Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

9 hours ago, Zonefball said:

Could end up being a big move, had a great record in WV. Wonder how many Jeff/NA kids he will get to come try and win 1A titles. Favorable situation to do so. 

But what's his connection? Surely there are a lot of small, down on your luck programs between WV and Rock Creek. 

14 hours ago, Zonefball said:

I guess time will tell. The schedule WW plays is pretty weak. After looking up last seasons results and what you all have said is returning, i guess WW is a contender.

Are there a lot of 1A schools with overly good schedules? Their coaching takes a back seat to no one. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 9:24 AM, JQWL said:

But what's his connection? Surely there are a lot of small, down on your luck programs between WV and Rock Creek. 

Does he need one? Maybe fresh eyes and a new voice *that can recruit*. Some coaches seem to have 'it' and others don't. 

On 6/1/2019 at 8:43 AM, boilerfan87 said:

It will be interesting but they've barely had enough kids to field a team since its inception. They've had a different coach every year as well. There's a long way to go for them. I hope they get it going because it is good for football in this part of the state. 

Seems like it just takes the right HC, and stability like you said. Look at Indy privates. A strong HC that can convince NA, Jeff, Charlestown, SC 3rd stringers to win 1A titles could do some damage. Time will tell tho. 

WW's Caleb Murphy received and committed to an offer from Indiana University. 

Proud does not describe the feelings of the coaching staff.

Caleb is very deserving. His competition will come into question as our team's does, on this thread and in other parts of the state. Caleb dominates our competition and has shown his ability against top talent at various camps and competitions. 

Caleb will be a program guy that does what is necessary to improve his team.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/indiana-hoosiers-football-2020-in-state-de-caleb-murphy-commits-to-iu

20190604_233841.jpg

IMG_20190605_000742_975.jpg

IMG_20190605_000742_974.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zonefball said:

Seems like it just takes the right HC, and stability like you said. Look at Indy privates. A strong HC that can convince NA, Jeff, Charlestown, SC 3rd stringers to win 1A titles could do some damage. Time will tell tho. 

I agree. They need more kids. Their enrollment is very low, one of the lowest in the state to have a team. Plus, they also have boys soccer as a fall sport. Some of them actually play both soccer and football!

Also....Congrats to Mr. Murphy on such an opportunity and congrats to the WW community. What a cool opportunity. Even if it is IU 😆

Edited by boilerfan87

9 hours ago, Zonefball said:

Does he need one? Maybe fresh eyes and a new voice *that can recruit*. Some coaches seem to have 'it' and others don't. 

Of course there needs to be one. Why else would a long time assistant at a small West Virginia school even know about this job when people living here had no idea it was open?

11 hours ago, Zonefball said:

This is insulting. To make a statement that 3rd stringers from those average 3A-6A programs could get together and win a 1A title is ludicrous (Those teams are not Carmel, Warren, Ben Davis or Cathedral). As a coach that played at New Albany, then Franklin with multiple Indy Metro players, coached for 20 years I find this statement offensive.

I can objectively judge talent and set my school pride aside. WW is a good 1A program. A collection of 3rd stringers from those teams would get their collective a$$e$ handed to them by our football team. END OF STORY. 

1A has extremely talented players on them and many of them have talent deep into their roster. WW has a history of competing with and defeating schools of a much larger size. We compete with them at camps and scrimmages to improve our competition. We have always belonged on that field with them and our players met the challenge. We consistently beat teams in the MSC, before the conference grew so large in football we played the King (Brownstown) better then most of the members of the MSC.

WW's current roster has multiple players that would take starting positions away from players on the teams you mentioned above if they were playing there.  

I am always very neutral, but this hit a nerve and I could not bite my tongue. 

I will give benefit of the doubt and not judge the poster by the post. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, senatorcoach72 said:

This is insulting. To make a statement that 3rd stringers from those average 3A-6A programs could get together and win a 1A title is ludicrous (Those teams are not Carmel, Warren, Ben Davis or Cathedral). As a coach that played at New Albany, then Franklin with multiple Indy Metro players, coached for 20 years I find this statement offensive.

I can objectively judge talent and set my school pride aside. WW is a good 1A program. A collection of 3rd stringers from those teams would get their collective a$$e$ handed to them by our football team. END OF STORY. 

1A has extremely talented players on them and many of them have talent deep into their roster. WW has a history of competing with and defeating schools of a much larger size. We compete with them at camps and scrimmages to improve our competition. We have always belonged on that field with them and our players met the challenge. We consistently beat teams in the MSC, before the conference grew so large in football we played the King (Brownstown) better then most of the members of the MSC.

WW's current roster has multiple players that would take starting positions away from players on the teams you mentioned above if they were playing there.  

I am always very neutral, but this hit a nerve and I could not bite my tongue. 

I will give benefit of the doubt and not judge the poster by the post. 

Amen! Preach it brother. Although it is not going to change the mindset of most folks with their "little brother" attitudes. That's why it took a Jack Kiser to finally break through the "glass ceiling" for Mr. Football. Still folks were on here claiming Notre Dame made a mistake recruiting him. That's why Caleb Murphy's opportunity at IU thrills me, I've watched this young man develop over the last few years. I've been privileged to see him learn from mistakes, celebrate his successes, and integrate himself into a cohesive unit that thrills us fans in the stands.

I don't have to claim neutrality because I'm a fan, a fan of a small school in the middle of a cornfield that has faced every challenge thrown at them. A fan of quality football being played every Friday night all over Indiana who happens to think that 1A has just as much quality as any class. A fan of young men from all classes of football advancing to the next level of competition, or moving on to military service, or taking positions of leadership in corporate America and excelling because of the values they learned while involved in football. Like standing shoulder to shoulder and beating your competition, learning to trust your teammate has your back and will hold that block or make that tackle, knowing your coach has put together a game plan that will maximize your strengths and exploit the other teams weaknesses, and perhaps most of all to be able to adjust your strategy mid-game and believe that on any given night anything can happen. I'm a fan of 1A football because at this level it seems every one gets a chance regardless. 

It is stinking thinking to believe small school means small talent. There are plenty of 4A-6A schools that would have wanted nothing to do with playing  Pioneer, Linton, etc. from 1A. Heck some of them don't want anything to do with WW. It would be very interesting to see the champions from each class play one extra game each year. Maybe rotate it each year between classes. IE: 6A vs.1A, 5a vs. 2A, 4A vs. 3A, next year 6A vs. 5a, 4A vs. 3A, 2A vs. 1A, next year 6A vs. 3A, 5A vs, 2A, 4A vs. 1A and so forth. I would be willing to bet the coaches of 5A & 6A would be the first to speak against it. 1A is where it's happening!

Rant over

Coaches coach, Players play, Fans cheer

On 6/1/2019 at 9:24 AM, JQWL said:

Maybe it has to do with family, former schoolmates, coaching buddies, etc. 6 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t be sleeping on Perry Central this coming year. They have a couple of major 3 sport very athletic juniors who are gonna make some big noise. They have also moved down to 1A in WW sectional so all this WW talk might be for not. It’s not gonna be as easy as you think it’s gonna be. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 4:08 AM, pc2799 said:

Don’t be sleeping on Perry Central this coming year. They have a couple of major 3 sport very athletic juniors who are gonna make some big noise. They have also moved down to 1A in WW sectional so all this WW talk might be for not. It’s not gonna be as easy as you think it’s gonna be. 

No one from WW would ever sleep on PC. We know what kind of program they have. I actually think the entire PLAC is going to be better competition this year. Should be fun. All of this prognostication is just a way to pass the time for fans. Players and coaches know what it takes to win and they take nothing for granted. 

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I have never attended a West Washington game but that is going to change this season.

You should.. it's a very good atmosphere there. They have great food as well. 

That was the main reason my dad was so mad they had to be taken off our schedule lol. 

• 5 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Lions 55 said:

Sitting here flipping between preseason NFL games....BLACK/GOLD scrimmage tomorrow night...This is seriously the BEST time of the year!!!  

I cant wait for season. Sucks it looks like we wont have a week 8 opp but at least we have a full sectional. Haha. 

• Like 1