native Americans at the fur-trading outpost in the 18th century has been canceled, according to a release from the Tippecanoe County Historical Association.

This year’s festival, which typically takes place in October, will be pushed back one year to October 9 and 10, 2021, a decision that was made based upon the difficulty of maintaining social distancing and other recommended Centers for Disease Control guidelines at large events in the mist of the novel coronavirus pandemic.

Leslie Martin Conwell, acting director and Feast event manager, said other logistics played a part in canceling this year, including the food booths, vendors, performers and over 6,000 volunteers. Postponing to the spring creates additional problems, she said, including potential flooding from the Wabash River. However, it is not out of the question to create a virtual event this year, but a plan has not been created yet. 

"There's no other word than devastating, but it was a decision that needed to be made," Martin Conwell said. "Now we have to pivot. Luckily, we've had to pivot before, and we know how to move fast on our feet."

The Feast is the main fundraising event for the Tippecanoe County Historical Association, amounting to nearly 70 percent of the organization's annual income. The Feast typically draws crowds of around 40,000 each year.

“With support from the community, our loyal membership, sponsors, and Feast participants, we will weather these tough financial times with the goal for the Feast to return in 2021 and for TCHA to remain a strong community resource," TCHA board president Pete Bill said in a release.

How sad.  I really enjoy attending the Feast almost every year.    And a lot of small local organizations depend on what they earn at the Feast every October for a significant portion of their operating income.

Bill DeBlasio's real name was  William Wilhelm Jr. until he was 41 years old. The coronavirus does not spread during mass riots, looting and protests. Liquor stores, weed shops and abortion clinics are also safe from spread of the virus. The cloth masks in this video are effective especially when worn on the chin.

MODERN MEDICINE

The third-leading cause of death in US most doctors don’t want you to know about

• A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.
  • Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.
  • Advocates are fighting back, pushing for greater legislation for patient safety.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

• Disdain 1

Democrats and their mainstream media propaganda machine take the exact opposite position to anything Trump says or does. If Trump is broadcast on video wearing a mask again they will be against it.

The mandatory public mask mandate in Indianapolis has been in effect for three days. The owners of two gas stations and about half of their staff were not wearing masks. Most of the customers were not wearing masks. The staff of a local bar were wearing masks but none of the customers were wearing masks. The manufacturing plant where I work has around 800 employee's who were not wearing masks. Our plant has had no problems purchasing surgical masks for over 1,000 employee's throughout the coronavirus outbreak and we never shut down.

If wearing a mask is crucial it would have been beneficial for Dr. Facui, the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization to advise people as such early in the outbreak instead of advising people the exact opposite. "Science" typically does not determine the exact opposite of their original analysis in a few months. 

• Disdain 1