Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

20 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Just noticed, Mitchell opens at Edgewood. After getting new red turf last year, Edgewood had another construction project over the summer. New home and visitors locker facilities. I can't recall whether they had already done a bleacher upgrade or if it was in the works. I know they've flipped home and away stands, so the visitors will now have to face the sun in the early season games. As an added bonus they have also added officials dressing in the new building, so we no longer have the long walk across the parking lot. Edgewood has made some massive facility upgrades the last two years, it looks awesome. 

Good for them. Great to hear other schools putting some money in. 

Hello all! I lost my other account so I'm under a new alias. I could only sit through half of the Paoli / FP scrimmage. The combo of new coach, new offense, player attrition has really messed up Paoli. Not only did they graduate 18 seniors they have had several kids not return for their senior season (huge mistakes). I hate to say this but from what I seen last week Paoli maybe goes 2-8 and only wins a sectional game if they get a good draw......I am not dogging the new coach, I'm just saying usually the first year is hard at any school let alone a small school that went from 65 players to 30ish. I really hope I get proven wrong!!

There are specific rules as to how many consecutive plays an individual player can play. So if a player plays 40 plays, he probably participated in too many consecutive plays. However, I'm not sure how many small schools can actually adhere to that rule without putting kids on the field that might not be prepared to play at that speed or even protect themselves 

Crawford Co. at Switzerland Co.

Eastern Greene at Springs Valley

Madison at Paoli (I think if Paoli wins it's from defense in a close game)

Mitchell at Edgewood

Perry Central at Tell City

West Washington at Eastern Pekin

Charlestown at Silver Creek

Clarksville at Scottsburg

Corydon at Brownstown

Salem at North Harrison

36 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

What isn’t allowed?

http://www.ihsaa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Ksqxsc51QrQ%3d&portalid=0

Specifically:

IV. Players

No athlete should be on the field for more than fifteen (15) consecutive plays without a 10- minute rest period. No player shall participate in any more than 48 total plays. Only those players who have participated in five days of full contact practice shall be allowed to participate in this scrimmage. Players must have full eligibility as transfer students to participate. Students with limited eligibility are not permitted to participate.

• Like 1

Crawford Co. 40 Switzerland co 28

Eastern Greene 36 Springs Valley 8

Madison 20 Paoli 6 (Saw Madison in a scrimmage, much better coached!)

Mitchell 30 Edgewood 28

Perry Central 12 Tell City 6

West Washington 40 Eastern Pekin 14

Charlestown 14 Silver Creek 6 (Both D's are stout)

Scottsburg 35 Clarksville 20

Brownstown 41 Corydon 0

Salem 37 N.Harrison 14

2 hours ago, npatman said:

I finally gave in and went through the security stuff and set up my new account.

Wow, two of you so far picking Corydon over Brownstown...what's your logic? Just curious.

I was wondering the same thing about the people picking Eastern Greene after the dumpster fire offseason they had. Oh well that's why we have this forum. Opinions! that's why they play the games. Otherwise we could just have them ship the trophy to Campbellsburg and celebrate our undefeated season!! 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

http://www.ihsaa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Ksqxsc51QrQ%3d&portalid=0

Specifically:

IV. Players

No athlete should be on the field for more than fifteen (15) consecutive plays without a 10- minute rest period. No player shall participate in any more than 48 total plays. Only those players who have participated in five days of full contact practice shall be allowed to participate in this scrimmage. Players must have full eligibility as transfer students to participate. Students with limited eligibility are not permitted to participate.

I wasn’t exactly counting, but they were out there A LOT. Marion Lukes played a lot.

1 hour ago, SenatorFan said:

I was wondering the same thing about the people picking Eastern Greene after the dumpster fire offseason they had. Oh well that's why we have this forum. Opinions! that's why they play the games. Otherwise we could just have them ship the trophy to Campbellsburg and celebrate our undefeated season!! 😂

Easy saying that stuff without the invention of sarcasm font!! Even with the emoji someone is bound to take that serious and try to make it bulletin board material. 🤣🤣

9 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Just noticed, Mitchell opens at Edgewood. After getting new red turf last year, Edgewood had another construction project over the summer. New home and visitors locker facilities. I can't recall whether they had already done a bleacher upgrade or if it was in the works. I know they've flipped home and away stands, so the visitors will now have to face the sun in the early season games. As an added bonus they have also added officials dressing in the new building, so we no longer have the long walk across the parking lot. Edgewood has made some massive facility upgrades the last two years, it looks awesome. 

Very vibrantly growing bedroom community of Bloomington.

6 hours ago, Zonefball said:

Finally time for season. No more talk. Get to see how it goes down every friday.

Week 1

Switz. Co.

Edgewood 

Perry Cent.

West Wash

Creekers 

S'burg

Corydon

Salem

Madison 

Eastern Green

Edited by Zonefball
Addition of pick

10 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

This is where I take issue with some of your posts. You are accusing Charlestown of cheating in a flippant post, and then you backtrack. 

Whoa whoa whoa. I never accused them of cheating. I said they play their starters most of the time. They do this every year. And I have no idea why?  But I know that coach Hawkins DOES play by the rules. 

I take offense to people calling that an “even scrimmage” when 1 team plays their starters a lot and the other team doesn’t. Just because you are an official doesn’t mean you can officiate on this board. Just because you don’t like me, doesn’t mean you can put words in my mouth.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Disdain 1

Crawford Co. at Switzerland Co.

Eastern Greene at Springs Valley

Madison at Paoli

Mitchell at Edgewood

Perry Central at Tell City

West Washington at Eastern Pekin

Charlestown at Silver Creek

Clarksville at Scottsburg

Corydon at Brownstown

Salem at North Harrison

On 8/17/2019 at 9:46 PM, Fkfootball said:

My observation: Charlestown tries to “win” a scrimmage. If they want to try to beat Floyd Central, then why not start a series with them? I have no idea about how these seasons will go for these teams. But it’s hard to say they are “evenly matched” when Charlestown never takes their starters out. Floyds Starters played 10 plays total.

I beg to differ, you are accusing them of cheating per the rules of the scrimmage. And I wasn’t there, but I would be willing to bet FC’s starters played more than 10 plays.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Whoa whoa whoa. I never accused them of cheating. I said they play their starters most of the time. They do this every year. And I have no idea why?  But I know that coach Hawkins DOES play by the rules. 

I take offense to people calling that an “even scrimmage” when 1 team plays their starters a lot and the other team doesn’t. Just because you are an official doesn’t mean you can officiate on this board. Just because you don’t like me, doesn’t mean you can put words in my mouth.

Why does one team have to do the same thing as another?  How far does that go?  Team A passes 4 times, then Team B is expected to throw 4 times?  Since Team A wants to play their 2nd team 10 plays, Team B is expected to?   What if Team B doesn't want to?  

This gets into newspapers publishing scores of scrimmages and who scores---it has -0- relevance, down to how many yards rushing someone has. 

IO---keep up the good work.  Someone needs to call people out.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I beg to differ, you are accusing them of cheating per the rules of the scrimmage. And I wasn’t there, but I would be willing to bet FC’s starters played more than 10 plays.

There was some sarcasm there. That’s not a “literal comment”. You’re feeding it that way because it fits your narrative.

1 hour ago, SPARKS said:

Why does one team have to do the same thing as another?  How far does that go?  Team A passes 4 times, then Team B is expected to throw 4 times?  Since Team A wants to play their 2nd team 10 plays, Team B is expected to?   What if Team B doesn't want to?  

This gets into newspapers publishing scores of scrimmages and who scores---it has -0- relevance, down to how many yards rushing someone has. 

IO---keep up the good work.  Someone needs to call people out.

I’m just asking why they do it? Lol.

17 hours ago, npatman said:

I finally gave in and went through the security stuff and set up my new account.

Wow, two of you so far picking Corydon over Brownstown...what's your logic? Just curious.

Just a week 1 gut feeling. No logic.