Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2019

9 hours ago, PLAC FAN said:

There will be two surprise teams in the MSC this year.....Corydon and Brownstown.....for different reasons.

Don't beat around the bush bub, what are you saying?

Corydon is going to win conference and go undeafeated?

Brownstown is going to have their first losing record in 27 years?

Don't leave us hanging, share this "insider knowlege" that you have, inquiring minds want to know!!!

So far everyone who has picked games has Perry Central over Tell City. I read on the PAC Week 1 stream that Tell City is the sleeper of the PAC and will finish 3rd or 4th in the conference. Is this conference bias or is Perry Central and Tell City both really good but we think Perry just a little better?

29 minutes ago, JQWL said:

So far everyone who has picked games has Perry Central over Tell City. I read on the PAC Week 1 stream that Tell City is the sleeper of the PAC and will finish 3rd or 4th in the conference. Is this conference bias or is Perry Central and Tell City both really good but we think Perry just a little better?

It's probably a little conference bias on both threads. That's why they play the games, let's see what happens Friday. Really looking forward to this season getting underway. May the best team win! 

Is Eastern Greene the sleeper in Sectional 48? was all their off-season noise much ado about nothing?

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

From what I've seen of the film we missed an illegal formation on one play.

IO, that's interesting, thanks for sharing. I've always wondered once you are a coach or an official are you able to watch a game through a fans eyes anymore? One other question when you are calling a game which involves a "superstar" do you ever get caught up in that individuals performance, such as thinking, Wow! I'm probably never going to see anything like this again?

1 minute ago, SenatorFan said:

IO, that's interesting, thanks for sharing. I've always wondered once you are a coach or an official are you able to watch a game through a fans eyes anymore? One other question when you are calling a game which involves a "superstar" do you ever get caught up in that individuals performance, such as thinking, Wow! I'm probably never going to see anything like this again?

It definitely changes the way you watch a game. Even watching a game on TV, I often find myself counting offensive players in the huddle, looking for subs coming in, and once the line up looking at the formation to make sure they're legal, checking numbers positions, etc. 

The superstar.....sadly unless he's the QB, the LG, or one of the defensive rushers, I probably won't see much of him. I often here the BJ or wing talk about these spectacular plays down field, and I never see them.  In fact many times I don't know whether the ball is dropped or caught. You have your keys, then your area of responsibility, and that's your sole focus.   

1 minute ago, Impartial_Observer said:

It definitely changes the way you watch a game. Even watching a game on TV, I often find myself counting offensive players in the huddle, looking for subs coming in, and once the line up looking at the formation to make sure they're legal, checking numbers positions, etc. 

The superstar.....sadly unless he's the QB, the LG, or one of the defensive rushers, I probably won't see much of him. I often here the BJ or wing talk about these spectacular plays down field, and I never see them.  In fact many times I don't know whether the ball is dropped or caught. You have your keys, then your area of responsibility, and that's your sole focus.   

Appreciate the feedback. Gives a new appreciation for what the officials do. One of my favorite things about GID. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SenatorFan said:

Is Eastern Greene the sleeper in Sectional 48? was all their off-season noise much ado about nothing?

Friday at Springs Valley will tell us a lot about Eastern...The "off-season noise" actually was a pretty big deal. But the bigger issue is Eastern graduated 16 or 17 seniors, most of whom played major roles on their state finals team. And their replacements aren't on this year's roster.

21 underclassmen on last year's roster, and 31 players came out this year. 

I know scrimmages don't mean a whole lot. But Brown County did score seven times to Eastern's two...

11 hours ago, npatman said:

Don't beat around the bush bub, what are you saying?

Corydon is going to win conference and go undeafeated?

Brownstown is going to have their first losing record in 27 years?

Don't leave us hanging, share this "insider knowlege" that you have, inquiring minds want to know!!!

I ain’t got time for no internet scuffle...too old for that..no disrespect was intended.

I just hear Corydon has a nice young group coming up....took their licks in 18’, but I see a nice 2 year run for them.

Brownstown lost a lot from last season, right?

Getting some varsity action seasoning plays a big role, especially week 1.

And by surprise, I meant Btown could drop 3 or 4 games....then come back in 2020 and run the table.

So, I’m picking a surprise for week 1.....but as my ex wives are a testament to, I’ve been wrong before

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PLAC FAN said:

I ain’t got time for no internet scuffle...too old for that..no disrespect was intended.

I just hear Corydon has a nice young group coming up....took their licks in 18’, but I see a nice 2 year run for them.

Brownstown lost a lot from last season, right?

Getting some varsity action seasoning plays a big role, especially week 1.

And by surprise, I meant Btown could drop 3 or 4 games....then come back in 2020 and run the table.

So, I’m picking a surprise for week 1.....but as my ex wives are a testament to, I’ve been wrong before

Thank you sir, this is precisely how I hoped you would respond, I don't want an internet scuffle either lol.

To be fair...Brownstown loses a lot every year. Most Seniors start when possible, then they graduate and well, that's that.

We really have quite a few starters returning on both sides this year, at least the normal amount, if not more.

On paper this year's team is the fastest we've ever had and just about the strongest too, but we do have some kids

that will improve as the year goes on and they gain more Varsity experience.

All in all, I would expect the same type of season that we normally have for the most part. I personally do not expect

us to lose in the MSC this year, but then again, I am biased and have the same expectations every year!

I hope Corydon is on the right track and is going to have a decent two year run, but I will be surprised if they can turn

around a 42 point deficit from the last team that they played.

20 minutes ago, npatman said:

Thank you sir, this is precisely how I hoped you would respond, I don't want an internet scuffle either lol.

To be fair...Brownstown loses a lot every year. Most Seniors start when possible, then they graduate and well, that's that.

We really have quite a few starters returning on both sides this year, at least the normal amount, if not more.

On paper this year's team is the fastest we've ever had and just about the strongest too, but we do have some kids

that will improve as the year goes on and they gain more Varsity experience.

All in all, I would expect the same type of season that we normally have for the most part. I personally do not expect

us to lose in the MSC this year, but then again, I am biased and have the same expectations every year!

I hope Corydon is on the right track and is going to have a decent two year run, but I will be surprised if they can turn

around a 42 point deficit from the last team that they played.

I will definitely eat crow if they run the table this year......they may/probably should beat Corydon, but I’m gonna be surprised if they run the table (minus Seymour).....heck, sometimes getting beat in the regular season is good for you all....seems to set up a deeper tourney run.

And another thing:

Perry is gonna be good this year.  I think they have the best player in the conference in their QB, and a ton of experience coming back.

It seems like folks are high on West wash, and that week 7 could be a slobber knocker......maybe a repeat in sectionals.

Just never sure about west wash......they won a couple of sectionals against down opponents over the years, but Perry looks to have the edge on them in 2019.

Now, I’ll brace for impact, ha!

• Like 1

Crawford Co. at Switzerland Co.

Eastern Greene at Springs Valley

Madison at Paoli

Mitchell at Edgewood

Perry Central at Tell City (Hate picking against PC...but after what I saw at scrimmage, looks like a long season for the Commodores...hope I'm wrong)

West Washington at Eastern Pekin

Charlestown at Silver Creek

Clarksville at Scottsburg

Corydon at Brownstown

Salem at North Harrison

5 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Actually, I think the PC QB is really good so not knocking him. If there were a conference pre-season offensive player of the year, It's Bobby Stevens. And I don't really think it's close.

Tell me more.....west wash is one of those places where my networks a little dry......you say this Bobby is a big ten recruit?!